Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
gymnasticsrocks
Earning My Ears

Room Only then add tickets

I am looking to book a room only reservation, then purchase park tickets later. However, I do not want a package, but I would like to link everything together (room, tickets, dining, etc).

Is there a way to do this without the reservation becoming a package??
gymnasticsrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
siskaren
DIS Veteran

If you want dining, you would have to get a package. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by linking everything together, though. Booking a room onsite will get you the Magic Bands, and you can then link your tickets to that once you get them, if that's what you mean.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

And if you book ADRs for table-service restaurants, you can link them to your room-only reservation and they will show up in My Disney Experience.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #4
gymnasticsrocks
Earning My Ears

I just meant dining reservations, not the dining plan. I guess I want to have the room reservation and tickets purchased ahead of time, but I don't want a package. I would like to be able to "link" everything through the MDE (Does that make sense?)
gymnasticsrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
btk2333
BCV DVC owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymnasticsrocks View Post
I just meant dining reservations, not the dining plan. I guess I want to have the room reservation and tickets purchased ahead of time, but I don't want a package. I would like to be able to "link" everything through the MDE (Does that make sense?)
Yes you can do this. You book the room only reservation. Then buy your tickets separately an link them in mde. And when you make adrs you can link them too. We only book room only because we have aps but sometimes travel with people who don't so we've had to link all kinda of tickets to mde. It's pretty easy to do (as easy as anything on mde).
Old 12-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #6
Bonacker
Mouseketeer

I did this, and as far as I'm concerned it saved me a ton of money. Here's how I did it:

Went to Disney website.

Clicked on "special offers" in tiny print on lower left-hand side;

then clicked on "winter room only" special (not the play, stay dine pacakge that was then being offered);

This brought me to a reservation-booking page that automatically had the coding for the room-only winter rate.

I plugged in my dates, chose my resort.... and then was offered to add as few or as many days of park tix as I wanted, plus the DDp dining plan of my choice.

This gave me a considerably lower total cost than I got when I experimented and input the very same dates and rooms, etc., via the package-booking link.

Maybe his was a fluke? I don't know, but it certainly saved us hundreds, and as a result we're going to Polynesian, which I thought we couldn't afford.

Anyway, I've been able on MyDisneyExperience to link all my ADRs and tix bought independently for both the Poly part of our trip and the AKL Villas part of our triup (booked totally separately). So I'm sure you can, regardless of how you buy them.
Bonacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymnasticsrocks View Post
I am looking to book a room only reservation, then purchase park tickets later. However, I do not want a package, but I would like to link everything together (room, tickets, dining, etc).

Is there a way to do this without the reservation becoming a package??
Yes, we did this. We booked a room only reservation. When the 180 days before our check in date came, we booked dining reservations. Then when we got close to the 60 days before check in period, I called Disney and bought park tickets. The tickets appeared in our MDE account while I was still on the phone. This does not make it a package when you add them this way. You can also buy the tickets from an outside vendor and link them, too. Once you have tickets linked you'll be able to make fp+ selections when the 60 day window opens.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #8
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Be careful with that with the magic bands. I first purchased my resort with one day of MK tickets to get the discount being offered (weekend/week after thanksgiving, 2013) and went back later to add the tickets w/ park hopper. My magic bands didn't work at all the entire time we were in the parks. My only saving grace was that I had my plans printed off of MDE and those were honored at the FP+ lines. Otherwise, our trip would have been a disaster with none of our FP+ times being honored.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #9
lynnirene
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1
Be careful with that with the magic bands. I first purchased my resort with one day of MK tickets to get the discount being offered (weekend/week after thanksgiving, 2013) and went back later to add the tickets w/ park hopper. My magic bands didn't work at all the entire time we were in the parks. My only saving grace was that I had my plans printed off of MDE and those were honored at the FP+ lines. Otherwise, our trip would have been a disaster with none of our FP+ times being honored.
Thanks for the info and warning! I will be in a similar situation, so I will be sure to print up as much as I can before we go.
lynnirene is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: