Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

I've finally started my TR. Universal now Complete.

Because I'm finding it such fun taking a trip down memory lane, my TR is becoming a bit long-winded. Grab yourself a cuppa, and happy reading.

1. Introduction

2. A review of 3 different Airlines

3. Hard Rock Hotel

4. Universal Citiwalk

5. Disney vs Universal

6. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

7. Universal Studios

8. Islands of Adventure

9. Introduction to the Fantasy

10. Our Stateroom

11. Palo: Food Glorious Food!

12. St Martin

Last edited by WanderlustNZ; 12-18-2013 at 02:00 AM.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
heidispidi
Mouseketeer

Oh I am loving this TR already! Looking forward to reading more.

heidispidi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Loving the TR so far Wanderlust! You have a really entertaining and informative way of writing, and your photos are awesome!

I thoroughly enjoyed your airline review section, as we are currently weighing up all the options for our trip next year. ANZ always seems to be cheaper than Qantas (as do most other airlines in the world at the moment!). It was also interesting reading about the Skycouch. I have the same problem as you on flights, I don't need to 'lie flat', I just want to put my feet up. I'm wondering if the Skycouch would be worth it just for that. I was disappointed with Qantas's footrest options in premium economy, and that was a lot more expensive an upgrade than $200!

I agree completely about Virgin America. We flew 2 domestic flights with them and enjoyed both immensely. We haven't flown AA yet, but have still somehow managed to become platinum members with their FF program. Which means if we did fly with them, we would get added perks like free checked luggage and priority boarding.

I'm also enjoying reading about Universal, and looking forward to the next instalment

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
aussie shaz
DIS Veteran

Absolutely loving your TR. can't wait for more!
Old 12-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

YAY! You've started. Love the updates and the pictures and I'll be here for more.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #6
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran

Oh yay, will be great to read another Kiwi's perspective
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #7
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

I'm reading along as well
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Jan 2015 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:17 AM   #8
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Welcome and thanks everyone for your kind words.

I have just added two more posts including one on Harry Potter Land.

Two more Universal posts to go and then I'll move on the Disney Fantasy. Something tells me that this is going to be a long process.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:22 AM   #9
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Loving the TR so far Wanderlust! You have a really entertaining and informative way of writing, and your photos are awesome!

I thoroughly enjoyed your airline review section, as we are currently weighing up all the options for our trip next year. ANZ always seems to be cheaper than Qantas (as do most other airlines in the world at the moment!). It was also interesting reading about the Skycouch. I have the same problem as you on flights, I don't need to 'lie flat', I just want to put my feet up. I'm wondering if the Skycouch would be worth it just for that. I was disappointed with Qantas's footrest options in premium economy, and that was a lot more expensive an upgrade than $200!
Thanks Zanzibar.

The leg rest part of the skycouch does make the seat more comfortable. For two adults, Air NZ also offer the option of buying two skycouch seats at full price and then the third for a highly reduced rate. This could be an option as you would easily have the room to turn sideways and prop your legs up. For two travellers this is a nice (and cheaper) alternative to Premium economy.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #10
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

I've finally finished all my Universal Posts. Next up: Disney Fantasy
Old 12-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #11
PrincessInOz
in

Love the updates.

We had lunch at Mythos too and thought the food was great. I can see why it deserves it's reputation as the best place to eat in any theme park.

And DH and I agreed. If we were ever in the area, next time, we need to spend at least 4 nights on-site and take our time at the theme parks.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 12-16-2013, 01:09 AM   #12
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Love the updates.

We had lunch at Mythos too and thought the food was great. I can see why it deserves it's reputation as the best place to eat in any theme park.

And DH and I agreed. If we were ever in the area, next time, we need to spend at least 4 nights on-site and take our time at the theme parks.
Thanks PIO. I just went and re-read that last post and was horrified that I sent it to publication with so many grammatical errors. The heat wave here must have made me even drowsier than I thought, as even the title was poorly written. Hopefully it's all fixed up now.

I'm looking forward to when you reach that part of your TR so I can enjoy the Universal experience from a different perspective.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:16 AM   #13
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
Thanks PIO. I just went and re-read that last post and was horrified that I sent it to publication with so many grammatical errors. The heat wave here must have made me even drowsier than I thought, as even the title was poorly written. Hopefully it's all fixed up now.

I'm looking forward to when you reach that part of your TR so I can enjoy the Universal experience from a different perspective.
I must have read it in that drowsy state as well...didn't notice anything grammatically incorrect.

As you said....it is going to be a long process. It's going to take a bit before I even hit UO. Still have a week of road trip and then WDW to go.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #14
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Great updates I'm with your DH, simulator rides make me sick too And I've heard the Harry Potter ride is one of the worst around. Did he try taking motion sickness tablets?

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:33 AM   #15
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Great updates I'm with your DH, simulator rides make me sick too And I've heard the Harry Potter ride is one of the worst around. Did he try taking motion sickness tablets?
No but in retrospect he should have. The doctor had prescribed some incase DS got sick on the ship (which he didn't). I think we'll take them on our next trip and DH can take one before we go to Universal Hollywood.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: