Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #3166
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieuxmew View Post
My husband and I are doing to WDW for the Princess Half Marathon weekend (Feb 22/23). I have a choice between a King room and a Preferred King room (which for some reason the preferred room is slightly cheaper). Which do you recommend? Does anyone know which bus stop is used for the marathon busses? Anyone have any room request suggestions? Are the pools heated? Thanks!
My sisters and I stayed at CSR for the PHM this past Feb and it was a great choice. It's one of my faves anyway, but CSR hosted the Expo this year (I think there was a conflict at WWOS) and it was nice that we were able to park at CSR while everyone else had to bus in from other locations.

Anyway, we were in Cabanas (my favorite section) but to do it again, I'd go with Preferred because quite a few buses passed us by at the Cabanas stop on the morning of the race -- they filled up at the Casitas and Ranchos stops before they got to us. It wasn't a big deal to us because we were walking the race and were in the last corral anyway, but of course we did make it with plenty of time to spare. I would pay for the Preferred room so you would get Casitas 1, 2 or 3, and be able to use that first bus stop. Other than that, I wouldn't have any particular requests. Yes, the pools are heated. It was quite warm for the race this year and lots of people were in the pools.

Hope you enjoy the race - it was a fun experience!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 12-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #3167
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Hey Guys,

We stayed at CSR in October and really liked the resort. We are thinking of heading back to the resort with my parents for 3 nights at the end of March. We want to stay Business Class again. We really enjoyed the business class room last time and really loved Coconino Cove Lounge.

I noticed on the Convention List that there will be a convention going on when we are there (there was not one last time). I checked the company's website and they said they have a block of rooms put aside for their employees to book. Does anyone know if Disney sets aside a block of rooms in a particular part of the resort or is it random? I am just wondering if the resort will be super crowded now that there will be a convention. I personally don't care but if the lounge is super crowded my elderly mom and dad will be a bit overwhelmed.

Anyone have experience with Coconino Lounge when a convention is going on? Thanks.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #3168
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Hey Guys,

I noticed on the Convention List that there will be a convention going on when we are there (there was not one last time). I checked the company's website and they said they have a block of rooms put aside for their employees to book. Does anyone know if Disney sets aside a block of rooms in a particular part of the resort or is it random? I am just wondering if the resort will be super crowded now that there will be a convention. I personally don't care but if the lounge is super crowded my elderly mom and dad will be a bit overwhelmed.

Anyone have experience with Coconino Lounge when a convention is going on? Thanks.

MJ
It depends on the convention. Some conventions are spread throughout the resort due to size, while other attendees are concentrated in the casitas area for easy access to the convention center.

A convention would specifically have to block business class rooms to affect the lounge. It is probably more likely for them to block standard rooms and maybe a suite or two. Also, some conventions supply a light breakfast and/or afternoon snacks for its attendees, so conventioneers would be less likely to book business class.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #3169
MouseOfGold
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Hey Guys,

We stayed at CSR in October and really liked the resort. We are thinking of heading back to the resort with my parents for 3 nights at the end of March. We want to stay Business Class again. We really enjoyed the business class room last time and really loved Coconino Cove Lounge.

MJ
I just stayed at CSR a couple weeks ago when the Pop Century Cheer competition was going on and then the Kids National Scholastic Chess convention began. I would see the kids and their families around but I would not say it was super crowded to the point it bothered me. The Pepper's Market would get busy around dinner time but since it sounds like a business convention will be there when your there I doubt it should interfere with your stay. Enjoy your trip!

12/'14 AoA LM, AoA Cars Suite, AKL CL, 12/'13 CSR, 1/'12 Off Site, 10/'07 Off Site, 12/'96 BC, 12/'87 The Disney Inn-my 1st WDW trip when the magic hit me
Old 12-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #3170
blackmamba10000
Mouseketeer

This will be my first time staying at Coronado Springs!!! I'm super excited!! Usually we stay at Pop Century or the Polynesian! I'd love to hear everyone's favorite things about this resort. I've already read through several pages of this thread, but would appreciate any other knowledge you'd love to spare!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #3171
blackmamba10000
Mouseketeer

We booked a preferred room. Was this a good choice?
Old 12-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #3172
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba10000 View Post
If we stay at Coronado again, we will only book preferred.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #3173
blackmamba10000
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the reply Nechville! Do you like staying at Coronado? It's our first time, usually we stay at Pop Century or the Polynesian, so I am a little nervous about the change! It looks beautiful though!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:52 AM   #3174
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba10000 View Post
Thanks for the reply Nechville! Do you like staying at Coronado? It's our first time, usually we stay at Pop Century or the Polynesian, so I am a little nervous about the change! It looks beautiful though!
We have only stayed once so I am no where near the expert on Coronado. For us, with two small kids and a stroller, being in Casitas so we are the first bus stop is important. We want to be able to sit. And the resort is huge. We were Casitas 5, which was too far to go to El Centro to refill our mugs at night. So my husband ended up buying soda from the vending machines. We used the pool once, and for that time having to walk a ways was fine by us. I also do laundry once when we are there and laundry is in Casitas.
I know some people love the look of Cabanas or the business class features, but for my family a preferred room would be best.
As far as the resort itself, it was fine. We like the queen size beds so have never stayed value. Kids loved the pool. It was pretty, if you take the time to walk the mile loop.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:32 PM   #3175
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
We have only stayed once so I am no where near the expert on Coronado. For us, with two small kids and a stroller, being in Casitas so we are the first bus stop is important. We want to be able to sit. And the resort is huge. We were Casitas 5, which was too far to go to El Centro to refill our mugs at night. So my husband ended up buying soda from the vending machines. We used the pool once, and for that time having to walk a ways was fine by us. I also do laundry once when we are there and laundry is in Casitas.
I know some people love the look of Cabanas or the business class features, but for my family a preferred room would be best.
As far as the resort itself, it was fine. We like the queen size beds so have never stayed value. Kids loved the pool. It was pretty, if you take the time to walk the mile loop.
There is also a laundry at the quiet pool area in Cabanas!

Old 12-31-2013, 09:22 PM   #3176
troll buster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba10000
It is beautiful! We usually stay at POR but decided to try something different. We loved it! We found our new home.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #3177
troll buster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba10000
Preferred is nice! You are close to El Centro. Longer walk to pool but not bad.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:28 PM   #3178
FancyNancy
Princess

Checking back in. Our trip keeps getting closer and closer! We will be at Coronado 1/25 and I am so excited We booked a business class room in Cabanas 9B because they are close to El Centro and the Dig Site and you get access to Coconino Cove the business class lounge! It's -5 tonight so the 25th and some warmer weather can't get here soon enough.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #3179
FancyNancy
Princess

Please don't flame me but am I the only one who gets a message in my inbox directing me to Buzz's site each and every time I post in here? I've been to his site and I love it but I don't need a PM directing me to it each and every time I post.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #3180
amfie928
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy
Checking back in. Our trip keeps getting closer and closer! We will be at Coronado 1/25 and I am so excited We booked a business class room in Cabanas 9B because they are close to El Centro and the Dig Site and you get access to Coconino Cove the business class lounge! It's -5 tonight so the 25th and some warmer weather can't get here soon enough.
Enjoy business class...it was great! There was a cm in the lounge that was fantastic...I am so bad but wish I remembered her name. Very friendly though! The sangrias were yummy! Wish I had a chance to take more advantage. We were there mostly for breakfast.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: