Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #3316
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great pictures from Carsland and the GCH. I never noticed the tree topper there and we were just there.

First day back to work from vacation. It was nice to see your posts to get a little Disney Christmas.

TK
tksbaskets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #3317
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great pictures from Carsland and the GCH. I never noticed the tree topper there and we were just there.

First day back to work from vacation. It was nice to see your posts to get a little Disney Christmas.

TK
Thank you TK. The tree toppers are very nice to see when i look at a Christmas tree.

I'm glad that you and your family got back safely and that you had an amazing time during your trip. I got to read your updated posts on the Christmas Superthread and excited that you got to do a lot during your trip. I knew every time you and your family were in DCA that you would ride TSMM every time you had the chance.

The next post will be up shortly.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #3318
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė November 23rd, 2013 Ė Part 9

Day 2 Ė November 23rd, 2013 Ė Part 9

When my DA and I were finished looking around the GCH at all the different Holiday decorations, we head on out and into Downtown Disney. We head on over to the World of Disney store to look for the Mickey Macadamia Nut Clusters. We may get lucky for we havenít had much luck at DL or any of the other stores so maybe this time we would get lucky.

My DA wanted to look at some of the stuff that the WoD had so she can buy for the family and work colleagues. She doesnít do a lot of shopping like me when we are at the DLR during our trips but she wanted to get something unique at the store.

When we were in the WoD store, we went straight to the candy area where all the treats are located. When we looked for the Macadamia Nut Clusters, they didnít have it and we asked the CMís about it and told us that we should check out the Marcelineís Confectionary store in DTD. I was surprised that the WoD didnít have the Macadamia Nut Clusters and the Marcelineís Confectionary store is the last place to look for it in DTD unless DCA Candy Palace had it along with Poohís Corner in DL.

After looking around for the macadamia nut clusters, we both browsed around the WoD store to look at what kind of interesting stuff they had that we had to buy.

There were a lot of ďFrozenĒ merchandise in the toy section to promote the new movie. Sven and Olaf stuff toys.

There wasnít too much of the Christmas merchandise in the toy section so we head on over to the other side of the WoD store which had the cloths and Christmas merchandise. So it was time to look around for any interesting Christmas merchandise and trees.

There was a lot of choices of Christmas merchandise from toys, ornaments, clothing, candy, Mickey Santa hat, etc.

Eeyore with his Christmas hat

I really like the Mickey Santa Hat with the Mickey gloves with it.

There was a lot of choices to buy at the WoD store which I wanted a few items. But we didnít have time to buy them that day since we were going to be in the park for most of the day. Mostly, I take a break during the mid afternoon but we had something very special to do that day in the afternoon where we didnít have time to go back and rest up.

My DA had some trouble of what to buy in the WoD store, but she did got an idea of what to get later on during the trip for Christmas presents. I on the other hand wanted to buy something later during the trip that I had to reframe myself from buying it right now which doesnít happen too often.

So we left the WoD store and were back in DTD to head on over to see more Christmas decorations. So stay tune for the next update.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #3319
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I'm sitting here salivating at the Christmas merchandise. I'm sure that's a very bad thing to do.

Thanks for sharing.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:33 AM   #3320
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

It won't be too long until my upcoming trip to DL on December 26th to the 29th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I'm sitting here salivating at the Christmas merchandise. I'm sure that's a very bad thing to do.

Thanks for sharing.
Looking at all the Christmas merchandise can be intimidating where I want this and that.

Thank you PiO.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:35 AM   #3321
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė November 23rd, 2013 Ė Part 10

Day 2 Ė November 23rd, 2013 Ė Part 10

Just when we finished looking around the World of Disney store, we started to walk down in Downtown Disney to look at some of the other Christmas decorations. It is so nice to walk down DTD and look at all the different Christmas decorations. Since we had some downtime that afternoon when DGM, DM and DD2 are taking a nap in their room at the GCH, my DA and I went around DTD to look at the decorations.

When we were walking in DTD, we stopped at the Marcelineís Confectionery store to see if they had the Mickey macadamia nut clusters which is the store that the CMís that recommend that we check out to see if they had it or not. I was bummed that most of the stores at the DLR didnít have the Mickey macadamia nut clusters in the store which I checked online before the trip that they did have it in stock. Maybe since it was during the holiday season, they took it out of the inventory to make way for the Christmas treats instead. I had a feeling that was the main reason they didnít have the macadamia nut clusters. But in any case, I was still determine to find it until I went to every main treat store at the DLR to find it.

Over at the Marcelineís Confectionery store, we walked in and got in line to ask the CMís if they do have the Mickey macadamia nut clusters. Just like everywhere else, they told us that they donít have any in stock. We asked if they are going to have any during our time and told us that they havenít made macadamia nut cluster for a while. It was sad that they didnítí have them and if they donít have them, then the whole resort is not selling them. It tough not to find an item that it is popular during the regular season and isnít available during my trip.

I was still able to get some pictures inside the store when we were waiting in-line.

Another Christmas tree for the tree quest.

Those are nice salt and pepper shakers of Mickey and Minnie

Just like the other stores that they are selling exclusive Christmas treats

I got one of those Tigger tails treats that looks like a Christmas tree. I have never got a Tigger tail and it was nice. I have read from other DISer TRís that everyone really likes and it was very nice. I shared it with my DA.

We left the store and I had to look through the window of the Marcelineís Confectionery to see all Candy apples that the CMís were working on. They are really are amazing to look at.

We walked down DTD to look at all the different stores that had Christmas decorations.

The next store that we walked in was the WonderGround Gallery store which had the latest inspired Disney art work. I have bought art work at the store in the past and they are always neat to look at. They were also decorated during the Christmas season with white trees right next to the entrance.

When we left the store, we were close to the AMC Movie Theatre and there were a lot of ďFrozenĒ banners to promote the new movie that will debut in a few days during our visit which is on Thanksgiving Day.

Just right by the AMC Movie Theatre, there was a sled and Christmas trees which is a meet & greet area for Santa which is neat.

We were now entering the Disney Winter Village which started last year in Downtown Disney as a Holiday theme area. This year is a little bit different from last year where it is better theme with shops and Olafís Frozen Ice Rink.

This time the theme it is way better than last year where there were actual store shacks to buy Christmas merchandise. Last year, there were some areas that sold merchandise like the crate types and the theming was not that great.

It was so nice to see a Christmas tree in Downtown Disney where last year it wasnít up since the ice rink took the spot. This year, they put the tree in the center of the rice rink which is a perfect place to put it. This yearís ice rink doesnít have a roof like last yearís but I do like it without the roof and the string of lights make it nice to ice skate at night.

Olafís Frozen Ice Rink sign with Olaf in the background.

There were a lot of interesting shacks that sold Christmas merchandise.

Olafís Frozen Ice Rink wasnít opened during my visit.

We went around the other side of Olafís Frozen Ice Rink to see the decorations.

Right at the ESPN Zone which is my favorite restaurant as well as my DA and it was neat to see that the ESPN Zone is getting into the Christmas season with a sport Christmas wreath.

After looking around the Winter Village in DTD and we had some time to kill until we head on back to DL, we went on over to the Disneyland Hotel. It has been a long time since I have been to the DLH and see the Christmas decorations.

So we head on over to the DLH to see the decorations. That will be on the next update on my trip report.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:29 AM   #3322
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I loved the Christmas marshmallow. We got them on the holiday tour, and they were quite good. I have to say that I also finally tried a Tigger tail for the first time last trip. It was beyond good. Because if is a little sweet, I probably would not get it every time whereas the Christmas one was a little minty, thus not overly sweet.

I have been talking to Crap about missing Olaf's Ice Rink and the lighting of the castle and IASW. He agrees we need to see it, so we are taking a quick trip down there on 01/04/14. We are only staying one night) looks like the APs have been a great investment).

I love all of the Christmas stuff. Hopefully, there is still a good selection when we get there. I need a new tree topper. Our Minnie keeps falling down. She breaks her nose half the time she falls too. I never really cared for the color of her dress anyway, so I am hoping to find one that suits our theme better.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #3323
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I loved the Christmas marshmallow. We got them on the holiday tour, and they were quite good. I have to say that I also finally tried a Tigger tail for the first time last trip. It was beyond good. Because if is a little sweet, I probably would not get it every time whereas the Christmas one was a little minty, thus not overly sweet.

I have been talking to Crap about missing Olaf's Ice Rink and the lighting of the castle and IASW. He agrees we need to see it, so we are taking a quick trip down there on 01/04/14. We are only staying one night) looks like the APs have been a great investment).

I love all of the Christmas stuff. Hopefully, there is still a good selection when we get there. I need a new tree topper. Our Minnie keeps falling down. She breaks her nose half the time she falls too. I never really cared for the color of her dress anyway, so I am hoping to find one that suits our theme better.
That was nice to hear that you had the Christmas marshmallow during your holiday tour. It was my first time having a Tigger tail during this trip in which the treats finally got to me and I wanted to try one. And it was good. I had to get that since the DLR didn't have the Peppermint Ice Cream which was a disappointment that the DLR didn't get the tub size from Dreyer's Ice Cream company for the Peppermint. This was a disappointment that the DLR didn't get the Peppermint Ice Cream.

That is awesome news to hear that you will be making a quick trip back to the DLR in early January. You will have fun seeing Olaf's Frozen Ice Rink, Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle lighting and IASWH clock show which are things you got to do when you are the DLR during the Holiday season. That's what great about having AP's so you can make quick trips. You have a shorter drive then me where I have to drive 7 hours where you are close to 4 hours which is not a long drive. You and your family have a great quick trip. I can't wait to leave in a couple of days to my trip back to DL during the Holiday season and the massive crowds.

Hope you are able to find a new tree topper when you go back to the DLR.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #3324
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė November 23rd, 2013 Ė Part 11

Day 2 Ė November 23rd, 2013 Ė Part 11

When we left Downtown Disney after looking around Disney Winter Village, my DA and I head on over to the Disneyland Hotel. It has been a long time since I have been to the DLH during the holiday season. After seeing the Christmas decorations at the Grand California Hotel lobby, it would be nice to look around the DLH to see if there are any.

We walked around and head in the direction towards the Fantasyland Tower at the DLH. Since the Fantasia shop which is where we went, it was a good opportunity to look at some of the Christmas decorations inside the store and maybe some decorations inside the lobby area.

Christmas tree inside the Fantasia shop

We walked by the Fantasia shop so we can look at Goofyís Kitchen and then we head on over to the Fantasia shop.

First, we didnít go inside the Fantasia shop but we did go the side entrance into the Fantasyland tower. When e got in, there were a lot of Christmas decorations. In one area of the tower was a meet & greet area on the side with a sled and a lot of Christmas decorations.

After seeing the meet & greet area, we were right by the Fantasia shop and there were Christmas trees right by the entrance. We saw something very interesting next to the lobby entrance.

There is another Christmas tree in the lobby area.

When you enter the lobby of the Fantasyland Theater is a giant gingerbread castle of Sleeping Beauty with Mickey and Minnie gingerbread. That is one of the coolest Christmas decorations I have seen at the DLR this year during the holiday season in which it really looks like Sleeping Beauty Castle. It wasnít actual gingerbread but a display that looks like gingerbread.

After looking around at the lobby of the DLH, my DA and I head on over to the Fantasia shop in the Fantasyland Tower to find any interesting merchandise. Most of the merchandise were the same as the World of Disney store and we actually bought some items when we were at the store since the CMís helped us a lot. I bought a few Disneyland Christmas pins when we were at the store along with my DA.

Then, we started to leave the DLH and we head on back to Downtown Disney. Since our special activity was going to happen in a few hours, it was time that we head on back to DL and get there on time.

When we were in Downtown Disney and heading on back to DL, it was easier to take the Disneyland Monorail while we were in the area since it would be a faster way to get to the park. So we head on over to the Downtown Disney station to ride the Disneyland Monorail.

We were now in the DTD Monorail station waiting to go on my favorite ride at the DLR. I havenít rode the Monorail the last two trips since June with the D23 Expo in August and the DISMeet with PiO & franandaj. So this time, I was determine to go on it before we left during the trip.

We didnít wait too long until Monorail Mark VII Orange approached the station.

Just when they were letting the guests waiting to get on the monorail, we asked if we can sit in the back and they told us that they arenít allowing anyone to ride in the back. I was so surprised that the CMís were not letting anyone ride in the back. For most of the trip when I was looking at the Monorails and at the back, I didnít see anyone rode in the back. I was wondering why the CMís arenít allowing anyone to ride in the back. So we had to ride in the 5th car of Monorail VII Orange. I will always enjoy riding the monorail from any car or view.

Now we are on our way back to DL that afternoon. Here are some pictures from the DTD Monorail station to the Tomorrowland Monorail station.

The Ward Kimball Engine #5 with the Excursion car set was heading towards the Tomorrowland station.

Back at Tomorrowland

When we got off the DLRR, we head on over towards the Tomorrowland Railroad station to ride the Disneyland Railroad. That was another ride that I didnít go on during the last trip in September and it was nice to go on it that day before we had our special activity that day.

Walking down the stairs and we can see the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage Lagoon along with Matterhorn Mountain.

We walked on over to the Tomorrowland Railroad station to ride the DLRR. The DLRR is one of my favorite rides at the DLR along with the monorail.

It only took 5 minutes to wait for the train to come and the one that approached the station was the Ernest S. Marsh Engine #4 with Holiday 2 car set which is the cattle car set and the caboose. I havenít seen the Ernest S. Marsh for quite some time since I have seen the other four engines on the track during this year. So it was nice to ride the train had the Ernest S. Marsh.

We are now riding the DLRR and about to enter the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas. Thatís why I love the DLRR over the one in the MK where it has the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas.

That will be it for this post and I will have more from the Disneyland Railroad.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:37 AM   #3325
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė November 23rd, 2013 Ė Part 12

Day 2 Ė November 23rd, 2013 Ė Part 12

We were now riding the Disneyland Railroad to the Main Street station. But first, we went through the tunnel going through the Grand Canyon and Primeval World diorama. It is so nice to go through the diorama when riding the DLRR.

Grand Canyon diorama with the animals.

Now the Primeval World diorama with the dinosaurs. Some of the photos were not that good since I didnít set the settings right on the camera.

We were now out of the tunnel and heading towards the Main Street station. We decided not to get off at Main Street since our destination was to get off at the New Orleans station.

The train stayed for about 5 minutes and we are on our way to New Orleans station as our next stop.

We rode the train towards the NOS station which is our stop. While we were in the area and waited until it was time for our special activity, we walked around NOS to get any pictures of the Christmas decorations from the Mardi Gras masks, Christmas trees, garlands, wreaths, etc. It was neat to go around NOS to look at the decoration during the holiday season.

I went around looking at the Mardi Gras masks on the poles around NOS. It felt that the Mardi Gras masks around NOS have been cut down this year where there were certain areas around NOS that didnít have the masks from the past years.

Even the second level of the buildings of NOS are decorated very nicely.

The balcony of the Dream Suites

Another look at the giant gold Mardi Gras masks above the alley of NOS which used to be a Christmas wreath. The string of lights were still up again which is up these last couple of years.

We walked down the alley of NOS to look for all the different Christmas decorations.

Wreath right by Cafť Orleans restaurant

When we were right by the entrance to the Court of Angels, it was all closed off as it is now being converted as the new Club 33 entrance. I was so sad to hear that the Court of Angels is going to be the new entrance to Club 33. I was lucky to be able to see the Court of Angels during the September trip.

Another Mardi Gras masks in the alley of NOS

It is almost time for our special event during our holiday trip. This was going to be the highlight of the trip over the holiday season in which this will be our first time doing and we were both excited. This is one of the things that I have never done at the DLR even through all the years that we have been going. So this was a real treat.

You will find out on the next post which is my favorite during the whole trip report.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:50 AM   #3326
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I liked the decorations at DLH too. We visited Santa our first night there. Hopefully, there is some proof as I cannot find the PhotoPass card.

Xander likes to ride the monorail, so he made us do it in October. We have not ridden the DLRR in a long time. You're making me want to visit it soon.

Thanks. I am really looking forward to our trip.

I am excited for your trip tomorrow. Have a great time.

Way to leave us in suspense! Cannot wait to read about your surprise.

I wrote more but the system timed out and erased my message. Good night.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #3327
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Wow! I was so far behind, it took me forever to get caught up. I'm glad you're at DL now because it gave me some time to catch up on your posts.

It's too bad you DA didn't care for the Minnie's breakfast, it sounded great to me and the characters were awesome! I hope that someday we can relax and just enjoy going out to the park and not having so much going on that we hardly use our APs! I would love to stroll around like you do taking in all the sights and sounds and noticing the decorations. We are usually on such a time frame that I have to hurry here and there and don't get to enjoy the park as much as I would like!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #3328
PrincessInOz
in

I seem to have missed a couple of updates as well!

Loving all the Christmas decorations and trees. Great pictures.
Looking forward to the next update.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 12-28-2013, 02:26 AM   #3329
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Thank you Kim, Alison and PiO. I'll get back to your posts later on when I get back or when I have time during the trip. I got back and about to go to bed but I will do a quick update for today along with some pictures from these first two days.

Just got back from DCA today and boy it was crowded today. The weather was nice which was in the high 70s and high 40s tonight. We were able to go on RSR today thanks to the FP or we would have to wait for 2+ hours through the standby queue. The wait times on average for the big rides were in the 40-60 minute wait time. We got to see World of Color Winter Dreams and see Aladdin the Musical. The only rides that we went on all day today was RSR, the Little Mermaid ride, MFWoD and Luigi's Flying Tires. We got to have breakfast at Ariel's Grotto and the food was nice. We ate at Tony Roma's offsite. But we did spent a lot of time going around the stores at DCA.

This was from Thursday when we got to the DLR and heading into DL that night looked crowded.

DL this morning just before 8am.

World of Color Winter Dreams from tonight during the 8:45pm show

Breakfast from Ariel's Grotto

A new treat that I didn't see last month

Tortilla Jo's from last night which we had dinner

I will write more and show more pictures from the trip.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:33 AM   #3330
PrincessInOz
in

Nice picture of Olaf!

That treat looks great. Is that M&Ms with apple? YUM!
Nice looking food from Ariel's.

Enjoy your day tomorrow.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: