Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
magicLAL12
Mouseketeer
 
magicLAL12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: the ocean state
Posts: 262

Question Boardwalk Inn & Villas: Toiletry Question

Hello!

Was just wondering if anyone who has stayed at the BWI and/or the BWV recently could tell me what brand of shampoo/conditioner/lotion is in the room? Last January it was H20+ and I just wanted to check if it was the same.

Thanks & Happy New Year!
__________________



Just a Running Couple that Refuses to Grow Up.
June 2012: College Graduation Celebration; Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village.
January 2013: My First Marathon; 20th Anniversary WDW Marathon; Boardwalk Villas
Next up: January 2014: Hooked..We're Running again; Boardwalk Villas, split-stay
.

magicLAL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
soarin_over_nj
Mouseketeer
 
soarin_over_nj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 174

I stayed in the Villas in July and it was H20+ but it was the grapefruit scent (orange colored) and not the blue normal color.
__________________
August 1992 First Trip Polynesian, May 1994 OKW, June 1995 OKW,October 1996 OKW, July 1997 OKW, August 1998 OKW, August 1999 OKW, September 2000 OKW, August 2001 OKW, July 2002 Beach Club, November 2002 All Star Sports, July 2003 Yacht Club, July 2004 OKW, November 2004 OKW, July 2005 Beach Club, April 2006 OKW, July 2006 Boardwalk, August 2007 Boardwalk, July 2008 Boardwalk and AKL, November 2008 OKW, April 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, August 2009 Boardwalk, January 2010 Beach Club, August 2010 Boardwalk, December 2010 25th Trip AKL, July 2011 Beach Club, November 2011 AKL, July 2012 Boardwalk, September 2012 (1st runDisney) Boardwalk, January 2013 Saratoga Springs, Wilderness Lodge, OKW, July 2013 Boardwalk, October 2013 AKL, January 2014 (runDisney) Grand Floridian, OKW, April 2014 Caribbean Beach, July 2014 Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, February 2015 runDisney

soarin_over_nj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Luv4Disney
DIS Veteran
 
Luv4Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 4,914

In October it was H2O and the scent varied from shampoo, lotion, etc. It's better than the stuff at the value resorts. Tinker bell is on the soap too. Very cute.
__________________
Luv4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
mommy2mb
Mouseketeer
 
mommy2mb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Illinois & BWV
Posts: 141

Just there in December in the villas. It's still the H20+ products.
__________________
Me & DH DS (10) DS (4) pirate
mommy2mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
magicLAL12
Mouseketeer
 
magicLAL12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: the ocean state
Posts: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarin_over_nj View Post
I stayed in the Villas in July and it was H20+ but it was the grapefruit scent (orange colored) and not the blue normal color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv4Disney View Post
In October it was H2O and the scent varied from shampoo, lotion, etc. It's better than the stuff at the value resorts. Tinker bell is on the soap too. Very cute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mb View Post
Just there in December in the villas. It's still the H20+ products.
Great- thank you all for your help!
__________________



Just a Running Couple that Refuses to Grow Up.
June 2012: College Graduation Celebration; Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village.
January 2013: My First Marathon; 20th Anniversary WDW Marathon; Boardwalk Villas
Next up: January 2014: Hooked..We're Running again; Boardwalk Villas, split-stay
.

magicLAL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:06 AM   #6
magicLAL12
Mouseketeer
 
magicLAL12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: the ocean state
Posts: 262

Question Additional Questions

Realized that I had another question about the toiletry amenities at BWI/BWV..

First, now that we've established the brand of toiletries given, I wanted to check what types are actually left in the room? I know shampoo & conditioner, but do they have both body wash & lotion as well?

Secondly, how is the hair dryer? Is it one of those tiny ones that never seem to work on my hair or a "normal" sized one?

TY in advance for your help- I am trying to reduce the amount that I pack this year, and since I usually bring all of this stuff myself, I've never paid much attention to what was already in the room.
__________________



Just a Running Couple that Refuses to Grow Up.
June 2012: College Graduation Celebration; Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village.
January 2013: My First Marathon; 20th Anniversary WDW Marathon; Boardwalk Villas
Next up: January 2014: Hooked..We're Running again; Boardwalk Villas, split-stay
.

magicLAL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #7
soarin_over_nj
Mouseketeer
 
soarin_over_nj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 174

THe H20 products were shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion in July. And the hair dryer was the smaller kind attached to the wall. To save space I normally just use that one. I also know our hair dryer broke one yeah and housekeeping brought us a full size one--maybe you can just ask for one of those at check in?
__________________
August 1992 First Trip Polynesian, May 1994 OKW, June 1995 OKW,October 1996 OKW, July 1997 OKW, August 1998 OKW, August 1999 OKW, September 2000 OKW, August 2001 OKW, July 2002 Beach Club, November 2002 All Star Sports, July 2003 Yacht Club, July 2004 OKW, November 2004 OKW, July 2005 Beach Club, April 2006 OKW, July 2006 Boardwalk, August 2007 Boardwalk, July 2008 Boardwalk and AKL, November 2008 OKW, April 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, August 2009 Boardwalk, January 2010 Beach Club, August 2010 Boardwalk, December 2010 25th Trip AKL, July 2011 Beach Club, November 2011 AKL, July 2012 Boardwalk, September 2012 (1st runDisney) Boardwalk, January 2013 Saratoga Springs, Wilderness Lodge, OKW, July 2013 Boardwalk, October 2013 AKL, January 2014 (runDisney) Grand Floridian, OKW, April 2014 Caribbean Beach, July 2014 Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, February 2015 runDisney

soarin_over_nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #8
ShirikiUtundu
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 453

Shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, and shower gel.

If you stay at the Inn you'll get lotion but if you stay in the Villas you won't.

The scent will usually be grapefruit bergamot or blushing orange, or sometimes a mixture of the two, and the bar soap will usually be sea salt.
ShirikiUtundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #9
magicLAL12
Mouseketeer
 
magicLAL12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: the ocean state
Posts: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarin_over_nj View Post
THe H20 products were shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion in July. And the hair dryer was the smaller kind attached to the wall. To save space I normally just use that one. I also know our hair dryer broke one yeah and housekeeping brought us a full size one--maybe you can just ask for one of those at check in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirikiUtundu View Post
Shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, and shower gel.

If you stay at the Inn you'll get lotion but if you stay in the Villas you won't.

The scent will usually be grapefruit bergamot or blushing orange, or sometimes a mixture of the two, and the bar soap will usually be sea salt.
Thank you both!
__________________



Just a Running Couple that Refuses to Grow Up.
June 2012: College Graduation Celebration; Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village.
January 2013: My First Marathon; 20th Anniversary WDW Marathon; Boardwalk Villas
Next up: January 2014: Hooked..We're Running again; Boardwalk Villas, split-stay
.

magicLAL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #10
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicLAL12 View Post
Realized that I had another question about the toiletry amenities at BWI/BWV..

First, now that we've established the brand of toiletries given, I wanted to check what types are actually left in the room? I know shampoo & conditioner, but do they have both body wash & lotion as well?

Secondly, how is the hair dryer? Is it one of those tiny ones that never seem to work on my hair or a "normal" sized one?

TY in advance for your help- I am trying to reduce the amount that I pack this year, and since I usually bring all of this stuff myself, I've never paid much attention to what was already in the room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarin_over_nj View Post
THe H20 products were shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion in July. And the hair dryer was the smaller kind attached to the wall. To save space I normally just use that one. I also know our hair dryer broke one yeah and housekeeping brought us a full size one--maybe you can just ask for one of those at check in?
I stayed at the Inn in March and August of last year and the hair dryer was in a black bag under the vanity, not attached to the wall. It is a smaller hair dryer, but not the teeny tiny ones that are attached to the walls at some resorts. Stayed at Poly in December and it was a wall attached hair dryer. The BWI hair dryer was fine for me, but not for my daughter who has very thick, long hair. She brings her own hair dryer for WDW trips.

That was my experience. Perhaps it varies by room?
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.