Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
MABrentwood
Earning My Ears

Question Dinner/Show Questions

Hi all! First time cruiser here, looking forward to taking my two daughters (ages 1.5 and 4.5) on the Dream this February.

A few questions, if you can help.

Since I booked 46 days out, I could only choose the late dining option. Anyone have experience changing their dining time?

I understand that if you have the late dining, then you go to the early show, and vice versa. Do you actually have assigned tickets to the show? Or can you go to either one, as long as you are willing to skip dinner in the MDR?

Of the four shows on the Dream, which are the best for little kids?

Of the three MDR's, which is the best "show" for little kids? I am thinking if I am going to try to get my little girls to sit through dinner, I may try to make it to the one that they will get the biggest kick out of.

SERIOUSLY - $500 for a cabana on CC?!

THANKS A TON!!!!
MABrentwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABrentwood View Post
Hi all! First time cruiser here, looking forward to taking my two daughters (ages 1.5 and 4.5) on the Dream this February.

A few questions, if you can help.

Since I booked 46 days out, I could only choose the late dining option. Anyone have experience changing their dining time?

I understand that if you have the late dining, then you go to the early show, and vice versa. Do you actually have assigned tickets to the show? Or can you go to either one, as long as you are willing to skip dinner in the MDR?

Of the four shows on the Dream, which are the best for little kids?

Of the three MDR's, which is the best "show" for little kids? I am thinking if I am going to try to get my little girls to sit through dinner, I may try to make it to the one that they will get the biggest kick out of.

SERIOUSLY - $500 for a cabana on CC?!

THANKS A TON!!!!
First, have you requested to be placed on the wait list for main dining? If not, do so. You (or your TA, if you used one) will do this by calling DCL and making the request. Then, about every week, or so, call DCL to "confirm" that the request is on your reservation. If, when you checkin at the port, your KTTW card indicates that you still have late dining, go immediately upon boarding to where the dining changes are being handled and make the request again. In many cases these measures work, sometimes they do not.

You can go to whichever show (early or late) that you wish, no tickets.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
quickcat
Mouseketeer

We have changed our dining successfully the past 3 times. You need to call them and be sure its noted on your reservation. Some people have not been able to have it changed but we've always been lucky with that.
Also, you don't have specific tickets for the shows. You can go if you want to any show. They usually will have one in the afternoon as well (on the Fantasy they do).
Sorry, haven't been on the Dream so do not have any info on which show to be a 'cant miss'

Yes, $500 for the cabana.....unfortunately my DH loves them and we'd probably even pay more for one

Have a great time on your cruise!
quickcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
MABrentwood
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

[QUOTE=PrincessShmoo;50288096]First, have you requested to be placed on the wait list for main dining? If not, do so. You (or your TA, if you used one) will do this by calling DCL and making the request. Then, about every week, or so, call DCL to "confirm" that the request is on your reservation.

I would have not know to do that - I called today and the customer service rep told me that I was on the wait list and he was 99% sure that my dinner time would be moved! Appreciate the help!
Old 12-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
SnowWhite2
DIS Veteran

Obviously $500 for a cabana doesn't faze many people because they are booked immediately. We are gold and can book at 105 days out and never have been able to get a cabana. Never....and I try each cruise.

December 28, 2014 NYE Magic
November 10, 2014 Dream double-dip
June 9, 2014 Alaska Wonder
December 28, 2013 NYE Fantasy
December 29, 2012 NYE Fantasy
December 29, 2011 NYE Dream
December 26, 2009 NYE Magic
December 20, 2008 Christmas Magic
February 2, 2008 Eastern Magic
February 3, 2007 Eastern Magic
April 15, 2006 Western Magic
February 2003 Eastern Magic
SnowWhite2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #6
ocspartan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all! First time cruiser here, looking forward to taking my two daughters (ages 1.5 and 4.5) on the Dream this February. A few questions, if you can help. Since I booked 46 days out, I could only choose the late dining option. Anyone have experience changing their dining time? I understand that if you have the late dining, then you go to the early show, and vice versa. Do you actually have assigned tickets to the show? Or can you go to either one, as long as you are willing to skip dinner in the MDR? Of the four shows on the Dream, which are the best for little kids? Of the three MDR's, which is the best "show" for little kids? I am thinking if I am going to try to get my little girls to sit through dinner, I may try to make it to the one that they will get the biggest kick out of. SERIOUSLY - $500 for a cabana on CC?! THANKS A TON!!!!
Like you we booked our first cruise close to the sail date on the dream, your one step ahead of me by finding this site. We were originally booked first seating for the six of us, but by the time we boarded we were already changed to first seating, and had great locations in each mdr. Just make sure to call Disney to put in the request, not guaranteed But they do try., it also depends where your coming from, fir ex: if you live on the west coast you may find late seating easier to work with your schedules

No tickets for shows come and go as u please. Had a 5 & 3 yr old and they loved all of the shows, surprisingly even villains tonight, we were planning on skipping but kids wanted to see what the evening show was so we sat in the back near the exits, but to our surprise kids enjoyed it.

For our little ones they weren't huge fans of the pre fireworks pre show though.

Yes 500 sounds high but figure it's half the price of a nice resort and your on the beach
ocspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
Mommb
Mouseketeer

Of the main dining rooms, Animator's Palate is the only one with a real show. (The lighting in Enchanted Garden changes, but that's subtle.) So, if you're choosing one for your daughters to attend, that's the one to pick. You may also consider Pirate Night, though -- I'm usually in Palo that night, but I think there's something going on in all the dining rooms.
Mommb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
RickFreeze
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Of the three MDR's, which is the best "show" for little kids? I am thinking if I am going to try to get my little girls to sit through dinner
My kids aren't as young as your's DS 17 and DD 13, but have you heard about DCL's program where you do the early show, go to late dining and they serve the kids immediately and then one of the kid's activity coordinators come and get your kids to go to the clubs/activity place they enjoy so much during the day. That way they get to enjoy the show, dinner and fun, and you get a relaxed dinner with your significant other. Sounds like a win/win if yo are unable to change to early dining.

RickFreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
Sur
Love the Dis

Yay! Though the kids compatibility brought us together on our last Disney Cruise, a little alone time will be great. So excited!!
Old 12-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #10
MABrentwood
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFreeze View Post
My kids aren't as young as your's DS 17 and DD 13, but have you heard about DCL's program where you do the early show, go to late dining and they serve the kids immediately and then one of the kid's activity coordinators come and get your kids to go to the clubs/activity place they enjoy so much during the day. That way they get to enjoy the show, dinner and fun, and you get a relaxed dinner with your significant other. Sounds like a win/win if yo are unable to change to early dining.

I will love this.....when my kids are older! My kids are in bed normally by 6:30/7 at home - so I plan to push them to 8/8:30 while on the cruise, but that is probably as far as they can go!

Thanks for the advice!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: