Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
MommytoaPrince
Mouseketeer

What Disney Wonder shows are not to be missed?!

Our family will be on the 5 night Wonder Western Caribbean out of Miami in three weeks. My question for you fellow disers is, what shows would your family say are the "not to be missed shows" on the Wonder? The show line up (from previous navigators for this same cruise) looks like it will be "All Aboard! Let the Magic Begin", "The Golden Mickeys", "Toy Story", "Magic & Illusion of Scott Pepper," & "Disney Dreams".

Our first cruise was on the Magic and while we enjoyed most of the shows, there were one or two that we felt like we could have skipped. We felt like between the lengthy dinners in the MDR and trying to attend all of the shows, most of our evening was a race against the clock of trying to get from one place to another. We would like to be a little more relaxed this time and we are thinking that one way to do this is too miss out on 1 - 2 of the evening shows. We also will have DS2 with us so I know that some of these might not be all that entertaining for him. TIA
MommytoaPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

I could miss the All Aboard but don't miss Disney Dreams! That was my favorite.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
holula
DIS Veteran

I would probably miss All Aboard or Toy Story.
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!), 2014 Southern Caribbean
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
holula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

The All Aboard show is basically previews of coming attractions, so it's not necessary.

The staging of Toy Story and all the over-size toys is great, but we did get tired of Sid's screeching.

Scott Pepper alternates between the Magic, Wonder, and an occasional RCCL show, so he may or may not be on your cruise. DCL changes performers more often than they change the musical production numbers.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
I would probably miss All Aboard or Toy Story.
Yeah, I agree. I like Golden Mickeys, although after a few times it does get repetitive and Dreams is good. The others I could miss or go depending on what else was going on.

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014
ImDMous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

I would suggest skipping Toy Story. It's such a let down compared to the other wonderful shows on board. It made me feel sad. I personally like the All Aboard show. It helps set the mood for the cruise.

You can't tell who the entertainer will be from past navigators because that changes frequently. If by any chance Mike Super, Magic Dave or the balloon artist guy are performing don't miss them.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder
jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
hgon76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoaPrince View Post
Our family will be on the 5 night Wonder Western Caribbean out of Miami in three weeks. My question for you fellow disers is, what shows would your family say are the "not to be missed shows" on the Wonder? The show line up (from previous navigators for this same cruise) looks like it will be "All Aboard! Let the Magic Begin", "The Golden Mickeys", "Toy Story", "Magic & Illusion of Scott Pepper," & "Disney Dreams". TIA
Where did you find the 5 night Wonder Western out of Miami Navigators? I looked & didn't see any for that particular cruise.?.? We're doing a 5 night Wonder Western in Feb & I'd love to see some Navigators, but I thought they hadn't yet do e that particular itinerary so there weren't any.

hgon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

I found Toy Story very good, but welcome aboard poor.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #9
mom4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgon76
Where did you find the 5 night Wonder Western out of Miami Navigators? I looked & didn't see any for that particular cruise.?.? We're doing a 5 night Wonder Western in Feb & I'd love to see some Navigators, but I thought they hadn't yet do e that particular itinerary so there weren't any.
I have the navigators also. I think it was from the Disney blog. It is the exact itinerary for 2014. The navigator is from April 2013.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #10
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoaPrince View Post
Our family will be on the 5 night Wonder Western Caribbean out of Miami in three weeks. My question for you fellow disers is, what shows would your family say are the "not to be missed shows" on the Wonder? The show line up (from previous navigators for this same cruise) looks like it will be "All Aboard! Let the Magic Begin", "The Golden Mickeys", "Toy Story", "Magic & Illusion of Scott Pepper," & "Disney Dreams".

Our first cruise was on the Magic and while we enjoyed most of the shows, there were one or two that we felt like we could have skipped. We felt like between the lengthy dinners in the MDR and trying to attend all of the shows, most of our evening was a race against the clock of trying to get from one place to another. We would like to be a little more relaxed this time and we are thinking that one way to do this is too miss out on 1 - 2 of the evening shows. We also will have DS2 with us so I know that some of these might not be all that entertaining for him. TIA
I agree with jjje, the All Aboard show is basically just giving you a preview of what to expect on the cruise. I enjoy seeing it.

After seeing Toy Story 3 times, we're done with it. We only saw it 3 times because the first two time there were technical problems delaying the show, and I wanted to be able to see it straight through. Like jdb, we found Sid's screeching hard to take, a lot like nails on a chalkboard.

We will never miss Golden Mickey's or Dreams when onboard, love them both.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #11
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

I would definately skip Toy Story the Musical. I can generally sit through anything and on my recent B2B on the Wonder (14 days), I can say we sat through it all twice EXCEPT Toy Story. I actually wanted to leave after the first 20 minutes. Gets really drawn out IMHO.

The first nights is yes, a preview. But it has non-Disney acts that perform a little bit. That is pretty good.

Do not miss Disney Dreams. I believe it is the best Disney offers on the DCL.

2014 - 5 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-4:
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 10, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #12
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

I agree with jjje, the All Aboard show is basically just giving you a preview of what to expect on the cruise. I enjoy seeing it.

After seeing Toy Story 3 times, we're done with it. We only saw it 3 times because the first two time there were technical problems delaying the show, and I wanted to be able to see it straight through. Like jdb, we found Sid's screeching hard to take, a lot like nails on a chalkboard.

We will never miss Golden Mickey's or Dreams when onboard, love them both.
If "All Aboard" is the same show that they do the first night on the Fantasy....Well then I would totally recommend skipping it as I think it is ridiculous and probably the worst show I have ever seen on a Disney ship. And I agree with the PP, we rather enjoyed Toy Story the Musical. It was much better than that ridiculous show about the family running around to the ship's activities. I really don't like to use this word, but I honestly thought that show was just stupid. Come on Disney, you can come up with a better story line than that....smh
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #13
my2boys2disney
Mouseketeer

We sailed for the first and only time on the Wonder in Nov 2011 and it was all those shows. How often do they get changed? One of the reasons I was bummed about the fact that we are taking our second cruise on the Wonder is the fact we have already seen the shows.

my2boys2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #14
Spunkyminky
Mouseketeer

This is great info. We'll be going on the same 5 day Western Caribbean 5 day cruise in early Feb. Good to know what not to miss. Thanks for the post & everyone's opinions!
Spunkyminky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #15
MommytoaPrince
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgon76 View Post
I found them on the disneycruiselineblog site. I know that they will not be exactly the same as our cruise but it can give us an idea of what to expect. I don't know how to add a link but if you do a search you should be able to find them. Happy Navigator Reading!
MommytoaPrince is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: