Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #271
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Looks like some fun photopass pictures.

It seems to me that you enjoy more of DHS than you like to admit. I mean you only named 3 things, but you then said you like Muppets. That's like half the park, right there. I've got to say that I LOVE DHS, but they really could stand to add a few more things to it.

Now I have a request. Go find Josh's movie stash and watch Star Wars. The Original Star Wars movies. Not the new ones. I mean you can watch them eventually, but start with the good stuff.
Our next trip will add Hollywood and Vine to "must do" for DHS, for my niece

He got me to watch StarTrek a few weeks ago, I liked that, so maybe I will find the Star Wars movies this weekend and give them a go
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #272
My sister's princess

We decided it was time for another first!

Yes I know, how it is possible!? One of my Facebook friends asked me exactly what it is I do in Disney if I had never had a Dole Whip, seen a rope drop show, rode the trolley or gone to Indiana Jones…

So we headed in, not really knowing what to expect (other than what I had seen on the Full House special!)

Oh look, another selfie!

We had really good seats considering how late we had gotten there!

I HAD to Facebook this photo… I work at a school that offers video as a major, and while I don’t really know anything about the equipment, I knew this wouldn’t mass muster where I work!

I can see why so many people feel this needs to be freshened. I enjoyed seeing the fire and “stuff” but really the effects that they are highlighting are not the newest and best…

Once the show was finished we headed out to the gift shop

This could be a really fun new area if they rethemed it! It just looks tired.

Josh had been fighting a nasty cold this whole time, and we bought more medicine (at like $3 a dose!) before I remembered we could just go here:

I was starting to feel stuffy and nasty as well, so the nurse hooked us up! She was SUPER nice and together we made fun of Josh for having “man cold”…. She also told me that when they have a nurse position open up they normally get about (literally) a thousand applications for the job. She gave us enough meds for the rest of the trip, and sent us on our way with stickers!

After stopping it was time to head to dinner. On the way, this happened

Where were we having dinner you ask?

We had a 5:50 reservation at the drive in! You can read all about it (no really I talk a lot) HERE in my dining review!
Here we are being adorable in our car!

By the time we were done eating we decided that it was cold, we didn’t really feel good, and that Fantasmic! Would have to wait until another night.
On the way out of dinner I saw this billboard and got really excited (keep in mind we don’t have billboards in Maine at all) I LOVE this show!

One of my favorite things that you run into at Hollywood Studios :

We of course had to find more penny machines! Sadly I didn’t have enough change with us to get them all, and figured I could get the rest a few days later… if only I had KNOWN!!!!! (more foreshadowing dum dum dum)

After a bit more wandering we headed back to the hotel and spent
It was a good plan, that I think kept both of us from getting really sick, and I’m glad we stuck to it!

Last edited by My sister's princess; 12-30-2013 at 12:44 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #273
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now I have a request. Go find Josh's movie stash and watch Star Wars. The Original Star Wars movies. Not the new ones. I mean you can watch them eventually, but start with the good stuff.
^YES!!!

Can you please make this a New Years resolution??? You have 12 months and I have total faith that you can do it!

I really love the PP of you two. The one with the glasses is really cute!

I haven't seen the stunt show yet Walked past it many times, but haven't gone in.

No billboards? Really?

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:50 PM   #274
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
Yes I know, how it is possible!? One of my Facebook friends asked me exactly what it is I do in Disney if I had never had a Dole Whip, seen a rope drop show, rode the trolley or gone to Indiana Jones…
So... what was your answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
So we headed in, not really knowing what to expect (other than what I had seen on the Full House special!)
So you knew exactly what to expect. Except of course, you're not going to see Steve playing Indiana Jones.

Sorry you weren't feeling well. Always puts a damper on things, but at least the nurse hooked you up!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #275
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
^YES!!!

Can you please make this a New Years resolution??? You have 12 months and I have total faith that you can do it!

I really love the PP of you two. The one with the glasses is really cute!

I haven't seen the stunt show yet Walked past it many times, but haven't gone in.

No billboards? Really?
12 months really isn't that much time with all the planning I have to get done...

Quote:
So... what was your answer?

So you knew exactly what to expect. Except of course, you're not going to see Steve playing Indiana Jones.

Sorry you weren't feeling well. Always puts a damper on things, but at least the nurse hooked you up!
Would have been WAY better with Steve, just saying!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #276
My sister's princess

The next morning we slept in a bit (according to my notes we slept 10 hours!) I forgot to mention we did 13,965 steps the day before!

But we were VERY sad to wake up to a wicked mess from our neighbors!

I took a photo for fear that it would blow over onto our balcony, and we would be charged for the smokers! We decided to stop on the way out and let the front desk know, because where we were right on top of the animals, and there was a slight breeze, we were worried that an animal might end up eating that nasty stuff!

They thanked us for letting them know, and sure enough when we went back later in the day it was gone, and so were the people!

Our plan called for Breakfast at the Mara, but we decided since it was so late to just head on over to Epcot and start snacking early!
We of course stopped for a few fun photos!

So I’m a little confused about what we did next. I think we were a hair too early for the festival, so we went to Inoventions?

We then headed back into the Festival Center, to look at more of the exhibits.

As we came out of the center I was so excited to see the Jaminators were setting up! We have never caught them full on like this!

As they got started they drew a nice crowd!

Epcot was not crowded at all! We knew they were predicting a very wet day, so we had our ponchos on the ready, but it appeared other people were just skipping the park!

Once the World Showcase opened we headed straight over!

We had a few tasks! I needed to meet Duffy, and I needed to eat!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:50 AM   #277
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Is that a scratcher on the ground next to the cigarette?? They must have been partying hard Glad you told the CM's. For the animals sake and yours too. I think the fee is like $250 huh? Hope they got charged!

Looking forward to hearing about your day at DHS!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:14 AM   #278
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Is that a scratcher on the ground next to the cigarette?? They must have been partying hard Glad you told the CM's. For the animals sake and yours too. I think the fee is like $250 huh? Hope they got charged!

Looking forward to hearing about your day at DHS!
It really irritates me, there are smoking areas around the hotel, and this isn't like other places where it just smells, you could hurt an animal!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #279
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 01-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #280
sarahkate60120
Earning My Ears

Loving the updates! Read all 19 pages today. What can I can it has been snowing for the last five days with another 6 -12 inches tomorrow and -13 actual air temps.
sarahkate60120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #281
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Glad you are still here, I know it's taking a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate60120 View Post
Loving the updates! Read all 19 pages today. What can I can it has been snowing for the last five days with another 6 -12 inches tomorrow and -13 actual air temps.
You are on fire!!! We have been in the negatives all week as well. Today it was -9 with the wind chill and felt warm

Thanks for commenting and joining in!
Old 01-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #282
Britard
Mouseketeer

Love, love, love the Jammitors! My daughters thought they were great and asked them to sign their autograph books.

We stop for them every time we see them!

Me DH DD DD DS

Disney Trips
2011- January (POP), March (AS sports), April (POR), May (ASMu), August (CSR)
2010- February (POP), April (ASMu), May (ASMo), September (POP), October (AS sports), December (ASMo)
2009- April, August (ASMu), November (FW)
2000- November Honeymoon (CSR)
1997-June (CBR)
And many numerous visits as a kid-mostly at FW
Britard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #283
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

I can't believe that people would be so careless as to break the clearly stated rules and then leave evidence of doing so. I'm not a fan of cigarette smoke. Otherwise, it looks like you guys were having a blast! If you only had one day to experience Flower and Garden Festival, what would be your must dos?
happenin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #284
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

No comment about the scratch off and cigarette butt. Well, I do have a comment, but I don't want to offend anyone.

Gotta love the Jammitors! Their show is awesome!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #285
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I'm just joining in from the October 2014 facebook group; going to go back and read EVERYTHING so it might be awhile before I post again, but just wanted to say HI!
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: