Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #1
tsabs22
Earning My Ears

Coronado Springs during a CPC Convention?

My fiance and I are heading to Disney for 5 nights starting January 12th. We have a standard room booked at Coronado Springs Resort. Stayed at Carribean Beach Resort two years ago and loved it, however wanted to switch it up this year. I notice there is a CPC convention going on from Jan 15th to the 18th. I read up on it, and its a a children's ministry network group. Its a adults only convention. Will this have a huge effect on my last two days at the resort? Wondering if maybe I should go back to Carribean beach or find a different place. Really wanted to stay at Coronado, I just am afraid the last two days might be packed with conventioneers. Whats you guys opinion on this? Thanks.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
bianca112
Earning My Ears

I dont think you should move to a different resort because adult-only conventions are probably a little quieter than the ones people have complained about. There was one when I last went and I didn't even notice they were there.

My reccomendation is ask for a room in Cabanas or Ranchos. It is the furthest from the convention center and if you want to go to the main lobby or restaurants its just a bus stop away. The bus stops go 2,3,4,1. Cabanas is #4.

I'll be there at the same time! I'm staying from 1/15-1/20
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #3
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

I've stayed at CSR three times. There was always a convention (or two) going on during our stay. We never felt an impact from them at all. You could notice people walking around with lanyards and nametags. I think they had their meals in the convention area, so didn't take up space in the eateries and they were usually in meetings so didn't take up space on buses or the pool. There was a lot of activity in the Lounge at night, but we weren't interested in that anyway. Having conventions there actually makes for a pretty good stay.
HM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
kmarie99
Mouseketeer

Like PP stated we have also stayed there 3 times and there have been conventions every time, we have never been bothered by any of them. You see them on your way to the busses in the morning and in the Lounge in the evening but that is about it. The best thing about staying at CSR during a convention is that the more rooms filled by people going to a convention every day... the less rooms filled by people that want to get on a bus in the morning
Old 12-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I say no. We were there in November and there were two back to back conventions going on which lasted the duration of our trip - a techonology convention full of middle aged men and a women's college lacrosse convention full of young female athletes. The only time we noticed them was early evenings at the Laguna Bar, which got crowded along with the surrounding tables. Rarely noticed them elsewhere, except for one instance when 20-30 of them got on the DTD bus with us. I'd imagine those instances are few and far between. The rest of the time, you'll be glad they are there because the park buses and pools will be pretty empty. For the last two days of your trip, nothing to be concerned with.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #6
cavesrus
Mouseketeer

I agree no, when i go to a convention i have no time to do other stuff expect for of a evening. I would say pools are empty and food area will be empty. if there is a bar those will prob be full at evening. just my 2 cents
cavesrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: