Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
Dad2Buzz
Earning My Ears

Passport question

Hello all,

I hope you can help me - we are travelling to Florida from the UK in a few months (wife + kids).

The problem is my wife's passport is still in her maiden name, I have booked everything in her maiden name (flights, accomm, tickets etc.). We have travelled a few times in Europe with no problems, but it just dawned on me that the US customs might be a bit more strict, which has made me panic.

She has changed every other form of ID to her married name - is their any chance that US customs will need to see anything in addition to her ticket and passport?

Also, will there be any issues with applying for her ESTA in her maiden name, even though technically the person with this name no longer exists other than a passport?

If anybody has an further advice they think we might need I would really appreciate it. Thanks

(P.S- I have searched the forums for information, but any relevant threads are very old now).

• June 2009 - DLP Hotel Santa Fe • June 2010 - DLP Newport Bay • July 2011 - DLP Sequoia Lodge

Dad2Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
Vickyrowe
Only 4 Months Until My Birthday Trip !!!!!

After my wedding in 2011 I flew to Florida under my maiden name , everything was booked in my maiden name as I was the lead passenger, although none of my other documents had come back in my married name yet. I could only see it as being a problem if your DW intends to drive a rental car and needs to show her passport as ID as well as her driving licence , Could you possibly take a copy of your marriage certificate with you to help with any confusion?
Vickyrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
Dad2Buzz
Earning My Ears

Hi, thanks for the reply. No chance she will drive abroad (too scared lol).

• June 2009 - DLP Hotel Santa Fe • June 2010 - DLP Newport Bay • July 2011 - DLP Sequoia Lodge

Old 12-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
Vickyrowe
Only 4 Months Until My Birthday Trip !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad2Buzz View Post
Hi, thanks for the reply. No chance she will drive abroad (too scared lol).
Me too LOL , I'm bad enough in this country , let alone on the other side of the road.
Vickyrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
LeaversOnTour
Mouseketeer

I travelled to the US using my maiden name about 3 times before I changed my passport, had an ESTA in my maiden name and flight ticket. But the hotels etc were all booked in my married name.

Never had any problems. They will only look at the form and the passport, which cross references the ESTA. As long as they are correct you shouldn't have any problems.

October 2005 - International Drive
November 2006 International Drive
October 2007 - International Drive
November 2008 - Our Honeymoon Port Oleans Riverside/I-Drive/Animal Kingdom Lodge
December 2009 Old Key west/Idrive Our DD's first trip (9 months old)3 weeks of bliss
January 2011 Old Key west/Idrive Our Other DD's first trip (just 3 months old) 4 weeks of bliss
January 2012 I-Drive/Old Key west 4 Weeks of bliss
January 2013 I Drive/Old Key west - Just us and the kids, DD Number 3's first trip 4 weeks of family fun
LeaversOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:34 AM   #6
BudgieMama
DIS Veteran

I travelled to New York in my maiden name this summer, and am booked for Florida next August in my maiden name too...

I was worried there would be a problem with using my credit card at my hotel, but I explained when we checked in my passport was in my maiden name so my room was in my maiden name (we booked it all through BA), but my card in my married name (and had my husband with same surname next to me). The receptionist told me not to worry- they are used to it.

Just make sure the passport/ticket/ESTA match.

Personally, I chose to book my Disney reservation in my maiden name, so it all tied up, as my passport is my only ID (I don't drive).

Our Trips Together: June 2009: Sicily * Honeymoon - August 2010: Lundy Island * August 2011: Lundy Island *
August 2012: North Wales * August 2013: New York * February 2014: Iceland
Upcoming: August 2014: WDW (first visit!) * October 2014: TBD
Lifelong Dream: PTR Report *** http://longsdisneytrip.blogspot.co.uk/
BudgieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:55 AM   #7
Dad2Buzz
Earning My Ears

Great, thanks everybody

Puts me at ease a bit. She has a valid passport after all.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:05 AM   #8
SilentK
Mouseketeer

I went to Florida 2 - 12 December with passport in my maiden name. Have fun.
SilentK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #9
Dad2Buzz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentK View Post
I went to Florida 2 - 12 December with passport in my maiden name. Have fun.
Thank you

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: