Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
sparklechicks
It's all about the Mouse!

Salsa Salsa Excursion - need help

Hi everyone,

Trip advisor has this highly recommended and I have decided I want something for myself ! Wanted to know how the beaches/pools arefor either Costa Maya or Cozumel. We have 3 kiddies 12, 11 and 8 and I am worried they will be bored with the class and just want to swim. Has anyone been recently? Are the beaches nice? Any information or guidance is greatly appreciated.
MNSSHP/Beach Club Sept 2011
Boardwalk/Disney Fantasy Western June 23, 2012
Disney Dream NYE Dec 28, 2012
Aulani Resort July 12, 2013
MNSSHP/Disney Fantasy Eastern October 19, 2013
proud DVC Member at BWV ....Everything is better with a Disney trip planned b/c It's Just Magical

sparklechicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:58 AM   #2
Piper23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklechicks View Post
Hi everyone,

Trip advisor has this highly recommended and I have decided I want something for myself ! Wanted to know how the beaches/pools arefor either Costa Maya or Cozumel. We have 3 kiddies 12, 11 and 8 and I am worried they will be bored with the class and just want to swim. Has anyone been recently? Are the beaches nice? Any information or guidance is greatly appreciated.
We had the Salsa & Salsa excursion booked for our cruise in October, but it was cancelled the night before due to low enrollment. So you may want to have a backup plan just in case. I had heard it was very good as well, but didn't get to try it out.

Disneyland! Disneyland! Disneyland!
Disney Wonder- Western Caribbean, October 2013
Piper23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
ColoradoDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklechicks View Post
Hi everyone,

We did this in Costa Maya, the beach that we were at afterwards was a normal beach at a resort in Mexico. There were some lounge chairs, a few little gazebo type structures that you could sit in the shade, lots of sand. There weren't any special play structures or anything, but it was a perfectly nice beach. There were some vendors there trying to get you to buy their "stuff", but it's easy to just say either no thanks or ignore them.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
Quagmire
Earning My Ears

My family and I did the Salsa and Salsa tour in Cozumel and had a GREAT time. However, there is no beach readily acessible. It is very rocky. There is a pool that your kids can swim in at the resort located next to where the class is offered.
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
sparklechicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
My family and I did the Salsa and Salsa tour in Cozumel and had a GREAT time. However, there is no beach readily acessible. It is very rocky. There is a pool that your kids can swim in at the resort located next to where the class is offered.
Ty everyone for the feedback! Did you enjoy the class? Did you bring any kids with you? Did they enjoy it? It is a very costly excursion and I just want to make sure the kids also get something out of it

ty - Stacey
proud DVC Member at BWV ....Everything is better with a Disney trip planned b/c It's Just Magical

Old 12-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
micheleq
DIS Veteran

We did this excursion last March and our girls were 5 & 7 at the time. I wouldn't do it again with kids that young. They enjoyed cooking but once we got to the dancing lessons all they wanted to do was go and swim!

The guides (not the chefs) also pushed hard for tips and they did next to nothing for our group.

If we went back to Cozumel I'd go back to Nachi Cocum rather go to Salsa and Salsa again. Too much money for the kids experience.

CB 1/01 SSR 12/08 YC-CL 10/11 SSR 11/14 VGF 1/15
Magic Western Caribbean 2/12
Wonder Easter 3/13 Western Caribbean
Fantasy Easter 4/14 Eastern Caribbean
DL PPH-CL 8/13
micheleq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #7
sparklechicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheleq View Post
We did this excursion last March and our girls were 5 & 7 at the time. I wouldn't do it again with kids that young. They enjoyed cooking but once we got to the dancing lessons all they wanted to do was go and swim!

The guides (not the chefs) also pushed hard for tips and they did next to nothing for our group.

If we went back to Cozumel I'd go back to Nachi Cocum rather go to Salsa and Salsa again. Too much money for the kids experience.
Ty so much! Exactly what I needed to hear

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: