Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
mschaber
Earning My Ears

How Early For Flight out of Miami?

Looking at flights for returning home after our cruise. Is 10:55am too early or should we go with 4:25pm?

What's the earliest (normal) time you can get off the ship if you take your own bags?
Old 12-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
GenerationK-er
NOLA Rising/New Orleans is Back/Mardi Gras 4ever

Last April, there was about a two-hour delay in Customs clearing the Celebrity Reflection ship. I am not sure what causes such delays, but it was the first time (after at least 8 cruises) I experienced that much of a delay because of customs. The VIP's kept complaining to the cruise staff as we were waiting near the gangway in a cocktail lounge (that should have been open for this occasion) trying to "pull rank" but were told there was nothing they could do. To make matters worse, once we were off the ship there was a bag that got jammed on the luggage carousel causing it to stop working. It took another 45 minutes for my luggage to come onto another carousel. This delay only impacted about 25% of us, but I was in that number. The port is just a short 25 minute or so (if I remember correctly) ride to the airport, so that works in your favor.

Disney Dream February 2012

Oh What Dreams May Come! It's back to Castaway Cay February 2013

Magical Refurbishment Disney Magic March 2014

A WONDER-ful Mardi Gras 2015
GenerationK-er is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #3
2disneycruzrs
DIS Veteran

I'd go with the 4:25. MIA is the worst airport to which I travel on business. I have status and even those lines seem to take forever at security let alone standard lines. The airport is only 20 min if that but you just never know.

Wonder 10/14 * Reimagined Magic 12/13 * Swan/Dream/Animation: 12/12 * Beach Club: 1/12 - work * AKL/Dream: 9/11 - my daughter's and nieces' first cruise! * Beach Club/Wonder: 11/08 - work * Beach Club/Wonder: 8/08 - work (I get paid to go?!) * Dolphin/Wonder: 12/05 * RCCL - Jewel inaugural season (Western) 4/05-work * RCCL - Serenade inaugural season (Alaska) 8/04 - work * Swan/Magic: 11/03 Eastern * Dolphin/Wonder 10/02 - our honeymoon * WDW '83
2disneycruzrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
mschaber
Earning My Ears

Thank you for your input. I think to be safe I will just go with the later flight so I don't have to worry!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: