Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Hertz Gold - Car collection

Trying to get organised for our trip this week and got to car hire and realised I only have a email confirmation and no voucher for Hertz - is this right?

Also just double checking - we can go straight to the garage even though I want to add DH as an extra driver?

I am never normally this disorganised however with some recent family problems my Florida planning and organisation has been put on the bakc burner

Apr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
RDP
DIS Veteran

Would be interested to hear how you get on with Hertz gold. Plan to use it out of Miami next August.
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

We got back last week using them and wont use them again, we went straight to garage to a bay with our name on and the car was the tiniest in its class and staff were rude and wouldnt change. Took car back and got charged late fee and petrol yet car was full and two hours early back. Very rude staff and we will never use them again
Old 12-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs View Post
We got back last week using them and wont use them again, we went straight to garage to a bay with our name on and the car was the tiniest in its class and staff were rude and wouldnt change. Took car back and got charged late fee and petrol yet car was full and two hours early back. Very rude staff and we will never use them again
In all the years I have been on here I think this is the first complaint I have seen about Hertz.
I have used them 3 times now and by far the best company I have used so not good to read about your problems.

As a Gold member you should have been directed to the Gold choice area:

Gold Choice
Freedom to Choose - the confidence of knowing your car will be ready and waiting for you, plus the freedom to choose something different on the spot at no extra charge. Now, Hertz GoldTM members get the best of both worlds.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
orangetiggs

Thats what i read but after a huge wait through immigration and two screaming kids they just said its theonly car we have, very rude and the woman on the return was even worse!

Complaint has gone into hertz as i was charged for things i didnt need to be charged for, such as petrol, car was full and i had reciept and it being late yet was to ours early
Old 12-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thats what i read but after a huge wait through immigration and two screaming kids they just said its theonly car we have, very rude and the woman on the return was even worse!

Complaint has gone into hertz as i was charged for things i didnt need to be charged for, such as petrol, car was full and i had reciept and it being late yet was to ours early
When I collected in Miami for our Easter trip this year I noticed on the agreement they had charged me for a tank of gas, when I checked my Gold account settings they had me down to prepay for a tank on arrival and take back empty.
Thankfully I saw before returning so didn't matter, on returning home I went into my settings and removed the option to prepay, next collection from MCO in August was correct, they didn't charge me.
Have you checked your settings? they are different for USA rentals to UK/Europe rentals.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Old 12-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
orangetiggs

Yes mine all say no, i told them on exitiwould fill it up and when we returned the car they told me it wasnt full yet dial said otherwise so charged me $9 a gallon for thatplus late fees, yet i had a recipt for $50 and tank was full when i got out the car to let her get in

We queued there to complain but after half an hour of waiting he said he cant do anything as car had been driven away now.

Very unhelpful, will be back to dollar nextyear
Old 12-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Yes mine all say no, i told them on exitiwould fill it up and when we returned the car they told me it wasnt full yet dial said otherwise so charged me $9 a gallon for thatplus late fees, yet i had a recipt for $50 and tank was full when i got out the car to let her get in

We queued there to complain but after half an hour of waiting he said he cant do anything as car had been driven away now.

Very unhelpful, will be back to dollar nextyear
I am off Dollar, last 2 Minivans I have had have been wrecks, they are not replacing stock like they should, Can't believe I am going to say this but Alamo have been better than Dollar last few years.
Its all hit & miss with car rental companies, Get a bad agent or a bad car and you say never again but they can be totally different next time. I will just go with the cheapest but willing to pay a small premium for Hertz.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #9
Sencybil
What next?

We didn't have a 'voucher' either, just email confirmation, but i think all I showed was my driving licence at the exit. I asked about adding dh but they said he was automatically included and we didn't need to do anything, so no need to go to customer services or anything. Dh was driving as we exited, and it was clear that I was sitting in the passenger seat handing her my driving licence as the Gold member, so its not like she mixed us up.....

For return, the lady checked everything and signed us off as having no charges (for fuel etc) before we'd even finished getting our bags out, so I can't see any possibility for dispute doing it that way. Just keep your contract to hand when you give the car back, and then its all done and dusted very quickly.

We didn't have a choice of cars either as there wasn't anything else in our class (or bigger) by the time we picked up. I realised later they'd sent an email which had a link where I could have made a different selection if I'd opened it sooner (its a live link so I couldn't look later to see what we might have had). So if you can, and if its important, check your email as soon as you land. We had a Chevy - it was what they list as their typical Standard SUV. It was fine for us - but our 3 cases completely filled the boot, (hand luggage and buggy had to go on back seat and foot well) so would have caused problems if we'd been a 4 or 5. The car was fine in itself - leather interior, reversing camera, electric boot operation, great condition.

I'd definitely use Hertz again - we paid about £30 more than I could have got Alamo for, and I would pay that differential again for sure.

Hope you have a great trip.

Sencybil xx
Old 12-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #10
gavvy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
I am off Dollar, last 2 Minivans I have had have been wrecks, they are not replacing stock like they should, Can't believe I am going to say this but Alamo have been better than Dollar last few years.
Its all hit & miss with car rental companies, Get a bad agent or a bad car and you say never again but they can be totally different next time. I will just go with the cheapest but willing to pay a small premium for Hertz.
While I would still use Dollar/ Thrifty - my last rental the first 3 cars all said "oil change due" when I turned the ignition- all were over 35k milage the 4th Car had only 1 key and no keyring like you usually get so had to attach my own, as felt like I could loose it.- it was however a wicked metalic blue colour- v easy to spot in the parking lott

TBH I've noticed Alamo are not much better- they are all hanging onto cars longer.

Dollar is now owned by Hertz - will be interesting to compare what my next rental with them will be like in May - First time with Hertz...
gavvy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: