Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #1891
HairyChest
Mouseketeer

Whats the best garden view room to request that you can see the lagoon from?
Old 12-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #1892
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyChest View Post
I am not sure about best, but Sago is all GV rooms and one side is marina and the other faces the monorail. We had the monorail side and loved it. It was a quick walk to busses, qs, lobby and main pool. Feature pool was longer but not bad.

I am sure others will let you know there favs too

Does this mean you leaving Poly for a GF try soon?

I am still grateful for your posting of the new remodel pics of poly last march. Dd and loved it so I ended up back with dh too. monorail resorts!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #1893
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on this board for a while because GF is my dream resort to stay at some day, but today, my sis and I booked our first stay at the Grand! We've booked an RPC room next December! Not only will it be our first time at the Grand Floridian, but our first time club level also! I'm reading all the old posts and getting all caught up, but I wanted to jump in and share some of my excitement!

Courtney
Welcome Jewels1916 This is a great thread for learning about all things GRAND!! What a way to have your first GF stay.. I am sure that you and your sister will have a wonderful trip...

Staying club level really offers such a nice level of service..and it really makes a vacation even more relaxing... dont forget that you can contact the Itinerary Planning Office with questions...and for making ADRs too.. ( a nice perk of staying CL)...they are very helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Forgot to add....no shopping these last few days, Blue, due to visiting my parents in SC. I'll be hitting the mall the next two days tho, to catch up! Also, we've planned last minute to have our family get-together this coming Sunday, so there's also a menu to plan and groceries to buy...lots to do in a short time!

Ahcupcake, it's good to hear you're feeling better after being so sick!
Hey grannyminnie Hope that you had a good visit with your mom and dad...and that you are enjoying your family get together today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Orlando View Post
I'm sitting at the beach pool right now. A few minutes ago I noticed people taking pictures of something behind me. I turned around and saw a Bride and Groom in Cinderella's horse drawn carriage. They went around the VGF through the courtyard towards the wedding pavilion. I am so happy to be here!
How nice... Love seeing all of the festivities around the GF...especially the weddings... I didnt realize that you had a trip that was so close Candy Sorry that I mised your send off... Sounds like you are already having a wonderful time!! Enjoy every minute!! And thanks for popping in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Just got back in the house from our annual Christmas sleigh ride at a local farm....it is 9 degrees outside and the snow is falling from a storm that will dump 14" overnight.....

We had so much fun, but boy oh boy, such different fun than when we are at Disney!

GF dreamin'
Me too ....9 degrees..Brrrrr....that sure is cold! But sounds like a fun tradition...

MickeyNut Hey there!!

k&a&c'smom DD and I will be doing some baking later on today...and your yummy recipe will be one of the things that we are making...MickeyNut's peanut butter blossoms too...Thinking of you...Hope that your trip is going well...

BethClayton Hope that the job change has sunk in and that you are finally celebrating!

PrincessMocha I understand about that pack list..( mine gets longer every year) .... Sending some pixie dust for your MIL doing your laundry! LOL...

Sorry HairyChest Not really positive what GV rooms will give you views of the lagoon ...think that there might be some in Boca Chica..sort of facing towards Conch and the beginning of the boat dock area...Hopefully someone who has stayed in one will be able to answer...

Trisha I think that some of the rooms in Sago are bookable lagoon view also..or maybe even TPV?? Dont think that they are all considered GV...??? But who knows with the continually changing room categories...Used to be garden view or water view at the GF...in the simpler days! Now there just seem to be more room categories every year!

meredith Thanks for that info..I really wasnt sure...I avoid doing laundry on vacation...but if I can get PrincessMocha's MIL to join us that might change things..LOL...

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a super Sunday!

Last edited by BlueSkies; 12-15-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #1894
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Forgot to add....no shopping these last few days, Blue, due to visiting my parents in SC. I'll be hitting the mall the next two days tho, to catch up! Also, we've planned last minute to have our family get-together this coming Sunday, so there's also a menu to plan and groceries to buy...lots to do in a short time!
Hope you had a nice time visiting your parents. Also hope you have a great day today with your big family get together .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
Thank you, trishadono, k&a&c'smom, mickeynut1, princessmocha, grannieminnie,and blue skies, for your warm wishes about my job, and commiserating about the dog situation. i appreciate all your kind words! although i am still technically contracted until 1/1, yesterday was my last day to physically go to the old job (they can technically still call me back in but i doubt they would do that)... it is still not fully sinking in that i am finally DONE with that place! hopefully it really hits me soon because i really want to celebrate!

i loved reading about everyone's christmas preparations. that is something that i love about this time of year... it is the one time of year that most of the women who celebrate christmas are united in that we all have christmas prep in common.... whether we're wrapping or baking or buying or decorating, it's just kind of neat that for a month straight we're all doing essentially the same things. i can't think of any other time of year that we have that (at least not for weeks on end). today i plan to get the christmas cards addressed and ready to mail and possibly bake some kiffles (a filled cookie)... i have had the dough ready for several days but haven't pulled the trigger on the baking because they are so labor intensive.

i hope you all have a wonderful day! it is freezing here but we have snow on the ground, so that makes up for it.
Glad your old job is finished and that you can now move on to a better one . How is your lab doing? I hope things are going ok .

I agree about this time of year. Christmas has always been my favorite time of year for many reasons (some of which you have stated ).

It is freezing here too and we have about 4" of snow on the ground. Not my favorite kind of weather, but it is always nice to have snow around during Christmas time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
Thanks everyone for being so welcoming! I don't know that I have many questions right now, mostly I'm just drooling over pics since I can't do much planning yet. I do have a couple of questions about the perks of club level, because we've never stayed club level before. We wanted to stay in the main building, so that's what we booked. The fact that it was club level was kind of a second thought. So now I have to research club level and what all that entails!

Courtney
You will love RPC. One suggestion I have is that if you find there is something you want/need, don't hesitate to ask any of the CL CMs as they are all amazing and are always willing to help .

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmocha View Post
We are making our first appearance at the Grand in about a week.

Quote:
We are now at our new vacation home. The VGF is beautiful.
Hope you're having a great time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyChest View Post
As BlueSkies posted, I also think Boca Chica might have some lagoon views. We haven't stayed in that building so I can't say for sure, but hopefully someone who has stayed will be able to confirm or correct that .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 12-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #1895
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
MickeyNut Hey there!!

k&a&c'smom DD and I will be doing some baking later on today...and your yummy recipe will be one of the things that we are making...MickeyNut's peanut butter blossoms too...
Hey Blue . I thought I quoted you in my post above, but after it posted I realized I didn't....guess it's that kind of day . Have fun baking with your DD.....can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than having some mother/daughter time getting ready for the holidays. Baking is on my agenda today too.....and PB blossoms are at the top of the list .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 12-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #1896
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:

MickeyNut Hey there!!

k&a&c'smom DD and I will be doing some baking later on today...and your yummy recipe will be one of the things that we are making...MickeyNut's peanut butter blossoms too...Thinking of you...Hope that your trip is going well...

BethClayton Hope that the job change has sunk in and that you are finally celebrating!

PrincessMocha I understand about that pack list..( mine gets longer every year) .... Sending some pixie dust for your MIL doing your laundry! LOL...

Sorry HairyChest Not really positive what GV rooms will give you views of the lagoon ...think that there might be some in Boca Chica..sort of facing towards Conch and the beginning of the boat dock area...Hopefully someone who has stayed in one will be able to answer...

Trisha I think that some of the rooms in Sago are bookable lagoon view also..or maybe even TPV?? Dont think that they are all considered GV...??? But who knows with the continually changing room categories...Used to be garden view or water view at the GF...in the simpler days! Now there just seem to be more room categories every year!

meredith Thanks for that info..I really wasnt sure...I avoid doing laundry on vacation...but if I can get PrincessMocha's MIL to join us that might change things..LOL...

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a super Sunday!
That just about made me spew coffee at the computer this morning! Maybe she will!

Old 12-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #1897
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

PrincessM

So has anyone heard anything on the upcoming refurbishemnts??? Any new news or rumors???

MickeyNut I agree..enjoyed the mother/daughter time...the baking..and today the eating of the baked good..LOL... We had our GF music going..Christian Frederick..of course..and lets not forget music from the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra..It was a Grand day!

CandyOrlando Hope that you are having lots of fun..looking forward to hearing all about your VGF stay...

grannyminnie Are you recuperating from yesterdays family get together ..You have been a party animal lately!!! I think that you are going to need lots of lounge lizard (that just cracks me up... ) time on your next GF trip to rest up!!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a magical Monday!

Old 12-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #1898
HairyChest
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post

Does this mean you leaving Poly for a GF try soon?

I am still grateful for your posting of the new remodel pics of poly last march. Dd and loved it so I ended up back with dh too. monorail resorts!

Ive been made an offer on the grand floridian rooms that i cant refuse so im booking it plus the fact that polys pool is going to close. Who knows, maybe i'll be a convert. Also there was a few pictures i saw that tugged on my poly heart from this board. Dont remember who posted them but here they are:

How could someone not want to stay there
Old 12-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #1899
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

HairyChest That beach area has changed significantly since the construction of the VGF...It is much smaller...and I don't recall seeing any of those lounges on the beach during our last trip?? Not sure if they have been put back more recently??

I am not positive..but I think the view in that balcony pic is a marina view room from Conch Key..which I think is considered a GV??

Changed beach area or not..I agree..how could someone not want to stay there...

Last edited by BlueSkies; 12-16-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #1900
HairyChest
Mouseketeer

Even if its changed these pics gave me the FEEL of the resort and I LOVE the feel its giving me.

All the pics i seen before was the lobby and the rooms but the grounds are BEAUTIFUL. Hammock on the beach and lagoon view from the pool , light airy feel, that totally got me.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:33 AM   #1901
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Hello, fellow GF lovers!! Sorry I've been MIA, I'm up here in cold and snowy Chicago for another few days, had to pop in and see what everyone is up to.

My DH has kindly informed me he was in shirt sleeves yesterday, running a leaf blower and working up a sweat! It was in the upper 60s at home, waaaah!! Supposed to continue with 50s-60s until I head home on Friday, of course.

I haven't read back to my last post, but it sounds like everyone is in baking mode. beth, your post made me feel warm and fuzzy, thinking of everyone all doing the same things at once. I'm so glad you are finished with such a stressful and despised job. Good for you, I'm so happy for you!!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 12-17-2013, 06:31 AM   #1902
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
PrincessM

So has anyone heard anything on the upcoming refurbishemnts??? Any new news or rumors???

MickeyNut I agree..enjoyed the mother/daughter time...the baking..and today the eating of the baked good..LOL... We had our GF music going..Christian Frederick..of course..and lets not forget music from the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra..It was a Grand day!

CandyOrlando Hope that you are having lots of fun..looking forward to hearing all about your VGF stay...

grannyminnie Are you recuperating from yesterdays family get together ..You have been a party animal lately!!! I think that you are going to need lots of lounge lizard (that just cracks me up... ) time on your next GF trip to rest up!!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a magical Monday!
Hey, Blue! Yes, thanks for asking...I have recovered! It's always a tiring but rewarding experience for me, to do a family dinner. One of my stepsons and his wife had to cancel at the last minute because they had car trouble, and we missed them, but everyone else had fun. Me a party animal?! I have never thought of myself as that, but "lounge lizard", I'll gladly be!! Matter of fact, when my sister has had a bad day, she'll email "meet me in the lounge (or lobby)"!
Are you having fun with your DD? I have not done a stitch of baking yet! Not one cookie! But, my BFF supplied me with a great selection of the fruits of her labor the other day when we met at Cheesecake Factory. Yummo!

Mickeynut, did you get to do your baking?

Is everyone else in the Christmas spirit? Mousemommy1, that sleigh ride sounds so Christmas-y, but NOT if it was 9 degrees!! Yikes!

Hi, Candy Orlando, are you still in Florida?

Old 12-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #1903
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

Yes, I'm still here. We checked in on Friday. We will be here until this Friday.

Sunday night we went to the premier of Saving Mr. Banks at Hollywood Studios. They served popcorn and soda and we had our photo taken with Mary Poppins and a Penguin after the movie. It was a lot of fun to be in the studios after it closed.

Monday afternoon we went to the Merry Mixer at Epcot. They had music with games and dancing and I won a VGF pin. They served hot chocolate and cookies and we had our photo taken with Mr. and Mrs. Claus. They gave us a beautiful Christmas ornament.

We will be going to Welcome Home Wednesday tomorrow.

It's fun to be a Disney Vacation Club member.

The one bedroom villa at the VGF is beautiful. We will also be back in Jan. for a week.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #1904
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Hello, fellow GF lovers!! Sorry I've been MIA, I'm up here in cold and snowy Chicago for another few days, had to pop in and see what everyone is up to.

My DH has kindly informed me he was in shirt sleeves yesterday, running a leaf blower and working up a sweat! It was in the upper 60s at home, waaaah!! Supposed to continue with 50s-60s until I head home on Friday, of course.

I haven't read back to my last post, but it sounds like everyone is in baking mode. beth, your post made me feel warm and fuzzy, thinking of everyone all doing the same things at once. I'm so glad you are finished with such a stressful and despised job. Good for you, I'm so happy for you!!
BRRRR . . . I bet Chicago is cold, cold, cold . . . That wasn't very nice of DH to rub in that he was in warmer weather! I am hoping that it stays warm for you when head home!

Quote:
Hey, Blue! Yes, thanks for asking...I have recovered! It's always a tiring but rewarding experience for me, to do a family dinner. One of my stepsons and his wife had to cancel at the last minute because they had car trouble, and we missed them, but everyone else had fun. Me a party animal?! I have never thought of myself as that, but "lounge lizard", I'll gladly be!! Matter of fact, when my sister has had a bad day, she'll email "meet me in the lounge (or lobby)"!
Are you having fun with your DD? I have not done a stitch of baking yet! Not one cookie! But, my BFF supplied me with a great selection of the fruits of her labor the other day when we met at Cheesecake Factory. Yummo!

Mickeynut, did you get to do your baking?

Is everyone else in the Christmas spirit? Mousemommy1, that sleigh ride sounds so Christmas-y, but NOT if it was 9 degrees!! Yikes!

Hi, Candy Orlando, are you still in Florida?
I will be in the Christmas Spirit as soon as we hit Florida sometime tomorrow! I am done with the snow and want to see some palm tree for Christmas this year!

Quote:
Yes, I'm still here. We checked in on Friday. We will be here until this Friday.

Sunday night we went to the premier of Saving Mr. Banks at Hollywood Studios. They served popcorn and soda and we had our photo taken with Mary Poppins and a Penguin after the movie. It was a lot of fun to be in the studios after it closed.

Monday afternoon we went to the Merry Mixer at Epcot. They had music with games and dancing and I won a VGF pin. They served hot chocolate and cookies and we had our photo taken with Mr. and Mrs. Claus. They gave us a beautiful Christmas ornament.

The one bedroom villa at the VGF is beautiful. We will also be back in Jan. for a week.
That movie premiere sounds wonderful! We are just going to miss each other by a couple days. While we get into the area tomorrow night, we are not checking into the Grand until Sunday. I have to go visit Harry Potter first! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

In less than 24 hours we will be on the road, heading to warmer pastures . . . I can't wait. I need to finish packing, which is that I need to start packing. It look like a tornado hit my living room. It is slightly organized chaos. I just need to get it into the suitcases! We are so close to leaving, I can almost smell the gingerbread!!!!

Old 12-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #1905
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh goodness, it sounds as if you are having a magical time! Mary Poppins has always been one of my all-time favorite Disney characters, and I would have been so happy to see the premiere of Saving Mr. Banks the way you did! I wish it fit into my budget to be a DVC member...

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: