Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #1996
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Hello Mickeynut... my Christmas was nice, but a little dark cloud hanging over it was my mom's continuing decline due to dementia.. The family had to split up and eat at two different houses due to it, and that was a first. I am, however, blessed to still have her.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #1997
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone

I posted a couple of months ago, asking about a one night stay, and mentioning that I was getting an error message when I tried to book it online.

I decided to leave it until around Easter, when all other parts of the holiday were paid off, and then book it over the phone.

Well, I was looking again today, putting in the dates and seeing what would happen, and it worked!! No error message! It was also cheaper, too. £354 for an MK view, rather than the original £404 for a standard view!! And I only had to pay a £200 deposit, too!

Soooooo excited, can't wait!!
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #1998
pas130
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to pay a tribute on the GF thread to our beloved JungleCruiser who we lost 1 year ago today. She was a dear friend to all who knew her, and a very special lady. We miss you Her home away from home is the Grand. Here's a pic at the GF Café from last November I sent to her to show our fabulous view...we texted back and forth our whole stay...it was as if she was with us the whole time
Old 12-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #1999
dad2bkcs
Earning My Ears

The room pictures are great. Deluxe vs. standard. I am amazed how wonderful the help is on this site. Thanks!
Old 12-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #2000
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Hello Mickeynut... my Christmas was nice, but a little dark cloud hanging over it was my mom's continuing decline due to dementia.. The family had to split up and eat at two different houses due to it, and that was a first. I am, however, blessed to still have her.
Glad you had a nice Christmas. I'm so sorry about your mom .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGiraffe View Post
Hello everyone

I posted a couple of months ago, asking about a one night stay, and mentioning that I was getting an error message when I tried to book it online.

I decided to leave it until around Easter, when all other parts of the holiday were paid off, and then book it over the phone.

Well, I was looking again today, putting in the dates and seeing what would happen, and it worked!! No error message! It was also cheaper, too. £354 for an MK view, rather than the original £404 for a standard view!! And I only had to pay a £200 deposit, too!

Soooooo excited, can't wait!!
Glad everything worked out this time and you were able to book what you wanted .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Just wanted to pay a tribute on the GF thread to our beloved JungleCruiser who we lost 1 year ago today. She was a dear friend to all who knew her, and a very special lady. We miss you Her home away from home is the Grand. Here's a pic at the GF Café from last November I sent to her to show our fabulous view...we texted back and forth our whole stay...it was as if she was with us the whole time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bkcs View Post
The room pictures are great. Deluxe vs. standard. I am amazed how wonderful the help is on this site. Thanks!
Glad the pics were helpful .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 12-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #2001
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Pas130, hugs to you, and all who knew Sarah. I remember reading about her passing and could tell she was loved by many.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #2002
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pas130, hugs to you, and all who knew Sarah. I remember reading about her passing and could tell she was loved by many.
How very thoughtful.

We first crossed paths with Sarah in 1998, and we are better for knowing her.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
Old 12-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #2003
pas130
DIS Veteran

mickeynut

Quote:
Thank you! Her kind spirit touched everyone she met. And I know she has many friends here still missing her

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
How very thoughtful.

We first crossed paths with Sarah in 1998, and we are better for knowing her.

All the best.
Perfectly put
Old 12-29-2013, 07:09 AM   #2004
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
mickeynut

Thank you! Her kind spirit touched everyone she met. And I know she has many friends here still missing her

Perfectly put
Well, based on your comments, you both seem to possess such a spirit .

Old 12-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #2005
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Hope all my Grand friends had a wonderful holiday.:

pas, thanks for the reminder and tribute to our dear Sarah. I can't believe it is a year since we lost her, I miss sharing her thoughts here on the FAQ and elsewhere. What a loss for all who were lucky enough to know her.

grannyminnie - so sorry about your mom. My dad suffered in a similar way prior to his passing, it was so hard - mostly for him. My thoughts are with you and your family, so glad you can at least appreciate the gift of having her with you while you can.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 12-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #2006
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Hope all my Grand friends had a wonderful holiday.:

pas, thanks for the reminder and tribute to our dear Sarah. I can't believe it is a year since we lost her, I miss sharing her thoughts here on the FAQ and elsewhere. What a loss for all who were lucky enough to know her.

grannyminnie - so sorry about your mom. My dad suffered in a similar way prior to his passing, it was so hard - mostly for him. My thoughts are with you and your family, so glad you can at least appreciate the gift of having her with you while you can.
Thank you, k&a&c'smom..it is indeed a hard time, but we are trying to make the best of it, and visit whenever possible. In the meantime, Disney is always our sweet respite. We try to visit THERE as much as possible too.. Tho, of course, cost prohibits as many visits as we would really like! lol

Old 12-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #2007
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Rescuing us from page 2!!!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and if I don't have a chance to hop on here before tomorrow....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-31-2013, 08:42 AM   #2008
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year my Grand friends. 30 days until I'm home again, home again jiggity jig!

Tom
Old 12-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #2009
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

Arriving on Feb 2nd, counting the minutes
Old 12-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #2010
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year to my Grand friends!!! We will be having a bad snow storm this Thur. into Fri. But I'll be back at the Grand in 15 days to get away from this cold weather for another week. Enjoy tonight!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: