Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #1876
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on this board for a while because GF is my dream resort to stay at some day, but today, my sis and I booked our first stay at the Grand! We've booked an RPC room next December! Not only will it be our first time at the Grand Floridian, but our first time club level also! I'm reading all the old posts and getting all caught up, but I wanted to jump in and share some of my excitement!

Courtney
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

Old 12-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #1877
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyllis1966 View Post
We've had dormer rooms quite a few times in Conch Key, probably because were a family of three and they must figure larger families need the extra space. They are only slightly smaller (we never really noticed), but they have a cathedral ceiling which is really lovely and makes the room feel special. The closed in balcony never really bothered us.

Have a great time!

We've had a couple of dormer rooms (just my sis and me) and I don't really care for them. They seem smaller to me, even if they are not, and I don't like the closed balcony either.

Hello to all...I've been out of town since Monday morning and am skimming to catch up.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #1878
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on this board for a while because GF is my dream resort to stay at some day, but today, my sis and I booked our first stay at the Grand! We've booked an RPC room next December! Not only will it be our first time at the Grand Floridian, but our first time club level also! I'm reading all the old posts and getting all caught up, but I wanted to jump in and share some of my excitement!

Courtney
Welcome to the GF thread . Congrats on booking the GF. You are going to love RPC. I've stayed RPC, SL, and GV and while anywhere at the Grand is wonderful, RPC is just amazing . Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have as there are some very nice (as well as informative) GF experts on this thread .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 12-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #1879
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Hello to all...I've been out of town since Monday morning and am skimming to catch up.
Hi grannyminnie ....we were posting at the same time.....LOL. Glad to "see" you back....hope you had a nice time away .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 12-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #1880
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Forgot to add....no shopping these last few days, Blue, due to visiting my parents in SC. I'll be hitting the mall the next two days tho, to catch up! Also, we've planned last minute to have our family get-together this coming Sunday, so there's also a menu to plan and groceries to buy...lots to do in a short time!

Ahcupcake, it's good to hear you're feeling better after being so sick!

Old 12-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #1881
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

LOVE the pics, k&a&c'smom and DisneyDmbNut!

Thank you, trishadono, k&a&c'smom, mickeynut1, princessmocha, grannieminnie,and blue skies, for your warm wishes about my job, and commiserating about the dog situation. i appreciate all your kind words! although i am still technically contracted until 1/1, yesterday was my last day to physically go to the old job (they can technically still call me back in but i doubt they would do that)... it is still not fully sinking in that i am finally DONE with that place! hopefully it really hits me soon because i really want to celebrate!

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Courtney
welcome, and congrats! this is very exciting! rpc is just amazing. i have no doubt you'll love it. i think i have some pics and videos from flickr and youtube towards the beginning of this thread. i wish i were going to be there next december!!

i loved reading about everyone's christmas preparations. that is something that i love about this time of year... it is the one time of year that most of the women who celebrate christmas are united in that we all have christmas prep in common.... whether we're wrapping or baking or buying or decorating, it's just kind of neat that for a month straight we're all doing essentially the same things. i can't think of any other time of year that we have that (at least not for weeks on end). today i plan to get the christmas cards addressed and ready to mail and possibly bake some kiffles (a filled cookie)... i have had the dough ready for several days but haven't pulled the trigger on the baking because they are so labor intensive.

i hope you all have a wonderful day! it is freezing here but we have snow on the ground, so that makes up for it.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #1882
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming! I don't know that I have many questions right now, mostly I'm just drooling over pics since I can't do much planning yet. I do have a couple of questions about the perks of club level, because we've never stayed club level before. We wanted to stay in the main building, so that's what we booked. The fact that it was club level was kind of a second thought. So now I have to research club level and what all that entails!

Courtney
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

Old 12-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #1883
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks everyone for being so welcoming! I don't know that I have many questions right now, mostly I'm just drooling over pics since I can't do much planning yet. I do have a couple of questions about the perks of club level, because we've never stayed club level before. We wanted to stay in the main building, so that's what we booked. The fact that it was club level was kind of a second thought. So now I have to research club level and what all that entails!

Courtney
Hi Courtney!

There is lots of info on CL here. Also check out the CL thread too. I have been very lucky and the last few years I have tried Poly, CR and both GF CL's.

I really like it for short trips. I find for the money you want to use the lounge which kind of keeps you close to resort. That works good with us because we go often but I would get bored after 3 or 4 days. I loved all of the CL's but the main building was really special for dh and I for anniversary

As a mom I like being able to grab a quick bite for breakfast and still have time to get to parks for rope drop.

Also the extra space for mornings is nice. Dh can sit in lounge with coffee, lazy ds lay in bed with TV and dd and I hog the bath area

I love a glass of wine in the afternoon when on vacation and beer and wine available upon request

The kids like to grab a cookie or drink when getting back to the hotel.

We love getting dressed up and heading to lounge at 5pm

DESSERTS!!!! 8-10. Grab one and put in frig for next day if not a night eater. I usually like a treat with my afternoon wine

And GF has the bonus of tea time at 2:30. That is dd (me too) FAVORITE!!! Even dh enjoyed the scones.

Something else to consider, sometimes I just book the last day or few at CL. That way we hit the parks hard in the beginning of trip and then relax at the end. Since you have access to the lounge the day of check in you can grab breakfast and check in early then have lounge access until the room is ready

Well, have fun researching!

Trish

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 12-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #1884
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyab View Post
I noticed they have self serve laundry at the GF.... are they coin operated?
Yes, coins-quarters specifically and no change machines. Two dollars to run the wash and two dollars to run the dryer.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
Old 12-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #1885
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Courtney
We are making our first appearance at the Grand in about a week. It has always been a dream of mine to stay there too. I can't wait. Everyone on this board is wonderful and has tons of info. Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
Yes, coins-quarters specifically and no change machines. Two dollars to run the wash and two dollars to run the dryer.
This is good to know . . . My MIL was wondering this too. Maybe she will do my laundry while we are there!

I am getting so close and my list of what needs to be done and packed keeps getting longer and longer and longer . . . But soon it will all be better and I will be in sunny WDW.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #1886
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

We are now at our new vacation home. The VGF is beautiful. It is very similar to our home in Massachusetts. I'm so happy!!!
Old 12-14-2013, 07:22 AM   #1887
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Orlando View Post
We are now at our new vacation home. The VGF is beautiful. It is very similar to our home in Massachusetts. I'm so happy!!!
SO happy for you! We can't wait to try it too! Just a few weeks now!

Looks like you will have great weather, lucky girl!

Hey I was researching for the Holiday stuff to be up for our 1/1 arrival and new this year is a Christmas themed Jungle Cruise at MK. I was there and missed it in November so I can't tell you what it is but wish I had seen it.

Have a wonderful trip!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 12-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #1888
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

I'm sitting at the beach pool right now. A few minutes ago I noticed people taking pictures of something behind me. I turned around and saw a Bride and Groom in Cinderella's horse drawn carriage. They went around the VGF through the courtyard towards the wedding pavilion. I am so happy to be here!
Old 12-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #1889
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

What a beautiful visual!
Thanks for posting and have a continued wonderful stay.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #1890
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Just got back in the house from our annual Christmas sleigh ride at a local farm....it is 9 degrees outside and the snow is falling from a storm that will dump 14" overnight.....

We had so much fun, but boy oh boy, such different fun than when we are at Disney!

GF dreamin'

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: