Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #1471
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray52 View Post
Can't believe more people haven't gone to white noise machines. Once adjusted to it, you can sleep almost anywhere. We can, and have, slept within 100' of an active train route and never missed a minutes sleep. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I have thought about it. But we'd need two since we are sleeping in two rooms.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #1472
Squirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Very nice! Enjoy! Should be nice and quiet post the holiday crowds.
I hope so. I'm taking my Wife of a little over 4 years. She has never been and really has no idea what to expect.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #1473
gray52
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
We actually have 5, lol. 1 for each bedroom and 1 for the camper. Take them everywhere we go. It eliminates being disturbed by things like people in the hallway, back-up beepers and, my wife claims, people who snore.

We've used them forever (ran a fan until we bought noise machines about 5 years ago). I'd suggest the Marpac Dohm-DS Dual Speed Sound Conditioner, found on Amazon for about $45. Ours have lasted since we purchased them. We also have a digital one with different sounds (crashing waves, water falls, etc...) that we bought this past summer. They haven't quite perfected that technology, however.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 12-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #1474
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
If you have an iPhone or iPad, there are nice whitenoise apps that work really well. I used to lug my machine with me on trips (not that big, but it takes up room and I had to remember to pack it), but I always have my iPhone and iPad with me.

We were on the 5th floor both times we stayed at BWV in a studio. It was quiet at night.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #1475
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
If you have an iPhone or iPad, there are nice whitenoise apps that work really well. I used to lug my machine with me on trips (not that big, but it takes up room and I had to remember to pack it), but I always have my iPhone and iPad with me.

We were on the 5th floor both times we stayed at BWV in a studio. It was quiet at night.
I concur. I play white noise on my iPhone using the iHome alarm clock in the room when I go to bed. Works great for me.

-- Dave

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden), AKL-Kidani (10/14, Food and Wine)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)
Old 12-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #1476
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Can someone tell me the best way to get to Ohana and MK from BWV.

I was planning on going to Ohana during our day at MK but am considering changing the park to EP due to EMH but am worried this may be an inconvenience. I read traveling to MK from BWV is a hassle. Is this true? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #1477
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksomody View Post
Can someone tell me the best way to get to Ohana and MK from BWV.

I was planning on going to Ohana during our day at MK but am considering changing the park to EP due to EMH but am worried this may be an inconvenience. I read traveling to MK from BWV is a hassle. Is this true? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have a park hopper? You can go through Epcot (after the park opens for the day) and hop the monorail to the TTC. Then walk over to the Polynesian from the TTC (faster than getting the resort monorail).

Or you could take a bus from DHS to the Polynesian.

Or take a cab to the Polynesian.

Or take the bus from BW to MK and then the resort monorail or boat over to the Polynesian.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #1478
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

Do you have a park hopper? You can go through Epcot (after the park opens for the day) and hop the monorail to the TTC. Then walk over to the Polynesian from the TTC (faster than getting the resort monorail).

Or you could take a bus from DHS to the Polynesian.

Or take a cab to the Polynesian.

Or take the bus from BW to MK and then the resort monorail or boat over to the Polynesian.
We don't have a hopper but will go to EP during the day and Ohana at night so could go through EP to the monorail. Is the monorail easier than the bus? (I'm traveling with 2 scooters)
Old 12-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #1479
JEWLSVERN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksomody View Post

We don't have a hopper but will go to EP during the day and Ohana at night so could go through EP to the monorail. Is the monorail easier than the bus? (I'm traveling with 2 scooters)
Yes. We found the monorail easier than a bus with ECVs.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #1480
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Hi all! Just wanted to say that we just returned from our first stay at BWV and absolutely loved it!!! Checked in last Friday around 10:30a and received a text by noon saying our room was ready. I had requested a high floor close to elevator and lobby and was given room 4050. I could not have been more happier with the location!! So very close to everything. We had an amazing view of Luna park pool with tower of terror in the back ground. I could have stayed on the balcony for hours enjoying the view. Buses were good. We only shared with swan and dolphin. Except coming back from DTD we also stopped at YC and BC. Being able to walk to Epcot and DHS was such a great perk! Loved it! We will definitely be staying here again in the future.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #1481
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

While December 25th was significant to many people for its religious importance, it was significant to us for another reason. It marked four weeks until we're back home
Old 12-29-2013, 09:08 AM   #1482
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Hi all! Just wanted to say that we just returned from our first stay at BWV and absolutely loved it!!! Checked in last Friday around 10:30a and received a text by noon saying our room was ready. I had requested a high floor close to elevator and lobby and was given room 4050. I could not have been more happier with the location!! So very close to everything. We had an amazing view of Luna park pool with tower of terror in the back ground. I could have stayed on the balcony for hours enjoying the view. Buses were good. We only shared with swan and dolphin. Except coming back from DTD we also stopped at YC and BC. Being able to walk to Epcot and DHS was such a great perk! Loved it! We will definitely be staying here again in the future.
Glad you enjoyed it so much! We had "just" the three bus shares on our last trip, and if was definitely better than the five, but I still think BWI/BWV are big enough to not share at all. Sounds like you had a great room as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
While December 25th was significant to many people for its religious importance, it was significant to us for another reason. It marked four weeks until we're back home
Awesome! Sounds like you're totally ready for it!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 12-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #1483
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Awesome! Sounds like you're totally ready for it!
With the winter shaping up the way it is, darn straight. Just hoping Orlando stays warm for us. We're also doing something special this trip, the Wild Africa Trek at AK, which I'm totally looking forward to.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #1484
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
With the winter shaping up the way it is, darn straight. Just hoping Orlando stays warm for us. We're also doing something special this trip, the Wild Africa Trek at AK, which I'm totally looking forward to.
We had a great time on the Wild Africa Trek. Very interesting and loads of fun.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:06 AM   #1485
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year's Eve to All!

We will be arriving at BWV on January 18, 2014. Does anyone know when the January activities calendar will be released for BWV?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: