Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #511
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Try again - I just booked POP last night with the winter Room Only deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
Looks like I'm late to the party when it comes to booking Pop for my friend and I in February... seems to be completely sold out for discounted rooms as well as GP-rate rooms. Looks like we'll be at ASMu 3rd-7th. Then we're staying in downtown Orlando for a conference for two days and then the only way we can book Pop for the 9th is through Expedia - every single value room for that night seems sold out on MDE

I'm so mad at myself for not booking earlier - I've known for nearly a month that we were going but I didn't rush as I've never had an issue getting the room I wanted before. I told her about seeing AKL for $185 on Expedia for our last night.... checked back today and they only have $320 Savannah View rooms left
I booked POP just last night (Dec 29) and I booked for Feb 9-13. So, give it another shot. I clicked on the Special Offers and got the Winter Rate room only. But they still had openings I think with the play, stay and dine deal too.

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
mdsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #512
bluezy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfriend416 View Post
Did you mean to quote a different post? I'm not concerned about not having enough to eat. The problem is that we will have extra meal credits left at the end of our trip and I was wondering if anyone was able to exchange meals for snacks at Pop.
You could create a meal out of the "grab and go" foods and use the items as late night snacks or food to eat while driving home (or if you're flying, I've heard people say they eat the food on the way to the airport or at the airport). When we used the QSDP a few years ago (it was free and that was a bigger $$ savings for us than a room discount) we knew we were going to have a few extra meal credits so my husband found out he could get a Sushi tray (out of the cooler) as the main part of a meal so he'd grab one of those (along with a side, dessert, and drink) to eat as a snack later at night. We were also able to do the same thing with a sandwiches and salads in the coolers. That was our trip in 2011, so I'm not sure what's in the grab & go area now, but that might be an option if you can't substitute actual snacks -- just be creative with the elements of the meal.

FWIW, when we were down this past June, my son and his girlfriend did the meal plan and they worked hard to make sure they used all of their credits (and realized by day 2 of 7 that they were going to have way too much food every day). When we had our last meal the night before we were leaving, the cashier noticed that they had managed to use all of their credits and she drew a big smiley face on their receipt, wrote "congratulations", and gave them a Mickey Mouse sticker to reward them. She said it's rare that people actually use all of their credits.

Last edited by bluezy; 12-30-2013 at 10:34 PM.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #513
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy View Post
You could create a meal out of the "grab and go" foods use the items as late night snacks or food to eat while driving home (or if you're flying, I've heard people say they eat the food on the way to the airport or at the airport). When we used the QSDP a few years ago (it was free and that was a bigger $$ savings for us than a room discount) we knew we were going to have a few extra meal credits so my husband found out he could get a Sushi tray (out of the cooler) as the main part of a meal so he'd grab one of those (along with a side, dessert, and drink) to eat as a snack later at night. We were also able to do the same thing with a sandwiches and salads in the coolers. That was our trip in 2011, so I'm not sure what's in the grab & go area now, but that might be an option if you can't substitute actual snacks -- just be creative with the elements of the meal. FWIW, when we were down this past June, my son and his girlfriend did the meal plan and they worked hard to make sure they used all of their credits (and realized by day 2 of 7 that they were going to have way too much food every day). When we had our last meal the night before we were leaving, the cashier noticed that they had managed to use all of their credits and she drew a big smiley face on their receipt, wrote "congratulations", and gave them a Mickey Mouse sticker to reward them. She said it's rare that people actually use all of their credits.
We did exactly that in September: two items and a drink was perfectly acceptable for us to use each of our last few meals. The key seemed to be including the drink. We grabbed bottled drinks for the DME to the airport and while waiting
heathere3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #514
marthachick
DIS Veteran

We were at POP from Dec 7-13, 2013. I called and added the following requests to our reservations: Building 5, 4th floor, lake view, and said we were celebrating our 30th anniversary. Well, we got building 7, 3rd floor, parking lot/treetop view and a call from Mickey & Minnie congratulating us. Room was clean. Had a fridge. Old bedding. I was a little disappointed that the building, floor & view were not what I had requested, but we had a great time so it was ok.

We got 'Anniversary' pins & wrote '30' on it. We got lots of well wishes, a free Dole Whip float & a free Mug from Liberty Tree Tavern. No other freebies but still enjoyed the well wishes, some from other guests. DH was surprised when anyone mentioned it. I had 1 cast member say she was getting married in 55 days & wanted advice on how to stay married that long.

Offsite May 1984
Offsite January 1990
All Star Sports October 2005
POP Century December 2013
marthachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #515
tdmoney7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready to go View Post
2 more"sleeps" and I will be at the Pop!!! I used a TA this time and I am hoping she put in my requests!
Ditto!! Can't wait!!!
tdmoney7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:41 PM   #516
dsnymomof4
DIS Veteran

So, this is my first time back on the Dis since returning from our Pop stay Dec 12-18. Had such a great time - love the Holiday season! DS5 has mentioned several times since being back how much he misses Pop Century. I would tease him when we first got back by asking him if he could run down to the food court and get me a snack, or ask him if he wanted to go down to the pool - he would laugh and tell me we weren't at the hotel any more! At least I had the holidays to take my mind off of that depressed feeling of our vacation being over. But now, it's setting in - I want to go back! Hope everyone there now is having as magical a time as we did!

July 2002: offsite(1st family trip); Aug 2004:Pop;July 2005:Pop; Dec 2005:All Star Sports/BWV;Aug 2006:Pop(free dining!); Dec 2006: BC(adults only);Apr 2007: SSR-Easter/DD9 birthday trip ; Oct 2007: SSR-MNSSHP/DD11 birthday trip;Apr 2008:BC/VWL-DS14 HS marching band@MK, 1st trip w/new babyooh:; Nov/Dec 2008: Pop; ESPN wknd 2009-DH 5K@DHS:BWV/Pop; Aug 2009:VB/Pop-Free Dining!; Jan 2010:GF; Nov 2010:BC;Apr 2012:BWV-Surprise Easter/DD14 birthday trip; Jan 2013:POR-Marathon/FD; June 2013: Surprise/school's out trip:VB/SSR/POR/BWV; Dec 2013:Pop FD extended family trip
dsnymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:40 AM   #517
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnymomof4 View Post
So, this is my first time back on the Dis since returning from our Pop stay Dec 12-18. Had such a great time - love the Holiday season! DS5 has mentioned several times since being back how much he misses Pop Century. I would tease him when we first got back by asking him if he could run down to the food court and get me a snack, or ask him if he wanted to go down to the pool - he would laugh and tell me we weren't at the hotel any more! At least I had the holidays to take my mind off of that depressed feeling of our vacation being over. But now, it's setting in - I want to go back! Hope everyone there now is having as magical a time as we did!
You're son sounds like a sweetie. I know what you mean about the depression. You know what the only cure is: start planning your next trip!

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:57 AM   #518
Goofy41
Goofy-Dad

Booked....

Pop Jan 15 - Jan 21 for the Division II College National Cheer Championships.. Is there a way to get alcohol delivered to me on my day of arrival. I saw a looong time ago a link to do this..,.pls help,

thx,

happy new year..
July 02-Cruise W. Caribbean/CBR
Dec 02-Xmas-PO-R
Apr 04-CBR, Dec 06 AsM
Aug 07 POP, Dec 08 & 09 POP
Dec 10 POP, Dec 11 Dolphin
Jan 12 Yacht & Beach
Jan 14 Pop

Goofy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #519
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy41
Pop Jan 15 - Jan 21 for the Division II College National Cheer Championships.. Is there a way to get alcohol delivered to me on my day of arrival. I saw a looong time ago a link to do this..,.pls help,

thx,

happy new year..
gardengrocer.com

wegoshop.com
Old 12-31-2013, 07:05 AM   #520
Goofy41
Goofy-Dad

Thx.....
July 02-Cruise W. Caribbean/CBR
Dec 02-Xmas-PO-R
Apr 04-CBR, Dec 06 AsM
Aug 07 POP, Dec 08 & 09 POP
Dec 10 POP, Dec 11 Dolphin
Jan 12 Yacht & Beach
Jan 14 Pop

Goofy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:11 AM   #521
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy

You could create a meal out of the "grab and go" foods and use the items as late night snacks or food to eat while driving home (or if you're flying, I've heard people say they eat the food on the way to the airport or at the airport). When we used the QSDP a few years ago (it was free and that was a bigger $$ savings for us than a room discount) we knew we were going to have a few extra meal credits so my husband found out he could get a Sushi tray (out of the cooler) as the main part of a meal so he'd grab one of those (along with a side, dessert, and drink) to eat as a snack later at night. We were also able to do the same thing with a sandwiches and salads in the coolers. That was our trip in 2011, so I'm not sure what's in the grab & go area now, but that might be an option if you can't substitute actual snacks -- just be creative with the elements of the meal.

FWIW, when we were down this past June, my son and his girlfriend did the meal plan and they worked hard to make sure they used all of their credits (and realized by day 2 of 7 that they were going to have way too much food every day). When we had our last meal the night before we were leaving, the cashier noticed that they had managed to use all of their credits and she drew a big smiley face on their receipt, wrote "congratulations", and gave them a Mickey Mouse sticker to reward them. She said it's rare that people actually use all of their credits.
We went during F&W festival and used most of our snack credits there. If we didn't we would have come home with a lot of snacks. You get so much food, even with the QSDP, thay you really don't use the snack credits. The few that we did have left over I used for the Mickey Mouse rice krispy treats. I put them in my kids lunches for school.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:32 AM   #522
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

We changed to POP from POFQ for our 2/27-3/2 trip We did the S/P/D offer, and I couldn't justify TS for such a short trip. We are celebrating our DD's 4th birthday which was 12/21 this was her birthday gift. Then when I booked I spaced off that is was mine and Dh's wedding anniversary 3/1. How do I get DD a birthday pin?? Also is their a certain decade better than others for location? My DH wants 80's and I want 50's. This is my 8th visit to Disney and my 1st time staying on site
Old 01-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #523
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09
We changed to POP from POFQ for our 2/27-3/2 trip We did the S/P/D offer, and I couldn't justify TS for such a short trip. We are celebrating our DD's 4th birthday which was 12/21 this was her birthday gift. Then when I booked I spaced off that is was mine and Dh's wedding anniversary 3/1. How do I get DD a birthday pin?? Also is their a certain decade better than others for location? My DH wants 80's and I want 50's. This is my 8th visit to Disney and my 1st time staying on site
You can get your daughter a bday pin at MK just as you go under the train station. Theres a CM there with a cart full of pins. You might be able to get one at POP too. Ask a CM at the front desk. We were there in 2012 for my sons bday. He wore a bday pin too. EVERY CM we came across wished him a happy birthday. Even the ones in the parades. We were at the store after Mission Space and a CM there handed my son the phone and told him Goofy was on the phone and was looking for him all day to wish him a happy bday. I swear my eyes were wet more than dry that entire week. They are awesome! As far as decaded at POP....we stayed in the 80's section this past October and it was great. I know a lot of people on here like the 50's and 60's section too.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #524
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09
CMs at the front desk, concierge and even in the gift shop at POP can personalize a Birthday pin for your DD.

Personally my favorite section of POP is the 50's!! I don't care for the 80's / 90's sections. I feel that they are to far away from everything. I spent 38 nights at POP last year...26 of them in the 50's section! Loved it!!!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #525
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
CMs at the front desk, concierge and even in the gift shop at POP can personalize a Birthday pin for your DD.

Personally my favorite section of POP is the 50's!! I don't care for the 80's / 90's sections. I feel that they are to far away from everything. I spent 38 nights at POP last year...26 of them in the 50's section! Loved it!!!
Thanks for the info!! I have no idea how far anything is. I think if I can I am going to change my request to the 50's area

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: