Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #136
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 12-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #137
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker9 View Post
Catching up after being in SoCal for a week. Had a great trip - wineries, Disneyland, and a surprise advanced screening of "Saving Mr. Banks" at the Walt Disney Studios!

I agree about the LM ride, I wasn't impressed. I thought it could've been so much more... something, I don't know. It was underwhelming.

How long did LM stop? I think with some attractions that have the moving conveyors, they will stop for awhile when loading or unloading someone who needs help. We experienced Spaceship Earth stopping for a few minutes twice one night, as well as another ride (I'm blanking right now).

Can't wait to hear more, so cool that your mom & stepdad got to come meet you!
Oh wow, your vacation sounds excellent! Wineries, DL, and "Saving Mr. Banks"? How was the movie? I want to see that!

It was definitely underwhelming, and that's a good word for it. Nice animatronics, but the story was lacking.

LM was stopped for >12 minutes according to my pictures. I know SE and also HM may stop to load disabled Guests, but this was definitely longer!

It was fun to have my Mom arrive; they had to leave super early the next day, but it was fun while it lasted. Wish I could do the whole thing over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
Aw! Yay for MVMCP with your mom!!! That's so great!
We thought so too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I'm so glad we got to meet up that night! It was a great party for sure, and especially awesome that your mom was there. Sounds like you guys had great luck with the rides!
We did! Much better than the MNSSHP she and I went to two years ago. I know most people like it better than MVMCP but I think I liked seeing all the characters in their "winter clothes" more than their Halloween ones. However, both parades are pretty darn cool!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #138
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Great updates!

I'm scanning all your pictures to see if we appear -- no sightings yet!!

Great luck with the bus/boat!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
Old 12-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #139
B&WMickey
DIS Veteran

Way cool that your mom came 3 1/2 hours just like that to hang out with you at MVMCP!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 2000 - Beach Club
December 2002 - Grand Floridian
January 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
September 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
March 2015 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 12-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #140
MEK
DIS Veteran

How cool that you got to meet Wendy and Johnny. I just missed them this past trip and I was SO bummed.

How nice that your mom came to meet you at the Christmas party. I love the Christmas party. It really is such a fun time.

And yay for a DISmeet on Space Mountain!

I have two girl cats that are 13 and are in great health, so I am sure your boy has many more years in him. My guy, Max, just had a lot of health problems right from the start - FUS, a ruptured anal glad, several resp infections and several bites (cause I let him out from time to time and he was a hunter). I knew when he got diagnosed with diabetes he wasn't going to live much longer. Supposedly cats can and I took care of him meticulously. I even checked his blood sugars twice a day and dosed his insulin much like a human does. But all along I had this sense that he wasn't going to live much longer, even though he seemed stable most of the time. And then *bam* he suddenly got sick and the vet said his one kidney was terribly enlarged, most likely from cancer. It didn't matter what the cause, I knew it was time. Thanks for letting me babble about my cat. I doubt I'll ever find another as great as him.

My neighbors just fostered two preemie kittens. When their last cat died they said "no more", but the foster kittens won them over and now they have two adorable brothers.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #141
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great party so far!!!

I'm jealous of your DISmeet!!!

Hope the rest of your night goes well!

I didn't know that Cosmic Rays served food during the party. I thought it was just cookies and cocoa.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #142
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Great updates!

I'm scanning all your pictures to see if we appear -- no sightings yet!!

Great luck with the bus/boat!
You never know - I always look at TRs at the same time as my trip too, just wondering if I might pop in somewhere!

I couldn't believe the bus/boat combo. That's a one in a million shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&WMickey View Post
Way cool that your mom came 3 1/2 hours just like that to hang out with you at MVMCP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha, really she came about 6 hours! They were in Marathon driving to Palm Beach and ended up leaving Palm Beach to come to Orlando. It was a super fun surprise, plus she got to see my one-bedroom room. I was glad I had the extra room!
Old 12-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #143
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
How cool that you got to meet Wendy and Johnny. I just missed them this past trip and I was SO bummed.

How nice that your mom came to meet you at the Christmas party. I love the Christmas party. It really is such a fun time.

And yay for a DISmeet on Space Mountain!

I have two girl cats that are 13 and are in great health, so I am sure your boy has many more years in him. My guy, Max, just had a lot of health problems right from the start - FUS, a ruptured anal glad, several resp infections and several bites (cause I let him out from time to time and he was a hunter). I knew when he got diagnosed with diabetes he wasn't going to live much longer. Supposedly cats can and I took care of him meticulously. I even checked his blood sugars twice a day and dosed his insulin much like a human does. But all along I had this sense that he wasn't going to live much longer, even though he seemed stable most of the time. And then *bam* he suddenly got sick and the vet said his one kidney was terribly enlarged, most likely from cancer. It didn't matter what the cause, I knew it was time. Thanks for letting me babble about my cat. I doubt I'll ever find another as great as him.

My neighbors just fostered two preemie kittens. When their last cat died they said "no more", but the foster kittens won them over and now they have two adorable brothers.
I was so happy to meet someone I "knew" from the forums. It was really cool because I followed her PTRs from when I first started being interested in them and read all her TRs too, so you feel like you know someone - even though you don't! Plus - Space Mountain!

It's ok, you can "babble" about Max. My cat was born on the street and his sibling died right after they were taken to the shelter. I almost took home another cat, but ended up spying him and knew from the way he acted - scared and sick - that he was mine. When he was seven, he had crystals in his urine and he almost died; they said his life might be shortened. But I feed him specially and watch him closely and so far, so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Sounds like a great party so far!!!

I'm jealous of your DISmeet!!!

Hope the rest of your night goes well!

I didn't know that Cosmic Rays served food during the party. I thought it was just cookies and cocoa.
Yes, but I don't know if they were still serving because it was fairly early? It WAS a cookie and cocoa spot! And there was a dance party with some special guests... but more on that later!
Old 12-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #144
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Phew! I fell a little behind over the holiday, but I'm all caught up!

I was so excited when I read about your mom calling to say she was coming for the party! That is just so AWESOME!!! I can't wait to read more about how you two enjoyed the event. It sounds like your time together is off to a great start (despite the bus situation).
Old 12-06-2013, 08:10 AM   #145
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
Oh wow, your vacation sounds excellent! Wineries, DL, and "Saving Mr. Banks"? How was the movie? I want to see that!

It was definitely underwhelming, and that's a good word for it. Nice animatronics, but the story was lacking.

LM was stopped for >12 minutes according to my pictures. I know SE and also HM may stop to load disabled Guests, but this was definitely longer!
"Saving Mr. Banks" was excellent! I went with 2 other adults, 1 is not a huge Disney fan, and they both loved it as well. I highly recommend it, especially to Disney fans!

Yeah, 12 minutes is a long time - I would've been starting to get nervous as well!

My Disney Trip Reports:
A Big Blue World at AOA with the Fab Four - Nov. 2012 - AOA Finding Nemo suite
3 Weeks to plan a solo trip! - Nov. 2014 PTR
Old 12-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #146
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

That is sooooo cool that your mom met you there!! What an awesome surprise!!!

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
Old 12-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #147
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Phew! I fell a little behind over the holiday, but I'm all caught up!

I was so excited when I read about your mom calling to say she was coming for the party! That is just so AWESOME!!! I can't wait to read more about how you two enjoyed the event. It sounds like your time together is off to a great start (despite the bus situation).
I'm falling a little behind just because I have been busy in my daily life. Christmas shopping is taking up my lunches (I'll write updates sometimes at lunch) and after work there's a lot to be done as well! But I'm going to get back at it, hopefully today and tomorrow.

I was so shocked that my stepdad would be willing to do that - but like I said, he likes to drive. I asked my mom later if she would have come had I not bought the ticket, but she said she'd have come up either way. I wasn't taking the chance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker9 View Post
"Saving Mr. Banks" was excellent! I went with 2 other adults, 1 is not a huge Disney fan, and they both loved it as well. I highly recommend it, especially to Disney fans!

Yeah, 12 minutes is a long time - I would've been starting to get nervous as well!
I do really want to see that; thanks for the positive recommendation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
That is sooooo cool that your mom met you there!! What an awesome surprise!!!
It was so unexpected; I just couldn't believe it until I saw their car pull up.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #148
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Am I Right?

(I have discovered, after looking closely, that I am missing about 15 pictures or so from the party. I'm not sure what happened to them, but they're gone - pics of us on a few rides, the crowds, and the mine train being built. There will probably be more words than there will be pictures in this segment.)

Mom and I happily stopped at Cosmic Rays. We both got a chicken sandwich - she got fries, I got apple slices - and found a seat in the same room in which you order. From our seat, we could see there was a dance party going on in the other room, with Christmas music and some special guests!

We DEVOURED our mediocre chicken and sides and then stopped in the dance party room to watch the festivities!

It was now almost 8:30, and we had plenty more to do. We headed back across the park in hopes of riding LM, IASW, and PP, as well as HM (of COURSE, we LOVE HM) and BTMRR. Plus, I had my GWTS ears on, so we wanted to catch the fireworks and then go on to ride POTC and the Jingle Cruise!

As we walked toward LM, we heard the sound of... a roller coaster! They were running the new coaster in New Fantasyland! We had to stop and watch, but we didn't see another go-round and decided not to waste any more time watching for something we couldn't ride. We headed straight to LM and straight through the queue right onto the ride! We were stopped for just a moment (there was a wheelchair Guest right behind us) but then we were off under the sea.

Mom seemed to like the ride ok, but we both decided once was enough. We went on to IASW and PP. PP was still at over 30 minutes, so we went through IASW and then headed to ... The Bathrooms! (Again!) Those Tangled bathrooms are just gorgeous.

After HM, we jumped in a short line for:

It was just after 9 and the lines were very short. We loved seeing all the snowflakes and Christmas stuff projected on to the buildings. Mom and I kept pointing it out to each other.

I think the new queue here is pretty cool; I'm glad, however, that I don't go during a season that needs all that overflow room! YIKES.

Once we got off the ride again, if I'm remembering correctly it was time for fireworks, but we couldn't get over there fast enough. We stopped to watch from the area right next to Rivers of America. I asked Mom how my ears looked; she said they were "very cool" to watch. I was the only one in the area with them on!

Before the fireworks finale, we decided that it would be a good time to jump in line for the Jingle Cruise. We couldn't see the fireworks very well anyway; bad planning on our part. But we were still having a great time and wanted to catch one of the parades, so we headed over to Jingle Cruise to see how the line was.

It was a walk on! The fireworks had drawn everyone away, so we enjoyed a nice trip in De Nile. I know I had a few pictures, but can't find them. We had a good skipper, very sarcastic and just a nice, dry humor with good delivery. We enjoyed our Jingle Cruise!

Next we ran over to POTC. My mom has the beginning stages of emphysema due to smoking (she quit smoking right away when diagnosed, but of course it's too late) and this ride makes us both a little nervous due to the the scene with the cannon fire - the thick air can cause her problems, but this ride was seamless.

By now, we were tired. It was almost time for the second parade, so we staked out a spot next to the funnel cake place and helped a family take a few family pictures. We didn't have a front row view of the parade, but it was still good enough for us!

Look at all these characters at once! They did a cool dance together too!

Frankly, all my pictures of the parade are pretty bad, since I was watching and not worrying about pictures so much. Sorry, guys!

We finally went over to Fantasyland for PP. We were tired, and wanted to shop before leaving, so it was time to get in line, regardless of the line time!

It was STILL at 30 minutes! Oh well! In line we went! All the exhausted kids around me were staring at my ears as they flashed in the night. The little boy in line in front of us was mesmerized and sleepily watched my head through the entire queue. It was adorable.

It really did take 30 minutes to get on the ride, and after we were done we were SPENT. Mom and I both wanted a pin, and Mom wanted a shirt, so we went shopping.

It. Was. A. Madhouse. It was like Black Friday in the Emporium. Lines were long, people were arguing over product. They had the pins behind the register, so you couldn't even look at the pins without being in line. We asked how much they were, and were told they were $12.95 - not too bad, right? When we finally got up in line and got to pick them, the ones we picked were $14.95! We bought so much we didn't even know until later that night! I was annoyed at that, but what is $4 in the scheme of things, really? I also got the purchase with purchase WDW throw, which I'll show you at the end of my TR.

Next up, the buses. *cue ominous music*

As we were walking up, the bus was loading. We were about 7 people from the front when they stopped letting people on. Bummer. After about 2 minutes, the person in front of us turned to me and said "oh, they're still letting on people for standing room only." Oh, ok, well we don't have a problem with that! The people in front of us moved aside as we walked up. As we turned to get on the bus, the guy closed the doors and just took off with us standing right there! *sigh*

"Oh well, I guess we'll just stand here instead!" I said, and pretty much everyone in line laughed and made way for us to walk back. A lot of discussion about my GWTS ears ensued, and a new bus arrived within 15 minutes to take us back "home."

Once at BWV, we found my stepdad snoozing on the couch. Mom and I took the king bed - she went right to sleep, but I soaked my feet in the jacuzzi tub first. Even though today was a long day, tomorrow was going to be a long one too - I was doing rope drop at HS and EMH at Epcot! I finally went in to bed, falling asleep to the sounds of must-do Disney!

Last edited by ZehnJahren; 12-08-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #149
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

So glad that ya'll had a great time at the party!!

Seeing the coaster testing?!?!? How cool!!!

Your bus just continues....
Old 12-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #150
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
So glad that ya'll had a great time at the party!!

Seeing the coaster testing?!?!? How cool!!!

Your bus just continues....
I was so very excited seeing the 7DMT going - I think I squealed out something and pinched my mom as I grabbbed her arm and said "LOOK!! LOOK!!"

I can't wait to try it next year. I love a new ride. And since we're rope droppers, we'll be able to ride it for sure.

I couldn't believe the buses. At least we all got a good laugh over it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: