Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #1
October 2014 Bride
Earning My Ears

Help - Is it possible to transfer UK Park Hopper passes when staying on site?

Hi everyone,
I am going to Disney in October next year to get married. My brother works for a travel agency so both mine and my future husband's family had to book the same UK package to take advantage of his staff discount. This package included a 14 day park hopper pass and free Disney Dining. We are staying on site at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

As part of my wedding package we get a free annual pass which we plan to activate in March when we have our wedding planning session. Myself and my fiance therefore won't need our 14 day park hopper pass when we are in Orlando for our wedding in October. A couple of my friends who are coming to the wedding cannot afford to come to Disney at all (as they are already spending a fortune travelling to Florida). I would really like to be able to transfer the 14 day tickets to them as we wont be using them. I understand it is possible to transfer tickets but I'm not sure how this would work in this circumstance? Does anyone know if this is allowed and how it would work? I'm worried that as tickets are linked to dining and room keys this wont be possible. As we would like to keep the dining and only transfer the entry tickets. Any help would be very much appreciated or if you could point me in the right direction of who to ask? P.s my friends are staying off site.
Thanks
October 2014 Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

In theory you should be able to give the tickets to your friends to use however with the move to everything being managed through MDE I am not sure how it will work.

In the past you would get the tickets when you checked in on your KTTW cards and you could just ask for the tickets to be separated off and put on different cards. You would have then given these cards to your friends.

Now everything is on your MDE account - I don't know how easy it will be to remove from you an allocate to them.

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
BudgieMama
DIS Veteran

Our UK Park Hopper tickets that were part of our package say "Non-Transferrable" on them on our MDE. It might be worth checking if yours do/don't, as that might give you a clue.

Good luck! I hope you can! *fingers crossed*
Upcoming: October 2014: Yorkshire/Blackpool * February 2015: Iceland
Lifelong Dream: PTR Report *** Living the Dream Trip Report *** http://longsdisneytrip.blogspot.co.uk/
BudgieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
scottish mum
We still have 2 posties in shorts
I'm still learning how to work it

I would think that your free ddp will also be linked to your tickets
Disneyland Paris 1994, 1997, 2004, 2009
fort wilderness cabins september 2008
Beach Club October 2010

scottish mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish mum View Post
I would think that your free ddp will also be linked to your tickets
You don't have to use your tickets at the same time as your DDP - we have saved ours in the past and upgraded them later to APs.

The issue the OP will have is getting her tickets off her MDE account so her friend can use them - they are transferable up until their first use.

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
chmurf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post
The issue the OP will have is getting her tickets off her MDE account so her friend can use them - they are transferable up until their first use.
sorry to disagree, but UK ultimate tickets are non-transferable no matter when or how, if they are part of a package (might have been before, but since MDE that's the "policy")

They are matched to the guest, and even more so since the purchase of tickets as part of a package entitles to an accomodation discount (smallish but discount nonetheless)
Furthermore, the dining plan requires for a ticket to be linked and active on the guest's package. Taking the tickets off the package is equal to reverting to a room only reservation, thus it would also take away the DDP.

Only tickets sold separately can be transfered (MDE won't let you match them to another guest, even within your own party, registered on the package)

OP will be allowed to keep their tickets for another trip, but only as part of their MDE account. But bear in mind that those tickets are not valid before the check in date (no early ticket collection) and need to be activated before December 31st of the year they're purchased for, or they expire.

Only other solution is iffy at best.
OP would need to give their KTTWs or MBs to their friends, in order for them to enter the park (they would need to scan their fingerprints on activation) and OP would use his AP, granted that it's still separate from the MB, which is not guaranteed by the time he goes.
That would cause issues with DDP credits, and with FP+ reservation, if it's possible at all.

But last time I asked (last october) UK ulltimate tickets could not be taken off a package and transfered to another MDE account or another guest.
They're specifically tied to the guests.

So unless Disney changes their policy, or makes an exception, it's not possible.
Doesn't hurt to ask Disney though, but I wouldn't bet on it.

feb-mar 2012 : POP
oct-nov 2012 : POP/CBR
oct-nov 2013 : AoA/POR

Last edited by chmurf; 12-11-2013 at 09:24 PM.
chmurf is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: