Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #91
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Wow Cass, what a fantastic Epcot day!! All except for the losers , you and Rob handled it perfectly. Rude people suck. but it all ended with happy faces , love that you included that to end the day. Can't wait to see what's up next.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #92
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

How is it that I heard nothing of these jerks? Did I not spend the entire following week with you?

You guys handled it much better than I would've. Just ask the chick who decided it would be a great idea to park her bum right in front of me during Spectro one minute before the parade started. I won't even go there. Sorry it ruined your evening but glad to see you quickly overcame it. That's my Cass!

I had to giggle a little when you described your hospital stay as a "visit" though. Like you had a choice!

As always, great pics Cass!
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #93
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Ok so I haven't checked in here for a few weeks and I have 5 pages to catch up on! Now you are REALLY showing me up At least I've started

That's funny that you took a picture of those idiots... was it the guy on the left with the persistent potty mouth and smoker? I HATE that! Nate would have LOST it....especially since he is on prednisone too I find he has a much shorter fuse while on that. Thank goodness he's off it now... going on the second week. Otherwise dealing with rude Christmas crowds would have been a bit stressful.
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #94
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
FO (sorry...couldn't resist)
Bahaha Love it Nancy!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #95
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
aka...Chuck's plate.
LOL, he would have loved that bacon

Quote:
FO (sorry...couldn't resist)
I almost forgot about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Oh Cass, these pictures are beautiful today!! And so crystal clear. so fun. And I am the exact same way with ice, you are not alone in your ice quest sister. Loving this!
Yay, let the ice freaks come together

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Great character meets! I can't stand the heat and humidity either...I would love someone to bring me ice!

Jill in CO
Yup, I'm a lucky girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
GREAT character pics!

I hear you on the heat! Our main vacation is in the summer months and a whole park day is just not in the cards then.
YES, what a man! Thinking of the cup of ice to go with your water. Well done!
I did WDW once in the summer in 1993...NEVER AGAIN!!!

Quote:
I agree!! What great pics! Keep 'em coming.
I will try my best

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymc View Post
Been a long time fan of your trip reports - I remember them pre-Kira. Loving your photos and getting my disney fix for the day. In 4 more days we'll be in epcot!

I feel for you with the prednisone, its a wicked but wonderful thing.

Thanks for sharing!
Ohhh, you're probably there already! Have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Hi Cass! Really enjoying reading- so sorry about the prednisone- it is a Godsend, but it does have some nasty side effects (I was on a very high dose when tyler was a baby for a bad eye problem called iritis). I hope everything starts feeling better soon-

I LOVE Kira's face painting! She looks gorgeous with her eyes and her shirt- great choice! And totally cracking up over the pic at Test track. Very happy she liked Soarin, at least-

Looking forward to the Fantasy!

Ellen
Hi Ellen, glad to have you here

Yeah, it was neat how her paint matched her shirt eh? Her big blue eyes looked very green that day
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #96
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
UGH!!!!! It really sucks to have those people behind you....oh and they look like winners! But seriously, they are from the age where there are smoking areas since before they were old enough to smoke. It's not like they are 50 something and the whole smoking anywhere was how they grew up.

I hope you enjoyed Illuminations.
No kidding! It's not like they didn't know there was no smoking there! They really were big jerks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Those kids STINK!!! What a bunch of losers!! So sorry- that would all make my husband really mad, too- glad you were able to enjoy Illuminations in spite of it though-
Yup, huge losers! We tried to make the best of it but honestly, I just wish it didn't happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Wow Cass, what a fantastic Epcot day!! All except for the losers , you and Rob handled it perfectly. Rude people suck. but it all ended with happy faces , love that you included that to end the day. Can't wait to see what's up next.
Rude people do suck

There should be some sort of demerit system for rudeness

Quote:
How is it that I heard nothing of these jerks? Did I not spend the entire following week with you?

You guys handled it much better than I would've. Just ask the chick who decided it would be a great idea to park her bum right in front of me during Spectro one minute before the parade started. I won't even go there. Sorry it ruined your evening but glad to see you quickly overcame it. That's my Cass!

I had to giggle a little when you described your hospital stay as a "visit" though. Like you had a choice!

As always, great pics Cass!
Well, I didn't get to see you that much and I didn't want to spend that time talking about idiots

And "visit" sounds so much better than the hospital stay from hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
Ok so I haven't checked in here for a few weeks and I have 5 pages to catch up on! Now you are REALLY showing me up At least I've started

That's funny that you took a picture of those idiots... was it the guy on the left with the persistent potty mouth and smoker? I HATE that! Nate would have LOST it....especially since he is on prednisone too I find he has a much shorter fuse while on that. Thank goodness he's off it now... going on the second week. Otherwise dealing with rude Christmas crowds would have been a bit stressful.
LOL, it's all about showing you up, my dear

Yup, the loser on the left was potty mouthed smoker but the other two were swearing as well and were just as bad at Tweedle-dum! They kept telling Rob to "relax" when he was telling him to put the cigarette out and THAT did not help the situation

Glad Nate is off the pred, nasty nasty stuff! I have messed up my vision for the rest of my life
Old 12-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #97
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 4 - Part 1 - I have my eye on you!

Another Disney morning

Chilling while I get ready and make her breakfast...

It's so humid, we have to start the Flex and wipe down the windows! Hey, at least it's not snow

Time for MGM! Sorry, it will never be Hollywood Studios to me!

Waiting for opening..

The traditional pose...

Right after the pic, a CM stopped Kira and handed out some Mickey stickers. Boy, was she happy about that!

We've never actually done the standby line for Toy Story and since I knew this would be a ride that Kira would like, I had made a FP+ for it for the afternoon but headed straight there first thing anyway.

She loved the queue and we got through it in about 20 mins.

We all loved our ride and I beat both of them for the best score which is funny because I have joint issues and can't pull that string as fast as most people.

We popped over to meet up with Buzz and Woody and had some fun in the long queue...

Oh no, the claw!!!

And Rob photo bombed this one hahaha

Next up was Mike & Sully!

Poor Kira tried to hug Mike, but there's just no good way of doing it

One more try...

Old 12-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #98
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 4 - Part 2 - Rides, rides and more rides! Just kidding!

Next up? Why more characters, of course!

We walked over towards the hat again...

We were bummed that Lilo & Stitch no longer met at Animal Kingdom. Our main goal was to find Stitch. Until recently, we had two dogs, brother and sister from the same litter and we named them Lilo & Stitch. Our Stitchy bum, as we called him, passed away very suddenly in January and ever since then, Kira said she had wanted to meet L & S in the parks and tell them all about her Lilo and her Stitchy, who was up in Heaven now.

I had checked and found out that Lilo only meets at the 'Ohana breakfast inside the Poly, which really sucked but I knew Stitch could be found at MGM.

He was due to meet near the hat soon so we got in line for Pluto while we waited for Stitch.

It was a weird sunny spot that made for neat pics..

I asked a CM where Stitch would be meeting and we got in the line. Finally it was time...

Stitch LOVED her book! I mean LOVED IT!!! In his own wordless way, he was asking if I had done it (good thing I speak Stitch ) and then gave me a big thumbs up! Then he showed it to EVERYONE!

It was pretty funny and Kira was so happy!

And even gave him a kiss on the nose, which started a new trend for her HAHAH.

With all the excitement, she forgot about telling him about her Lilo and Stitchy though. I told her that we will find him again for her to tell him.

Can you guess what was next??

Come on people, you know the drill by now

Vanellope and Wreck-it Ralph!

I will have to end this chapter here so I can fit all the pics into my next chapter

Last edited by Timon; 12-08-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #99
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 4 - Part 3 - Mickey and his ghetto card.

It was time for our ressie at 50's Prime Time!

We have eaten here on every trip since 1999, it's definitely a must-do! We've had some great servers here and some just decent ones. Of course, my faves are the ones who really play it up. Rob really enjoys the chicken here and I love me some onion rings!

This is Kira in her "stop it with the photos" mood Thankfully, it didn't happen a lot on this trip!

We didn't wait long before we were seated and did the usual hand sanitizer thing.

I seriously don't know how he can drink hot coffee in the heat and humidity!!! I sucked back 2 diet-cokes just to cool off a little

The yummy rings!

I normally get the ham sandwich, which is no longer on the menu so I decided to get the sampler just to try stuff.

To be honest, it was all gross except for the mashed potatoes. I should have gotten the Caesar salad! Oh well, I know for next time.

I took one bite of each and ate half the potatoes then I pushed it away. Our server asked me what was wrong but I didn't have the heart to tell him that I didn't like it so I just said that I was full. He totally didn't believe me

Kira got the hot dog...

She hardly ate too but that is normal for her. She will snack all day long but rarely eats a big meal. She's a grazer!

Rob ordered his usual...

And devoured every bite! Then he picked at mine too!

He was very full and very happy

Dessert time!

Because he clearly didn't eat enough...Rob ordered this:

And our server brought this for us, along with a cute little card.

I did not put a celebration on our reservation but Rob was wearing an Anniversary button (We just celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary on October 17th) so I guess that is why he brought it out?

Kira gladly ate it

While Rob enjoyed Kira's dessert

The card was funny! He had crossed off the Birthday on the front and wrote Anniversary and then inside he said "Sorry for the ghetto card"

While he didn't play it up much, he was a really good server! He was quick too, which I like! My diet coke was constantly refilled without me asking (bonus points!), our onion rings were brought out like a minute after we ordered them and he was a really good sport!

Rob kept calling him Mickey, which I didn't clue into until we were ordering dessert. Rob said 'Thanks Mickey" and then it dawned on me why he was calling him that. His name was Mikey So, I said out loud, while he was taking Kira's dessert order "Have you been calling him Mickey this whole time??? Because his name is Mikey, not Mickey!"

Rob looked at his name tag again and profusely apologized and we all just giggled. He said that he got that a lot and just stopped trying to correct people

So, we all joked about that the rest of the meal. I wrote "Thanks Mickey" on the bill and left him a really big tip
Old 12-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #100
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

We've been to Prime Time every single trip since 1999 too! And always ask for Cousin Mark, I think I know Mikey, he's a hoot. And I always order corn with my chicken, right there with ya Rob. Excellent day with all those characters, so well done!!
Old 12-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #101
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

I LOVE your pics Toy Story is my fav!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Glad Nate is off the pred, nasty nasty stuff! I have messed up my vision for the rest of my life
Really? I thought that usually gets better once you're off it... I will pray that they are wrong in your case and that it does get better. Nate prob shouldn't be off it yet... but he's stubborn like me
Old 12-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #102
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

You guys really saw so many characters. I think Claire is getting to the end of that, or at least she won't wait in lines anymore much.

I think your dinner looks good, but looks can be deceiving!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #103
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 4 - Part 4 -The force is strong with this one!

After we rolled Rob out of PT, we made our way to Beauty & the Beast, which Kira loved!

After the show, we ran over to the Animation building to see Frozone and Mr. Incredible. They were only there a few times during the day.

Kira had fun with both of these guys but she was secretly hoping to meet Violet, her favourite

We had a FP+ for Star Tours for 1:30, and it was that time so we headed in that direction. Kira said she wanted to take our backpack...

Yeah, that lasted from when I took this pic to the Star Tours entrance

I hadn't seen the new version of Star Tours yet and this was Kira's first time on the ride as the last trip, she was just a smidge too short. Rob is a huge Star Wars geek so he was thrilled to finally share it with his daughter

I wasn't sure if she would like it, it was kinda bumpy and you just never know with chicken girl

Turns out she loved it!

Rob and Kira went a second time since there was no line while I waited in the shade near Muppets. She came out with another stuffy

Every time I leave those two alone, she gets another stuffy!

After our tour of Muppet Studios, we headed out towards the Streets of America.

We just strolled around...walking...and walking....

Rob and Kira just blindly following me

It took about 7-8 minutes for one of them to ask me what we were doing

I love my family! I would never just blindly follow anyone around

Nope, too much of a control freak for that! But I sure love that it doesn't bother them

I would be like, where are we going? What are we doing next? Why are we going this way? I don't want to see any more damn characters!!!
Old 12-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #104
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 4 - Part 5 - We hit the MOTHERLOAD!!!

Just as I was telling Rob what we were doing here exactly, it had begun!

It's called Characterpalooza! Disney does not advertise it but Disney freaks like me who read Disney blogs like the morning newspaper, know all about it! It's relatively new and a great way to meet a whole shwack load of characters all at once. The characters change and you never know who you will see but I was excited for Kira even though I hit my character limit..oh...back on Animal Kingdom day

One after the other, with almost zero waiting, Kira got to meet all the characters in about 15 minutes! We totally hit the jackpot because there were several rare characters here!

Toy Soldier..

Jesse!

Dale..

Bolt!

Signing her book with a little help from her Daddy!

Pinocchio

Max, who used his nose to click Kira's Sharpie closed

Pocahontas and Meeko!

I love how Pocahontas was helping Meeko HAHAH

Jasmine...

And then finally...

STITCH!!!

As soon as she went up to him, he kinda ran away from her. Kira didn't know what was going on but she kinda followed him. I think they were wrapping up the palooza and they started playing really loud, fast music. Stitch went over to the garbage can and started drumming on it.

Then he motioned for her to join in, which, of course, she did!

They drummed (is that even a word?) for a few minutes, it was so cute! Then he gave her the biggest and longest hug evah!

And then we left...

without telling Stitch about her doggies...

again!

Oh well, tune in because we just *might* meet up with him again somewhere

After that awesome little gathering, it was time for something slow and in da shade!

Oh look, we are passing the Great Movie Ride. Perfect! Kira wanted to know what the Great Movie Ride was about so I told her and she was okay with it.

Until we got to the scene after the Indiana Jones thing, with the skeletons hanging on the wall.

She was just fine with the big gangster shoot out scene!

She was just fine with the whole Alien part.

The skeletons?

Not so much!

As we were getting off the ride and rounding the corner just outside of the building, she yells, at the top of her lungs:

"That was not a GREAT movie ride!!!"

We tried to explain to her that it was called the GREAT movie ride but just kept arguing with us that it was NOT great and that we should stop calling it a great ride

Kids
Old 12-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #105
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Okay I never noticed that Mike had long finger nails until now. Kinda of creepy. I'm loving your trip report and the characters. My kids have out grown them so our last trip we did one character meal and that was it. So fun living through Kira and her love of characters.

I've eaten at 75 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (30%)
I've eaten at 30 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (34%)
I've eaten at 30 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (41%)
I've eaten at 7 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (39%)
I've eaten at 1 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)

Here's my list!

THEME PARKS
  • ANIMAL KINGDOM PARK
    • Flame Tree BBQ
    • Pizzafari
    • Rainforest Cafe
    • Restaurantosaurus
    • Tusker House
    • Yak & Yeti Counter Service
    • Yak & Yeti
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios
    • '50s Prime Time Cafe
    • ABC Commissary
    • Backlot Express
    • Brown Derby
    • Catalina Eddie's
    • Fairfax Fare
    • Feel the Force VIP Package (Fireworks Dessert Party)
    • Hollywood & Vine
    • Mama Melrose's
    • Min & Bill's Dockside Diner
    • Rosie's All-American Cafe
    • Sci-Fi Dine-In
    • Starring Rolls Cafe
    • Studio Catering Company
    • Toluca Legs Turkey Company
    • Toy Story Pizza Planet
  • Epcot
    • Coral Reef (Living Seas)
    • Electric Umbrella
    • Fountainview (Starbucks)
    • Garden Grill (The Land)
    • Sunshine Seasons (The Land)
    • Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Norway)
    • Biergarten (Germany)
    • Boulangerie Patisserie (France)
    • Chefs de France (France)
    • Fife & Drum (American Adventure)
    • Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party
    • Katsura Grill (Japan)
    • Kringla Bakeri og Cafe (Norway)
    • La Cantina de San Angel (Mexico)
    • La Hacienda de San Angel (Mexico)
    • Le Cellier (Canada)
    • Liberty Inn (American Adventure)
    • Lotus Blossom Cafe (China)
    • Monsieur Paul (France)
    • Nine Dragons (China)
    • Odyssey
    • Restaurant Marrakesh (Morocco)
    • Rose and Crown (United Kingdom)
    • San Angel Inn (Mexico)
    • Sommerfest (Germany)
    • Spice Road (Morocco)
    • Tangierine Cafe (Morocco)
    • Teppan Edo (Japan)
    • Tokyo Dining (Japan)
    • Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar (Italy)
    • Tutto Italia (Italy)
    • Via Napoli (Italy)
    • Yorkshire County Fish Shop (United Kingdom)
  • Epcot Food & Wine Festival
    • Argentina
    • Australia
    • Belgium
    • Brewer's Collection
    • Canada
    • Caribbean Islands
    • Cheese
    • China
    • Craft Beers
    • Desserts & Champagne
    • Florida
    • France
    • Germany
    • Greece
    • Hawaii
    • Hops & Barley
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Japan
    • Mexico
    • Morocco
    • New Zealand
    • Poland
    • Party for the Senses
    • Scandinavia
    • Singapore
    • South Africa
    • South Korea
    • Terra
  • Epcot Food & Garden Festival
    • Buttercup Cottage
    • Fleur De lys
    • Florida Fresh
    • Hanami
    • Intermissions Cafe
    • Jardin De Fiestas
    • Lotus House
    • Pineapple Promenade
    • Primavera Kitchen
    • The Smokehouse
    • Taste of Marrakesh
    • Urban Farm Eats
  • Magic Kingdom
    • Be Our Guest Lunch (Fantasyland)
    • Be Our Guest Dinner (Fantasyland)
    • Casey's Corner (Main Street USA)
    • Cinderella's Royal Table (Fantasyland)
    • Columbia Harbour House (Liberty Square)
    • Cosmic Ray's (Tomorrowland)
    • The Crystal Palace (Adventureland)
    • Diamond Horseshoe Review (Frontierland)
    • The Friar's Nook (Fantasyland)
    • Gaston's Tavern (Fantasyland)
    • Golden Oak Outpost (Frontierland)
    • Liberty Tree Tavern (Liberty Square)
    • The Lunching Pad (Tomorrowland)
    • Main Street Bakery (Starbucks)
    • Pecos Bill's (Frontierland)
    • Pinnochio Village Haus (Fantasyland)
    • The Plaza Restaurant (Main Street USA)
    • Sleepy Hollow
    • Tomorrowland Terrace (Tomorrowland)
    • Tomorrowland Terrace Wishes Dessert Party (Tomorrowland)
    • Tony's Town Square (Main Street USA)
    • Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland)
    • Frontierland Turkey Leg Cart
Water Parks
  • Blizzard Beach
    • Avalunch
    • The Cooling Hut
    • Lottawatta Lodge
    • The Warming Hut
  • Typhoon Lagoon
    • Leaning Palms
    • Lowtide Lou's