Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #361
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Finally booked! February 3rd-7 for our 2 year anniversary

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Old 12-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #362
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas

Wilderness Lodge Family!!!!

We had our very own Old Faithful Club mini breakfast this morning

Christmas Blessings!!!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #363
DisneyGal24
Always dreaming of Disney!

Can anyone tell me about the fountain drink options at Roaring Forks? DH was wanting to know if Powerade was an option. Thanks!
Old 12-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #364
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Merry Christmas! We've been blessed with the most wonderful Christmas here at the Old Faithful Club. We've been busy from morning till night - but it's a good busy! Today we went horseback riding, had lunch at Trail's End (never disappoints) and dinner at CA Grill (disappointing). The EWP is starting now! Here are some photos from today:

A few from the OFC:

Tonight's cobbler is strawberry-peach. A CM saw me taking a photo and offered to get a new one so it would look better for the photo. I thought this was so nice of her, but told her that it looks enjoyed this way:

Old 12-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #365
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Oh Kook, to think I was looking at those decorations with my very own eyes not even 4 days ago!! And you know what? It seems like it was months ago. We got home and in to the Christmas festivities and Disney melted away.. We had such a nice time and were so lucky to be at the lodge over the holidays.. it just goes too fast. My favourite trip memory is laying on a beach lounger with my ds 9 and watching the EWP with the MVMCP fireworks going off at the same time. My ds 9 is in that wonderful (and sometimes completely exasperating) chatty phase and he talked my ear off. I remember thinking "Don't forget this moment Pigletto. At the lodge, snuggling with your little boy while he chatters excitedly about everything under the sun". If that had been the only bright spot in that whole trip it would have been worth every penny we spent. It wasn't though. It was all just lovely.
Merry Christmas to you and all of the lodgers!!!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #366
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGal24 View Post
Can anyone tell me about the fountain drink options at Roaring Forks? DH was wanting to know if Powerade was an option. Thanks!
I can say for certain there was blue powerade in the fountain drinks (and now that I am saying that I am doubting myself) but I am pretty sure both my kids got it several times last week.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #367
karasmom
Mouseketeer

5 more days (cause really, today is over lol)
I can't wait.

Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas!!!

09/20/14 - 09/25/14 5 nights at BC & CR
12/31/13 - 01/05/14 5 nights at WL
12/21/11 - 12/26/11 5 nights at CBR

Old 12-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #368
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Thank you all for your sweet comments about our magical upgrade to CL. We have been blessed with such a memorable and perfect Christmas present. If you haven't been able to yet, I hope that each and every one of you someday experience WL/VWL at Christmas and the OFC...anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Merry Christmas

Wilderness Lodge Family!!!!

We had our very own Old Faithful Club mini breakfast this morning

Christmas Blessings!!!
That is just too cute! I love it! Merry Christmas to you and yours. I know you made their breakfast extra special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Oh Kook, to think I was looking at those decorations with my very own eyes not even 4 days ago!! And you know what? It seems like it was months ago. We got home and in to the Christmas festivities and Disney melted away.. We had such a nice time and were so lucky to be at the lodge over the holidays.. it just goes too fast. My favourite trip memory is laying on a beach lounger with my ds 9 and watching the EWP with the MVMCP fireworks going off at the same time. My ds 9 is in that wonderful (and sometimes completely exasperating) chatty phase and he talked my ear off. I remember thinking "Don't forget this moment Pigletto. At the lodge, snuggling with your little boy while he chatters excitedly about everything under the sun". If that had been the only bright spot in that whole trip it would have been worth every penny we spent. It wasn't though. It was all just lovely.
How sweet! The little things mean so much and those special moments are even more special at WL!

Quote:
I can say for certain there was blue powerade in the fountain drinks (and now that I am saying that I am doubting myself) but I am pretty sure both my kids got it several times last week.
You're correct (DD verified it), there is blue Powerade. DisneyGal, I'll take some new photos of RF and post next month.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #369
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your moment with your DS will stay in your heart forever. Enjoy your special gift.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 12-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #370
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great memories.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 12-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #371
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Posting just so I can see our ticker.

We finally unveiled the surprise to the kids yesterday (Christmas) that we are going on a 3-night Disney Dream cruise prior to our 7- night WL stay. We did a scavenger hunt and it was so much fun!

In one week we depart on our cruise, and in 10 days we'll be at WL. hoping the weather stays warm.

Thanks to everyone who has kindly posted in this thread and made planning so easy and fun.

happy holidays!

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
Old 12-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #372
fauntleroy53
If It Weren't For My Mood Swings I Wouldn't Get Any Exercise At All

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
OMG! OMG! I can't believe it. We arrived at 11:00 and we are in our favorite room...on CL...for our entire stay! I am beyond excited and so thrilled and grateful for such a magical upgrade Christmas present.

The Lodge is gorgeous and I can't wait to take it all in later. We are on the bus to Akershus. I'll post more later.
Congratulations!! How wonderful that you've had a BUCKET of pixie dust sprinkled over you. You deserve every fabulous moment.

Haven't been to the boards in a few months due to moving and now knee surgery.
DH & I will be at WL CL (both for the first time!), 2/2-2/10. So close!!

Kook, what is your favorite CL room and why? We'll be over the top thrilled just to be there, but if there's a view that's also over the top, where would it be?
Happy Holidays!!!!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #373
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Anyone else going feb 3ish?

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Old 12-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #374
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

In 72 hours, we will be there, eating a late dinner and contemplating making the trek over to the MK to add a day to our tickets and get in a few hours there since it'll be open until 1 AM. Can't wait!!!!!

Commando #137 at your service!
Old 12-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #375
karasmom
Mouseketeer

anyone who is there right now - how is the pool? It is supposed to be in the mid 70's next week...I know they say the pool is supposed to be heated to 85 but we currently live in GA and mid 70's is kinda cold to me (guess after 6 years of my husband being stationed here, I have acclimatized lol). Plus I have read that the pool cant really keep up with staying 85 when the temps are cooler.

Both my girls are water obsessed and I am trying to figure out if I need to prepare them that they probably wont be swimming...

4 more days

09/20/14 - 09/25/14 5 nights at BC & CR
12/31/13 - 01/05/14 5 nights at WL
12/21/11 - 12/26/11 5 nights at CBR

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: