Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #316
karasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

How were you able to keep it a surprise? What an exciting Christmas you're going to have
Its been a LONG and hard 6 months...full of continuesly pestering from a 5 year old as to when she would be able to go back to Disney.

It will be all worth it when she gets her little suitcase and dress Christmas morning and a letter telling her that she will go in 5 more night nights.

Been watching the weather and really hope for temps in the 70's. First day is resort day and I hope we can make good use of the pool.

12/19/14 - 12/24/14 5 nights at WL
09/20/14 - 09/26/14 6 nights at BC & CR
12/31/13 - 01/05/14 5 nights at WL
12/21/11 - 12/26/11 5 nights at CBR

Old 12-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #317
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Hello All.....I'm so sorry that I have not posted a reply until now and it will be a quick one as I'm on the clock at work I will post a full report later of MY FIRST TRIP TO WDW AND MY WONDERFUL STATY AT THE LODGE FROM 12/6/2013 TO 12/14/2013. We had the best time ever. Thanks to all of the knowledge and help from this and other boards here. We had pixi dust right of off the bat with our lay over from our flight changing from a 2 hour to a 45 minute lay over - long enough to get off 1 plane and on to the next we were supposed to arrive at 6:15 p.m. and we arrived at 4:00 p.m. THE LODGE IS BEUTIFUL. We did rent a car - so travel to the parks was very easy for us. But we did take the boat to MK the 2 1/2 days that we spent there. Pixi Dust there to. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a boat either way Ok - more later....thank you soo much.
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #318
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
Does anyone happen to know if all of the king bed rooms are strictly handicapped accessible? We have a courtyard view room booked and would love to request a king bed just not sure if it is possible as we don't need a handicapped accessible room?
I do know that there are non Handicapped King rooms available. In general though, your chances of getting a King bed probably increase if you are willing to take a handicapped accessible room. On our honeymoon we had requested a King and got a handicapped accessible room. It was very nice, so that is a good option as long as you can live with not having a bath tub.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #319
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Last day of panic, ummm, I mean, packing. Can't wait to back out of that driveway soon and arrive back home

Quote:
Originally Posted by catflorida View Post
I want to add some additional comments on the Wilderness Lodge stay this past weekend. I can't pull up my comments because I am not that computer literate, but I wanted to tell all of you that you are in for a really nice Christmas here. We toured all the resorts and none were decorated as beautifully as the Wilderness Lodge. We did a split stay at WL and YC and I really wish I would have stayed WL club level the whole time. I have seen the WL at Christmas many times, but this year the resort seemed more beautiful than I remember it ever being. We arrived at 9 am and our room was ready, the magic bands worked perfectly, everywhere, and one of the cast members saved us two huge bowls of cobbler that they had for dessert the night before. We were at the Magic Kingdom riding the roller coasters and missed dessert.

We did back to back fastpasses that evening using the magic bands. We were able to schedule them very close together by calling the internet help desk and having them do this for us. We also got fastpasses for Be Our Guest
lunch and the lunch was surprisingly good. We had a roast beef sandwich and a turkey sandwich and the cupcake with grey stuff. The restaurant was very pretty, we ate in the west wing, which is very dark and quiet. We chose this over our original plan to have lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe. I am glad I did it once, but would rather eat at one of the hotels.

Anyone staying Christmas week is going to have a really good time. Make sure you spend some time at the campground. Take a bike ride over there and visit the dog park and the ponys. See the decorations the campers have set up at night. This is such a good vacation for kids. LOVED IT and we don't have children traveling with us any more.
I'm staying Christmas Week. You've gotten me even more excited - thank you for the great follow-up about your stay.

I was just telling my family how we HAVE to take a bike ride through FW to see the amazing decorations. I just loved doing that in 2010. FW is like having a whole other vacation right next door. It's so relaxed and really gets you in the Disney and Christmas spirit

The OFC is a gem and I hope you get to book your return trip soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Stopping by to wish all fortunate enough to have precious holiday time with their families at the beautiful lodge...safe travels, and a magical vacation (looking at YOU Queen of Bay Lake )

Awww, I'm one of those who is very fortunate and I thank you on behalf of all those other fortunate Christmas Lodgers. We can't wait! I'm so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
Hello All.....I'm so sorry that I have not posted a reply until now and it will be a quick one as I'm on the clock at work I will post a full report later of MY FIRST TRIP TO WDW AND MY WONDERFUL STATY AT THE LODGE FROM 12/6/2013 TO 12/14/2013. We had the best time ever. Thanks to all of the knowledge and help from this and other boards here. We had pixi dust right of off the bat with our lay over from our flight changing from a 2 hour to a 45 minute lay over - long enough to get off 1 plane and on to the next we were supposed to arrive at 6:15 p.m. and we arrived at 4:00 p.m. THE LODGE IS BEUTIFUL. We did rent a car - so travel to the parks was very easy for us. But we did take the boat to MK the 2 1/2 days that we spent there. Pixi Dust there to. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a boat either way Ok - more later....thank you soo much.
What a great first trip to WDW and you'll have to start planning your second trip soon
Old 12-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #320
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Last day of panic, ummm, I mean, packing. Can't wait to back out of that driveway soon and arrive back home
I hope you don't have to drive through any bad weather. Have a great trip.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 12-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #321
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Here he is.....

And I guess I'll add...

Oh, what the heck... Mind as well go all out....

Have a very wonderfully magically awesomely Merry stay home!!!

If I forget to check back before you leave.... Safe Travels!!! or even safer:

HO, HO, HO!!!!

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 12-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #322
TerryandDoug
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

I want to thank WDWKOOK and all of the contributors here for helping to make our first stay at WL so enjoyable. We already had a stay booked at AKL, when we found that we would be able to arrive a day earlier than we expected. We decided to stay at WL for that first night, and I spent a lot of time on this board ahead of time trying to find out all I could about WL.

We booked a courtyard room, and from information here, I attempted to get one of the “bear face rooms.” When checking in online, I requested a room on the 4th or 5th floor. I then called the resort the week before we arrived and asked to have the request “inner courtyard, open to lobby” added. The person I spoke to thought that she should remove the “4th or 5th floor request” when I asked for “open to lobby,” thinking that “open to lobby” would mean a lobby level room, but she left all requests on the record after I explained to her. When we arrived, we found that we had actually been assigned one of the bear face rooms, 4067. It was a fantastic location, and we especially loved being able to see the lobby Christmas tree each time we left the room. Although it was a great location, I think next time we’ll try a different area, just to change things up.

Since we didn’t arrive until about 8 PM, we only had a short time to enjoy the evening, but knew exactly what we wanted to do ahead of time. First we caught the water pageant as it went by the beach. Somehow after many WDW trips, I had never seen the whole thing before. We then took the boat to FW, and based on what we learned here, we knew to look for the blue flag boat. We walked around FW for a couple of hours, enjoying all of the campsites decorated for Christmas. I’ve seen them during the day on a prior trip, but never got to enjoy the full effect before. We then returned to WL and enjoyed walking the grounds late at night when it was practically deserted. The next morning we took the “Wonders of WL” tour that I read about here. We really enjoyed it, and had pretty much a private tour, with only 3 people joining.

We will definitely stay at WL again as long as we can find a reasonable room rate when we visit. Sadly, when we moved to AKL, our stay wasn’t nearly as magical as the other time we stayed there. I won’t detail here, as others have done so on other threads, but we were at AKL during the “planned power outage” and after a long night at MVMCP, ended up stuck on an overcrowded bus outside of the AKL parking gate for quite awhile and then returned to a dark room with no power.

Thanks again for all the tips that have been provided here, and Happy Holidays!
Old 12-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #323
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Oh, Wonderful Kookerific Kook!! Have a wonderful Christmas stay at WL!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #324
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
In case anyone wanted an update, we got our working magic bands from the front desk! Everything is fixed and we are all set. For those of you worried, even if you encounter a problem, they will fix it with as minimal hassle to you as possible.
Thank goodness! I'm glad they were able to resolve it!

All, I have a question about room requests. We're currently booked Woods View. What is a good area to request for Woods View?

And what is the open lobby (for room requests)?

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
Old 12-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #325
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryandDoug View Post
I want to thank WDWKOOK and all of the contributors here for helping to make our first stay at WL so enjoyable. We already had a stay booked at AKL, when we found that we would be able to arrive a day earlier than we expected. We decided to stay at WL for that first night, and I spent a lot of time on this board ahead of time trying to find out all I could about WL.

We booked a courtyard room, and from information here, I attempted to get one of the bear face rooms. When checking in online, I requested a room on the 4th or 5th floor. I then called the resort the week before we arrived and asked to have the request inner courtyard, open to lobby added. The person I spoke to thought that she should remove the 4th or 5th floor request when I asked for open to lobby, thinking that open to lobby would mean a lobby level room, but she left all requests on the record after I explained to her. When we arrived, we found that we had actually been assigned one of the bear face rooms, 4067. It was a fantastic location, and we especially loved being able to see the lobby Christmas tree each time we left the room. Although it was a great location, I think next time well try a different area, just to change things up.

Since we didnt arrive until about 8 PM, we only had a short time to enjoy the evening, but knew exactly what we wanted to do ahead of time. First we caught the water pageant as it went by the beach. Somehow after many WDW trips, I had never seen the whole thing before. We then took the boat to FW, and based on what we learned here, we knew to look for the blue flag boat. We walked around FW for a couple of hours, enjoying all of the campsites decorated for Christmas. Ive seen them during the day on a prior trip, but never got to enjoy the full effect before. We then returned to WL and enjoyed walking the grounds late at night when it was practically deserted. The next morning we took the Wonders of WL tour that I read about here. We really enjoyed it, and had pretty much a private tour, with only 3 people joining.

We will definitely stay at WL again as long as we can find a reasonable room rate when we visit. Sadly, when we moved to AKL, our stay wasnt nearly as magical as the other time we stayed there. I wont detail here, as others have done so on other threads, but we were at AKL during the planned power outage and after a long night at MVMCP, ended up stuck on an overcrowded bus outside of the AKL parking gate for quite awhile and then returned to a dark room with no power.

Thanks for the detailed trip report. It sounds like a perfect way to spend a day at WL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
All, I have a question about room requests. We're currently booked Woods View. What is a good area to request for Woods View?

And what is the open lobby (for room requests)?

If you look at this wonderful room layout that GrandCalifornian made, you can get an area of the different room views. There are basically three woods view room areas:

1. open to the lobby - which means that when you walk out of the door of the room you can look down into the lobby. These rooms can sometimes hear some noise from the restaurant, but the view is nice.

2. facing the villas - we had one of these rooms when we were there a couple of weeks ago - room 3014. It faces mostly woods and the side view of the villas. This section was very convenient to the lobby and buses. Here is a link to my room view pictures. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=219

3. north wing facing the Contemporary - These rooms are close to the elevator to Roaring Forks and many of them have a partial view of the high fireworks.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 12-21-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:05 AM   #326
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

Ok folks, this is my new favorite home! I absolutely love the WL! For the first time I'm considering booking a bounce back before we check out on Sunday. I did notice that it says "non-discounted price for the same room. Length of stay requirements may apply". Does the same room restriction mean same room type? We booked standard, received pool view and I'm spoiled! I would like to book the bounce back for a view or club level next time. Also, does anyone know the length of stay requirements? I know I can call the number but I'm still on the fence and don't want to DH to know until I thoroughly research.

1988 Off Site, 1992 Off Site, 1996 ASMusic, 2000 CBR, 2004 POR, 2007 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP, 2013 WL
Old 12-21-2013, 05:47 AM   #327
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

The next time I post will be from WL! I'll post some photos soon. No fighting (or parties) while I'm gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I hope you don't have to drive through any bad weather. Have a great trip.
It looks clear down 95 and thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Here he is.....

And I guess I'll add...

Oh, what the heck... Mind as well go all out....

Have a very wonderfully magically awesomely Merry stay home!!!

If I forget to check back before you leave.... Safe Travels!!! or even safer:

HO, HO, HO!!!!

What a festive farewell - love it and thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryandDoug View Post

We booked a courtyard room, and from information here, I attempted to get one of the “bear face rooms.” When checking in online, I requested a room on the 4th or 5th floor. I then called the resort the week before we arrived and asked to have the request “inner courtyard, open to lobby” added. The person I spoke to thought that she should remove the “4th or 5th floor request” when I asked for “open to lobby,” thinking that “open to lobby” would mean a lobby level room, but she left all requests on the record after I explained to her. When we arrived, we found that we had actually been assigned one of the bear face rooms, 4067. It was a fantastic location, and we especially loved being able to see the lobby Christmas tree each time we left the room. Although it was a great location, I think next time we’ll try a different area, just to change things up.

Since we didn’t arrive until about 8 PM, we only had a short time to enjoy the evening, but knew exactly what we wanted to do ahead of time. First we caught the water pageant as it went by the beach. Somehow after many WDW trips, I had never seen the whole thing before. We then took the boat to FW, and based on what we learned here, we knew to look for the blue flag boat. We walked around FW for a couple of hours, enjoying all of the campsites decorated for Christmas. I’ve seen them during the day on a prior trip, but never got to enjoy the full effect before. We then returned to WL and enjoyed walking the grounds late at night when it was practically deserted. The next morning we took the “Wonders of WL” tour that I read about here. We really enjoyed it, and had pretty much a private tour, with only 3 people joining.

We will definitely stay at WL again as long as we can find a reasonable room rate when we visit. Sadly, when we moved to AKL, our stay wasn’t nearly as magical as the other time we stayed there. I won’t detail here, as others have done so on other threads, but we were at AKL during the “planned power outage” and after a long night at MVMCP, ended up stuck on an overcrowded bus outside of the AKL parking gate for quite awhile and then returned to a dark room with no power.

You're welcome and it was nice to read your report. I hope you get to book a longer stay soon. I heard about the "PPO" and it sounded unpleasant. Merry Christmas to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Oh, Wonderful Kookerific Kook!! Have a wonderful Christmas stay at WL!!!
Ooooo thank you, Candace and a Christmas salute to you and yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
Ok folks, this is my new favorite home! I absolutely love the WL! For the first time I'm considering booking a bounce back before we check out on Sunday. I did notice that it says "non-discounted price for the same room. Length of stay requirements may apply". Does the same room restriction mean same room type? We booked standard, received pool view and I'm spoiled! I would like to book the bounce back for a view or club level next time. Also, does anyone know the length of stay requirements? I know I can call the number but I'm still on the fence and don't want to DH to know until I thoroughly research.
I think the LOS has to do with staying a weekend. You do not have to book what you're in now or even at the same resort. You can book anything that's available with the BB and you can even make changes later.

We'll be checking in on your check out day. So excited! Have a safe trip home.

Must run now
Old 12-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #328
karasmom
Mouseketeer

How would you suggest getting from WL to the GF for Dinner on the 31st?

Boat to MK then monorail to GF? Or boat to CR followed by monorail to GF?

Not sure if the walk to the Monorail is longer docking at MK or CR.

12/19/14 - 12/24/14 5 nights at WL
09/20/14 - 09/26/14 6 nights at BC & CR
12/31/13 - 01/05/14 5 nights at WL
12/21/11 - 12/26/11 5 nights at CBR

Old 12-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #329
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone I am really excited to say that my family has a trip planned for 2014 and will be staying at VWL. We will be there from 5/26-6/1 staying in a studio. We have stayed in the Lodge a couple of times (WL is one of our favorite resorts) but this will be our first stay in the villas and we cannot be more excited about it. We have been wanting to stay at VWL for a while now, but there never seemed to be any availability for our dates....we all can't wait for May to come .

Old 12-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #330
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karasmom View Post
How would you suggest getting from WL to the GF for Dinner on the 31st?

Boat to MK then monorail to GF? Or boat to CR followed by monorail to GF?

Not sure if the walk to the Monorail is longer docking at MK or CR.
Honestly since the monorail can get squished..I would do boat to MK and then boat to GF (I am very partial to the boats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: