Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
MeggyK
Earning My Ears

Favorite dining rotation on the Fantasy?

Any preference on a 7 night Fantasy cruise? First time cruiser and unsure of what rotation to ask my TA to request. I know that it will only be a request with nothing guaranteed, but if people have a favorite rotation, I figure it can't hurt to ask.
Thanks!
Old 12-23-2013, 05:06 AM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Eastern or Western slight differences,

We like to hit Royal Court on the Sunday for formal night.

If doing Remy or Palo dinner do not miss the two Animators palette shows.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
DLW8
DIS Veteran

I have personally never understood requesting a certain dining rotation. On the Fantasy, I think that all the dining rooms are beautiful and I wouldn't mind formal night in any of them. On our first cruise (Wonder) I would have felt a little odd dressed up at Parrot Cay as that was more informal, but they have changed that restaurant now.

If you have Palo/Remy reservations, that could be why you are looking to request a certain rotation, but in any of the rotations you will be in all the restaurants twice (and one three times!). I agree with PP who states that if you will be at Remy/Palo to try to see both Animator's shows (if you haven't seen them before).

For me, the rotation is one of the few "unknowns" about our DCL vacation so we just go with it!

Whatever you decide, enjoy!

3/2014 Solo weekend Yacht Club, 9/2012 Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy, 9/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge to celebrate our 15th Anniversary, 11/2010 Cruisin on the Magic, 12/5/09 First Cruise with a stay at the Poly, 1/16/08 First Family trip: Boardwalk Villas, 5/2000 PO, 10/1997 Dixie, 8/1995 Yacht Club, 6/1995 All Star Music, 1972 - 1989: off property trips in my youth!!

Currently saving for a Fall Western Fantasy in 2014!
DLW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

We've never felt the need to request a particular dining rotation and we've sailed 9 times so far. We're always happy with whatever we get and it wouldn't make or break the cruise for us in the least.

To the OP's basic question - we don't believe that one rotation is better than the others. Go with what you get.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
MeggyK
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the replies.

More details - we are doing the eastern route in March with my children. We want to have dinner at Remy. I have tentatively scheduled one, but I assume we may have to change it.
We won't leave our kid in the club on the first night, don't want to miss either Animators Palate dinner, and want to stay with the kids for pirate night.

I'm a veteran WDW traveller who is used to having my ADRs locked down at 180 + 10 days, so adjusting to the more laid back pace of a cruise is throwing me for a loop.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
DLW8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggyK View Post
Thank you for the replies.

More details - we are doing the eastern route in March with my children. We want to have dinner at Remy. I have tentatively scheduled one, but I assume we may have to change it.
We won't leave our kid in the club on the first night, don't want to miss either Animators Palate dinner, and want to stay with the kids for pirate night.

I'm a veteran WDW traveller who is used to having my ADRs locked down at 180 + 10 days, so adjusting to the more laid back pace of a cruise is throwing me for a loop.
I would check for recent Navigators to try to determine when Pirate Night will be so you can avoid that date. Would you consider a late reservation at Remy so that you can still go to dinner with your kids if it happens to fall on Animator's night? You can go with your child but not actually eat with him that way you won't miss the show.

Once you board and get your rotation, you can always try to change it then if it conflicts with Remy.

I know how you feel about changing your mindset from WDW with ADRs all set 6 months in advance...but you will love the cruise and all the relaxation that comes with it (and less stressing about where to eat on what night hopefully!)

3/2014 Solo weekend Yacht Club, 9/2012 Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy, 9/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge to celebrate our 15th Anniversary, 11/2010 Cruisin on the Magic, 12/5/09 First Cruise with a stay at the Poly, 1/16/08 First Family trip: Boardwalk Villas, 5/2000 PO, 10/1997 Dixie, 8/1995 Yacht Club, 6/1995 All Star Music, 1972 - 1989: off property trips in my youth!!

Currently saving for a Fall Western Fantasy in 2014!
DLW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
MeggyK
Earning My Ears

I have determined when pirates night is and avoided that day. I would love to do a late dinner, but don't think the kids would love to be in the kid's club until late at night.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that the day we've chosen will work. If not I'll try to adjust it. We have our Palo brunch reserved, so at least I know that I'll have one adult meal.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

We were on the Nov 30th Fantasy, Eastern, and I requested AERAERA but didn't get it. We ended up with RAERAER and ended up loving that rotation. I did try to switch rotations after we boarded but was unsuccessful and now I am so glad I was (unsuccessful). Pirate night should be on Wednesday night for you, if that helps.

Upcoming Trips:
Beach Club ~ June 27-June 30, 2015/Polynesian Village ~ June 30-July 6, 2015
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Polynesian ~ August, 2014 *
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #9
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
We've never felt the need to request a particular dining rotation and we've sailed 9 times so far. We're always happy with whatever we get and it wouldn't make or break the cruise for us in the least.

To the OP's basic question - we don't believe that one rotation is better than the others. Go with what you get.
Totally Agree...

But that being said, we do Remy & or Palo either the 1st night (not possible for the OP) or Pirate night, just not our favorite.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: