Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #16
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

I'm a meh to ecards, too.

I usually don't open them and I know I don't share them with anyone.

I have the last Christmas card my grandfather hand-wrote and sent to me before he passed away, and we lived 45 minutes away from each other. I can't ever see myself hanging on to an ecard for any reason.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #17
Kitty 34
Hums in her sleep, but never when she's awake
I only raise tomatos for those cute caterpillars... but I won't go near a tomato
Never underestimate the TF!!!

I have a special spot to hang my snail mail Christmas cards.
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #18
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

I prefer snail mail cards. But if someone were to send an e-mail card that would be fine too, just nice to be remembered.

But, with snail mail cards I save them each year and then bring them out the following year and look through them "one more time" when new ones start coming. I keep the holiday cards in a small wicker basket on an end table in the family room. I pick them up 2-3 times during the holiday season to look at them and think about the senders. I also like to save any that are from senders that passed away over the course of the year. And I save the "special" ones from family, and ones that are photo cards too.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #19
M5ward
When You Wish Upon A Star...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh2 View Post
This. DH and I never open up links to things like ecards. I am also old fashioned. I share the "meh" opinion that others have previously mentioned.
Totally agree. I don't open any link to an e-card. I just delete them. I love getting cards in the mail especially picture cards.

Nov., 1981 (CR),Nov., 1983 (CR),Dec., 1994 (off-site),Jan., 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), Jan., 2007 (SSR), Nov., 2007 (SSR), Feb., 2008 (BWV), Oct., 2008 (OKW), Jan., 2009 (BWV),Oct., 2009 (BCV), Jan., 2010 (BWV), Oct., 2010 (OKW),Jan., 2011 (BWV), Nov., 2011 (OKW)
Jan., 2012 (BLT),Apr., 2012 (BWV)Nov./Dec.,2012 (BWV), Jan, 2013 (BLT), , Apr, 2013 (BCV)Oct2013(BWV)
M5ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:56 AM   #20
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I like snail mail. It's the only time of year that I make sure I keep in contact with my friends; even if I don't see them during the year.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #21
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
I prefer snail mail cards. But if someone were to send an e-mail card that would be fine too, just nice to be remembered.

But, with snail mail cards I save them each year and then bring them out the following year and look through them "one more time" when new ones start coming. I keep the holiday cards in a small wicker basket on an end table in the family room. I pick them up 2-3 times during the holiday season to look at them and think about the senders. I also like to save any that are from senders that passed away over the course of the year. And I save the "special" ones from family, and ones that are photo cards too.
I do that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post

I like snail mail. It's the only time of year that I make sure I keep in contact with my friends; even if I don't see them during the year.
It'll be in the mail early next week.

=======================================

I have to admit I was really surprised last year when I received an e-card from someone who always sends a Christmas card by mail that includes a personalized long letter with the year's summary of family events and she's older than me. I told Jen we're doing Christmas cards this weekend because I want that one to get to Australia before Christmas.

Uncle Remus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #22
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

Definitely snail mail (do you need my address?).

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #23
The Grays
Mouseketeer

We do the snail mail.
DW does a letter to all our friends. Our DD is 13 and a cancer survivor and everyone loves to see and hear how she is doing.
The Grays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #24
ilovepcot
Caused the first ever Tag Fairy thread edit for being naughty
Should be publicly Dole Whipped
Makes a scrumptious pot roast
Don't stick it out if you don't want to lose it

Much prefer snail mail cards! Hate to admit it, but the e-cards are forgotten by me by the next day. I'll remember the snail mail card for a long, long time and will likely keep it for many years.
ilovepcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #25
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Definitely a physical card (for both sending and receiving)! E-cards are so impersonal and lazy to me. In fact, if I get an E-card I won't even open it. I would rather not receive a card at all than to receive an E-card.

I only received about 4 or 5 Christmas cards last year and sent out around 15. I get fewer every year and I guess I don't understand why. I guess everyone feels they are too busy. I love sending them out and will continue to do so...and I adore getting one in the mail. I love getting mail!

Me-30: -&- DH-34:
LJSquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #26
shoney
DIS Veteran

I open Christmas cards, read them and they go straight in the recycle bin. A photo card I may save long enough to show everyone in the family and then it goes in the garbage.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that someone thought of us. I just don't want to display or save them.

I sent photo cards when the boys were little. I stopped when they were about 6 or 7.

I like e-cards. A lot of them are cute!
I will admit I usually only send them to very close members of the family and for b-days. Never thought of sending Christmas e-cards before.
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #27
mickeyfan9194
Mouseketeer

I hardly ever send anything through the mail anymore, but when it comes to Christmas cards, I consider it a MUST! I'll be sending about 50 of them next week, and love getting them in return (especially the letters and pictures). An E card just seems lazy to me, like I was hardly worth the effort. Unless, of course, you have hundreds of people on your list (I know some people who do, mostly because of their professions), and then I consider it acceptable.
mickeyfan9194 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: