Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
stampinot
Mouseketeer

Best Place to stay overnight in Vancouver

before cruise?
stampinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

If $$$ is no object, the Pan Pacific is nice!
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
auntlynne
Aunt Lynne

Pan Pacific is great for convenience. It is a lovely, classy hotel. We stayed there when doing two cruises with a day in between, making it easy to tour Vancouver (2012). Prices go up and down, you just need to snag one when the price is right. My AAA rate with breakfast included was better than rack rate, no breakfast.

When our group of 5 arrived the day before a cruise (2011), we stayed at the YWCA Hotel, across from the BC Center. We had a room with 5 or 6 twin beds and a private en-suite bath. Two rooms at a traditional hotel for our family group was going to be pricey. We used the subway to get to the port. There is a Hampton Inn next door. COSTCO is about 2 blocks away. We walked to breakfast (McD's) and a pharmacy before the quick trip to the port.

Downtown Vancouver is easy to get around between walking, cabs, subway.

We used the SkyTrain to go to the airport.

... The other option is to stay in Seattle and take the morning Amtrak. Airfare can be so much less than landing in Vancouver - and the train ride parallels the shoreline nearly the entire trip.
auntlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
bliscum
Mouseketeer

The pan pacific is awesome. Close to liqueur store, pharmacy , shopping centers etc.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

I can't say enough good things about the Pan. Our rate which was mid July was $249 and $229 when we looked other areas it was around the low $200 but the convenience made it is so easy!
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #6
joycsk
Red's my girl

Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinot View Post
before cruise?
My parents stayed at the Fairmount and enjoyed it. Directly across the street from PAN, equally pricey.

We stayed at the Hotel at Terminal City Club. We loved that. It is Very private, mostly a club and very little hotel. Lovely pool, but not really many amenities other than that. Stayed for 3 days. It is still pricey, but not as bad as the other 2. It is just behind the Fairmount, and is 2.5 blocks from Port (as opposed to Pan which is Next To port.

Happy Travels!
Old 12-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Another vote for The Pan Pacific.
Stayed there before we sailed on Sept. 2.
Beautiful hotel.

Had a great view and watched The Wonder sail into port on the morning of our cruise. We could here the "When you Wish Upon a Star" chime on the ship from our room that morning.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

What are your criteria? If it's strictly being near the port and money is no object, that answer is covered already in this thread.

If you want to explore downtown Vancouver and don't have to be right next door, there are SO many lovely hotels there. I was listing where I've stayed the other day and I forgot The Listel Hotel, which is an art boutique hotel that is quite nice, and right on Robson. There's so much to do and see there, and downtown Vancouver is wonderful and walkable.

Sutton Place is spendy but fabulous, and although it's not right next to the port, it's not a bad location if you're interested in exploring. Nice grocery store next door, JapaDog cart right outside, patisserie next door as well...yoga studio across the street, pub (no kids though) under the yoga studio, movie theater over there, too and a Starbucks right there as well...hard to ask for more.

Their connected condo-type place, La Grande Residence, is probably better for a longer stay, but I've gotten amazing deals there through travel sites (specifically hotels.com but I bet it's on others).

Century Plaza was decent as long as you get a remodeled room (hopefully they are all remodelled by now). Holiday Inn even wasn't bad, and has a most interesting (and ridiculously deep) pool.

Westin Grand is shaped like a grand piano. Westin Bayshore can have AMAZING views.

And there are SO many more than just those.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

There's a nice b&b a few blocks from city hall. It's called the Manor Guest House. We stayed there during the Olympics and after our cruise. The folks are friendly and the rooms are nice!

May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
hamm1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #10
racingfandj
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown, I believe on Howe street. Newly remodeled when we were there for summer, 2013 and reasonable rates. Had big family of 8 and was easy access to local attractions and transportation since we had brought train in from Vancouver. About 2 miles in taxi I think.
Disney Magic - November 2013
Disney Magic - January 2014
Disney Fantasy - June/July 2014

Anxiously Waiting for
Wonder - November 2014
Wonder - May 2015
Dream - November 2015
racingfandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #11
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

We stayed at the Blue Horizon.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #12
Gigi22
DIS Veteran

If you fly to Vancouver and arrive late, the airport Fairmont is also a really nice option. Very quiet, and lots of cabs to the port for embarkation the following day!
Old 12-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #13
Jimbob22
Earning My Ears

we stayed at 910 Beach Avenue. The biggest minus is that they only have a very simple continental breakfast and it was around a mile or so away from the port. It was clean, the price was good for the area, and it's very close to the jogging/bike path that goes to Stanley park, and also close to the small taxi boats that go to Granville Island.
Jimbob22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: