Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #1996
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran
 
grannyminnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,768

Hello Mickeynut... my Christmas was nice, but a little dark cloud hanging over it was my mom's continuing decline due to dementia.. The family had to split up and eat at two different houses due to it, and that was a first. I am, however, blessed to still have her.
__________________
I'd live in the Castle if I could!



grannyminnie is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #1997
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran
 
BlueGiraffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: London
Posts: 539

Hello everyone

I posted a couple of months ago, asking about a one night stay, and mentioning that I was getting an error message when I tried to book it online.

I decided to leave it until around Easter, when all other parts of the holiday were paid off, and then book it over the phone.

Well, I was looking again today, putting in the dates and seeing what would happen, and it worked!! No error message! It was also cheaper, too. £354 for an MK view, rather than the original £404 for a standard view!! And I only had to pay a £200 deposit, too!

Soooooo excited, can't wait!!
__________________
BlueGiraffe is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #1998
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,340

Just wanted to pay a tribute on the GF thread to our beloved JungleCruiser who we lost 1 year ago today. She was a dear friend to all who knew her, and a very special lady. We miss you Her home away from home is the Grand. Here's a pic at the GF Café from last November I sent to her to show our fabulous view...we texted back and forth our whole stay...it was as if she was with us the whole time
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #1999
dad2bkcs
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 41

The room pictures are great. Deluxe vs. standard. I am amazed how wonderful the help is on this site. Thanks!
dad2bkcs is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #2000
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Hello Mickeynut... my Christmas was nice, but a little dark cloud hanging over it was my mom's continuing decline due to dementia.. The family had to split up and eat at two different houses due to it, and that was a first. I am, however, blessed to still have her.
Glad you had a nice Christmas. I'm so sorry about your mom .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGiraffe View Post
Hello everyone

I posted a couple of months ago, asking about a one night stay, and mentioning that I was getting an error message when I tried to book it online.

I decided to leave it until around Easter, when all other parts of the holiday were paid off, and then book it over the phone.

Well, I was looking again today, putting in the dates and seeing what would happen, and it worked!! No error message! It was also cheaper, too. £354 for an MK view, rather than the original £404 for a standard view!! And I only had to pay a £200 deposit, too!

Soooooo excited, can't wait!!
Glad everything worked out this time and you were able to book what you wanted .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Just wanted to pay a tribute on the GF thread to our beloved JungleCruiser who we lost 1 year ago today. She was a dear friend to all who knew her, and a very special lady. We miss you Her home away from home is the Grand. Here's a pic at the GF Café from last November I sent to her to show our fabulous view...we texted back and forth our whole stay...it was as if she was with us the whole time


Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bkcs View Post
The room pictures are great. Deluxe vs. standard. I am amazed how wonderful the help is on this site. Thanks!
Glad the pics were helpful .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #2001
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran
 
grannyminnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,768

Pas130, hugs to you, and all who knew Sarah. I remember reading about her passing and could tell she was loved by many.
__________________
I'd live in the Castle if I could!



grannyminnie is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #2002
BC1836
DIS Veteran
 
BC1836's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Jersey Shore
Posts: 2,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Pas130, hugs to you, and all who knew Sarah. I remember reading about her passing and could tell she was loved by many.
How very thoughtful.

We first crossed paths with Sarah in 1998, and we are better for knowing her.

All the best.
__________________
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
BC1836 is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #2003
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,340

mickeynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Pas130, hugs to you, and all who knew Sarah. I remember reading about her passing and could tell she was loved by many.
Thank you! Her kind spirit touched everyone she met. And I know she has many friends here still missing her

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
How very thoughtful.

We first crossed paths with Sarah in 1998, and we are better for knowing her.

All the best.
Perfectly put
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 07:09 AM   #2004
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran
 
grannyminnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,768

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
mickeynut

Thank you! Her kind spirit touched everyone she met. And I know she has many friends here still missing her

Perfectly put
Well, based on your comments, you both seem to possess such a spirit .
__________________
I'd live in the Castle if I could!



grannyminnie is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #2005
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,333

Hope all my Grand friends had a wonderful holiday.:

pas, thanks for the reminder and tribute to our dear Sarah. I can't believe it is a year since we lost her, I miss sharing her thoughts here on the FAQ and elsewhere. What a loss for all who were lucky enough to know her.

grannyminnie - so sorry about your mom. My dad suffered in a similar way prior to his passing, it was so hard - mostly for him. My thoughts are with you and your family, so glad you can at least appreciate the gift of having her with you while you can.
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 12-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #2006
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran
 
grannyminnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,768

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Hope all my Grand friends had a wonderful holiday.:

pas, thanks for the reminder and tribute to our dear Sarah. I can't believe it is a year since we lost her, I miss sharing her thoughts here on the FAQ and elsewhere. What a loss for all who were lucky enough to know her.

grannyminnie - so sorry about your mom. My dad suffered in a similar way prior to his passing, it was so hard - mostly for him. My thoughts are with you and your family, so glad you can at least appreciate the gift of having her with you while you can.
Thank you, k&a&c'smom..it is indeed a hard time, but we are trying to make the best of it, and visit whenever possible. In the meantime, Disney is always our sweet respite. We try to visit THERE as much as possible too.. Tho, of course, cost prohibits as many visits as we would really like! lol
__________________
I'd live in the Castle if I could!



grannyminnie is offline  
Old 12-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #2007
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,064

Rescuing us from page 2!!!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and if I don't have a chance to hop on here before tomorrow....

__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 12-31-2013, 08:42 AM   #2008
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran
 
KonaKaiTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 771

Happy New Year my Grand friends. 30 days until I'm home again, home again jiggity jig!

Tom
__________________
CSR 1997, Dolphin 1997, Swan 1998, FW 2000, BC 2001, YC 2002, POR 2012, GF 2012, OKW 2012, WL 2013, CBR 2013, GF 2014, YC 2014, FW 2015, GF 2015
KonaKaiTom is offline  
Old 12-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #2009
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,564

Arriving on Feb 2nd, counting the minutes
arcticdisneylovers is offline  
Old 12-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #2010
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran
 
Candy Orlando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 578

Happy New Year to my Grand friends!!! We will be having a bad snow storm this Thur. into Fri. But I'll be back at the Grand in 15 days to get away from this cold weather for another week. Enjoy tonight!!!
__________________
Candy Orlando is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: