Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #1786
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker Pam View Post
Quick question.
We have a split stay, 2 nights at AOA before going to POR,
If I put my POR tags on will they deliver my checked bag to POR and hold it until I arrive so that I don't have to mess with it.
Nope. Your DME reservation is tied to your active resort reservation. Since you won't have an active POR reservation for two days, they won't take the bags there. They could very well end up staying at MCO.
Put the AoA tags on, leave them packed, and then the day your POR reservation starts, have AoA move them over to POR. It won't be quick, but they'll get there.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:01 AM   #1787
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLyn View Post
Figured it out! My tags were sent out as soon as I put in the request online. Because I did it myself online they were sent out priority, if I did it over the phone they wouldn't have been sent out until 45 days before arrival. The voucher book won't be "generated" and mailed out until the 45 day mark.
That's different. I've always made my DME reservation online....I have never received my tags earlier than my booklet! I always get them together.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #1788
Tinker Pam
Stalker of the Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Nope. Your DME reservation is tied to your active resort reservation. Since you won't have an active POR reservation for two days, they won't take the bags there. They could very well end up staying at MCO.
Put the AoA tags on, leave them packed, and then the day your POR reservation starts, have AoA move them over to POR. It won't be quick, but they'll get there.
Thank you, that's why I asked, didn't want my luggage just floating about.

Tinker Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #1789
kstrayer8
Disney Princess at Heart

Didn't search this entire thread, so not sure if my question was previously answered, but I am wondering if the Magic Express takes you only to your hotel, or if you can go to a park. Our plane lands at 9:30 and check in isnt until 3pm. I've already done online check in. So do I need to go to the hotel first? I also have magic bands so not sure if I have to go get them activated before at the hotel or not? Thanks
Old 11-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #1790
Nancy F
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstrayer8 View Post
Didn't search this entire thread, so not sure if my question was previously answered, but I am wondering if the Magic Express takes you only to your hotel, or if you can go to a park. Our plane lands at 9:30 and check in isnt until 3pm. I've already done online check in. So do I need to go to the hotel first? I also have magic bands so not sure if I have to go get them activated before at the hotel or not? Thanks
As far as I know ME only goes to the Resorts.
Nancy
Old 11-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #1791
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ME only goes to the resorts. You can check in before the official check-in time, but your room might not be ready yet. Just leave your luggage with Bell Services and head off to a park.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #1792
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DME will only take you to your resort, but you can check in as early as 6:30 am so it won't be a problem.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #1793
Disneyjoey
Earning My Ears

Can just use the DME to go back to the airport for the trip home? We are at universal first for a few days before checking in at Pop?
Disneyjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #1794
kstorms27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyjoey View Post
Can just use the DME to go back to the airport for the trip home? We are at universal first for a few days before checking in at Pop?
Yes! We were just there in September and rented a car at the airport so we could visit family in Fort Myers. After that we went to Disney, droped off the rental, and took DME to the airport the day we went home. Easy!
Old 11-08-2013, 05:35 AM   #1795
Disneyjoey
Earning My Ears

Thanks kstorms27 we've rented a car also and going to drop it off the day before heading home.
Disneyjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #1796
kstorms27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyjoey View Post
Thanks kstorms27 we've rented a car also and going to drop it off the day before heading home.
No Problem! Have a great time!
Old 11-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #1797
milwaukee1
Mouseketeer

question. we are doing a split stay so i received two sets of me tags. one for the first day and one for the day after. if i need more tags can i use the later dated tags? will those get picked up and delivered the same time as the others? we are at the same resort for the whole stay. thanks for any help in advance!
milwaukee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #1798
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukee1 View Post
question. we are doing a split stay so i received two sets of me tags. one for the first day and one for the day after. if i need more tags can i use the later dated tags? will those get picked up and delivered the same time as the others? we are at the same resort for the whole stay. thanks for any help in advance!
No. They would be delivered to the wrong resort and, since it would be before your check-in, you run the risk of your bags being lost in the shuffle. You should call DME and request more tags for the first part of your stay.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #1799
atcNick
Mouseketeer

Just realized we only got one luggage tag per person. We leave in two days. We need more. Guess I'll just have to give them my luggage claim ticket
Old 12-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #1800
EWL
In Pursuit of Enchanted Tiki Birds

Just called DVC with a ME question and this doesn't sound right-- we were initially at AKV/Kidani and they sent out luggage tags for ME that say Kidani. Our wait list just cleared for Jambo so our reservation is now switched. DVC changed the info in the system but is saying to still use the Kidani luggage tags. Won't that end up with our luggage going to Kidani? They say no, but this doesn't sound right to me....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: