Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #451
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi
So we've been home for exactly one month today and I am feeling the Disney blues, especially with all the freezing rain we received over the weekend. Since we came home I've been trying to convince my DH that we should do a trip to Disney, adults only, for our 10 year wedding anniversary coming up on Oct 2, 2014 however he has not been very agreeable to this. He wants us to go to the Caribbean or Cuba or somewhere like that however I am not really a beach person or hot weather person but for him and our anniversary I was willing to do it and wait till 2015 for Disney. I was watching and researching a resort in Cancun last night and discussing it with my DH when he says to me, "Being its our anniversary and I know how much Disney means to you, how about we do Disney." All I could do was stare at him speechless and keep asking him if it was a joke, even today I'm asking that. lol. Nope not a joke and trip has been booked. I am sooooooooooooo happy. So we will be going Sept 28-Oct 4, 2014. We will be celebrating our actual anniversary day there as well. Our anniversary is on Oct 2nd. I have the best husband in the world. So we will be back at POP in 279 days.
Yay!!! That's awesome!!
Old 12-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #452
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Yay!!! That's awesome!!
Yes it definitely is. Now to start planning. I feel like I just finished planning for one Disney vacation and now I'm planning another. Lol. Just not sure how to plan an adult only trip. Yikes!!

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only); Jan 26-30, 2015 - POP (Solo); Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #453
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes it definitely is. Now to start planning. I feel like I just finished planning for one Disney vacation and now I'm planning another. Lol. Just not sure how to plan an adult only trip. Yikes!!
I can't wait to plan an adult only trip. I want to do a deluxe resort with the QSDP. But I have quite a few more years until I do that. How are your kids taking your trip without them?? We're going again in November of 2015. I can't wait to start planning again.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #454
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can't wait to plan an adult only trip. I want to do a deluxe resort with the QSDP. But I have quite a few more years until I do that. How are your kids taking your trip without them?? We're going again in November of 2015. I can't wait to start planning again.
She's not exactly happy but she's 16 so I'm sure she'll get over it pretty quickly, what with boys & clothes to think about. Lol

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only); Jan 26-30, 2015 - POP (Solo); Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 12-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #455
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:

She's not exactly happy but she's 16 so I'm sure she'll get over it pretty quickly, what with boys & clothes to think about. Lol
Lol...yes there's more important things in a 16 yr old teenage girls life. My daughters 10 and my son is 8....so I have a few yrs yet to do a solo trip...without feeling guilty lol
Old 12-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #456
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas to all of my DIS friends!! I hope you all have a fantastic holiday! Tomorrows going to be a little crazy so I wanted to tell everyone today.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #457
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
So we've been home for exactly one month today and I am feeling the Disney blues, especially with all the freezing rain we received over the weekend. Since we came home I've been trying to convince my DH that we should do a trip to Disney, adults only, for our 10 year wedding anniversary coming up on Oct 2, 2014 however he has not been very agreeable to this. He wants us to go to the Caribbean or Cuba or somewhere like that however I am not really a beach person or hot weather person but for him and our anniversary I was willing to do it and wait till 2015 for Disney. I was watching and researching a resort in Cancun last night and discussing it with my DH when he says to me, "Being its our anniversary and I know how much Disney means to you, how about we do Disney." All I could do was stare at him speechless and keep asking him if it was a joke, even today I'm asking that. lol. Nope not a joke and trip has been booked. I am sooooooooooooo happy. So we will be going Sept 28-Oct 4, 2014. We will be celebrating our actual anniversary day there as well. Our anniversary is on Oct 2nd. I have the best husband in the world. So we will be back at POP in 279 days.
You are going to have a fabulous time! My DH and I just went on an adult only trip this past October and enjoyed just having to worry about us. We splurged and had an anniversary dinner at the California Grill, attended MNSSHP and took The Keys to the Kingdom Tour. We had an absolute blast!

Old 12-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #458
cajunbaby1
DIS Veteran

I've been back home for 2 weeks now and I am surprised that I really want to go back next Dec!! I was the for 8 days and I was pleasantly surprised about Pop Century resort. Was super quiet. In bldg 3, 4th floor. Did online check in and didnt have to wait long at check in desk. Room was very clean. Had fridge......want very cold at first...put something inside and it starts to cool down. Bus service was great. Only had to wait once due to all,those folks with wheelchairs/scooters to load. But not bad. Only really long walk was at MK to the Pop bus stop. For court naturally a little busy at meal times. Only wish there was more choices in cakes beside Chocolate. Loved the refillable mugs. Pick up a ogle drink with your meals and take back to the room for later, use mugs if you eat at the food court. Great drinks at the pool bar.
I really could go for a big Mickey pretzel right now. LOL.
The line for BOG at lunchtime was totally stupid long!!!!!! Can only imagine how it's gonna be in the summertime!
Fast passes to meet the Princesses was genius. Xmas decorations and seeing the castle lit up was fun.
Didn't really care for Animal kingdom for some reason. Just not feelin it. But I did meet Winnie the Pooh and tigger there.
Can have Photopass folks scan ur magic band for pictures. But if you use the photopass Card...hang on to it. I used the card some along with my own camera and not all showed up on the photopass site. Now I've got to hunt my card p and enter the code.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:12 AM   #459
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
Awesome! Congrats!

Quote:
I was just watching some of the videos I took when we were in Disney back in October while I was cleaning my living room.....it took me FOREVER to finish. I kept stopping and watching lol
That is so me too.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 12-26-2013, 03:16 AM   #460
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Merry Christmas to all of my DIS friends!! I hope you all have a fantastic holiday! Tomorrows going to be a little crazy so I wanted to tell everyone today.
Hope everyone who celebrates Christmas had a wonderful one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbaby1 View Post
I've been back home for 2 weeks now and I am surprised that I really want to go back next Dec!! I was the for 8 days and I was pleasantly surprised about Pop Century resort. Was super quiet. In bldg 3, 4th floor. Did online check in and didnt have to wait long at check in desk. Room was very clean. Had fridge......want very cold at first...put something inside and it starts to cool down. Bus service was great. Only had to wait once due to all,those folks with wheelchairs/scooters to load. But not bad. Only really long walk was at MK to the Pop bus stop. For court naturally a little busy at meal times. Only wish there was more choices in cakes beside Chocolate. Loved the refillable mugs. Pick up a ogle drink with your meals and take back to the room for later, use mugs if you eat at the food court. Great drinks at the pool bar.
I really could go for a big Mickey pretzel right now. LOL.
The line for BOG at lunchtime was totally stupid long!!!!!! Can only imagine how it's gonna be in the summertime!
Fast passes to meet the Princesses was genius. Xmas decorations and seeing the castle lit up was fun.
Didn't really care for Animal kingdom for some reason. Just not feelin it. But I did meet Winnie the Pooh and tigger there.
Can have Photopass folks scan ur magic band for pictures. But if you use the photopass Card...hang on to it. I used the card some along with my own camera and not all showed up on the photopass site. Now I've got to hunt my card p and enter the code.
We were there in early December, and fortunately we've been so busy to miss it much! First time in December and we had a great time.

Well, I could go for one of the POP chocolate crossiants... they are soooo good!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 12-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #461
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Two weeks until I'm at POP Century for 8 days. This will be the longest trip ever at a value resort, but it is also a solo vacation and I'm doing the marathon.

Old 12-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #462
tdmoney7
Mouseketeer

6 days to go and so excited!! I've seen people say they wear/have something with DIS so we can pick each other out - does anyone on here know what that is?
Old 12-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #463
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmoney7 View Post
6 days to go and so excited!! I've seen people say they wear/have something with DIS so we can pick each other out - does anyone on here know what that is?
Lime green Mickey head. However recently some have been making t-shirts.

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 12-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #464
militarymomto5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Two weeks until I'm at POP Century for 8 days. This will be the longest trip ever at a value resort, but it is also a solo vacation and I'm doing the marathon.
Good luck!!!! Have fun, that is on my bucket list!
Old 12-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #465
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarymomto5 View Post
Good luck!!!! Have fun, that is on my bucket list!
Haha--I'll be glad when I scratch it off of my bucket list. It's tough training.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: