Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #3031
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
Oh, I totally understand loving an old computer and would be just livid if someone loaded Wins8 on it while being serviced for something else. So I take it the charge thingie that's wonky is the part in the computer itself and not the cord itself? If it was the cord itself, maybe you could find an old cord on Craigslist by asking if anyone wants to sell that particular cord. And while I'm in the mood, why in the hell don't computer makers make one damn universal cord for all their computers??!!

Now I'm gonna make a sign to leave on my front gate (that's a tenth of a mile away and generally OPEN) for the substitute UPS guy that points down the driveway to my house indicating that's where my porch is. Jen messaged this morning that her Le Creuset was left at the front gate last night. Last year this time it was a $100. worth of meat left down there when I called UPS to say never leave my packages down there. My regular guy apologized for the sub. Today I'm expecting 2 flat screen TVs for these guys that live here with me and Jen. And don't even creep out here last night and slide me a Christmas list of what you want, you are not getting any more damn video games!!!

By the way, good morning!
Good morning. LOL I hate to have to retrain people. I DON'T DO CHANGE WELL!

I first read it that the substitute UPS guy was pointing down the driveway at your porch, and I thought "why??" LOL

Yeah, the wonky charging thingie is inside the computer. ggrrr If I think of it while DH is actually home, and not just numerous useless times throughout the day, I'll ask him why I ended up with Windows 8. I'm sure he told me before, and it was probably a good explanation, but computer talk sounds to me like the adults in a Peanuts special.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #3032
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

It would be nice for universal for the cords. I bought an apple and I love the cord being magnetic. I hate all the new windows that come out. I want my computer left alone with the things already there. And unfortunately it will have to change , all the computers will die and have to get new. UGH! How is everyone's morning. I have to go to Monterey on Friday. Hope it is a nice day down there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #3033
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
Good morning. LOL I hate to have to retrain people. I DON'T DO CHANGE WELL!

I first read it that the substitute UPS guy was pointing down the driveway at your porch, and I thought "why??" LOL

Yeah, the wonky charging thingie is inside the computer. ggrrr If I think of it while DH is actually home, and not just numerous useless times throughout the day, I'll ask him why I ended up with Windows 8. I'm sure he told me before, and it was probably a good explanation, but computer talk sounds to me like the adults in a Peanuts special.
Bet the guy told your husband you need the update of Win8 because this total stranger knows better than you what you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
It would be nice for universal for the cords. I bought an apple and I love the cord being magnetic. I hate all the new windows that come out. I want my computer left alone with the things already there. And unfortunately it will have to change , all the computers will die and have to get new. UGH! How is everyone's morning. I have to go to Monterey on Friday. Hope it is a nice day down there.
I'm with you, leave my computer alone. I ordered a new one too so Jen can teach me all this new stuff. I just don't understand why I would want to be touching the screen instead of a keyboard, I mean, with all the eating I do in front of this thing, I'll have to constantly clean the screen.

Speaking of eating, here's some pics from Beaches and Cream:

Jen got the open faced roast beef dinner sandwich, it even had mashed potatoes in it, simply delicious.

And had the adult grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup, the sandwich had 4 cheeses, but I don't remember which ones.

And then I had this too. They've changed the menu, the Creamsicle isn't offered anymore, but they made me one anyway. Needless to say, we tipped that waitress well.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #3034
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

usnuz, I may have to come ride with you to Monterrey this Friday, our temps are dropping from high 70's to freezing here this weekend.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #3035
MaryAnnDVC

Completely forgot to ask DH why I ended up with Windows 8 until I saw this thread again. And he's in California now...you think he'd mind a text at 6:30 AM asking? And expecting an answer? lol Because by the time he gets home, I'll forget again. Oh well! We may never know!

So, just saw this on FB. Seems that the DT is going to try to drag this out as much as possible. This should be illegal. How, I don't know, but it should be! And anyone want to bet it doesn't start up again in mid-February? That poor family. Jodi is determined not only to avoid the death penalty until the family gives in with a deal, but to torture them in the process and keep herself in the news.

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial

A message from Steven Alexander, Travis' brother:

Old 12-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #3036
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
Completely forgot to ask DH why I ended up with Windows 8 until I saw this thread again. And he's in California now...you think he'd mind a text at 6:30 AM asking? And expecting an answer? lol Because by the time he gets home, I'll forget again. Oh well! We may never know!

So, just saw this on FB. Seems that the DT is going to try to drag this out as much as possible. This should be illegal. How, I don't know, but it should be! And anyone want to bet it doesn't start up again in mid-February? That poor family. Jodi is determined not only to avoid the death penalty until the family gives in with a deal, but to torture them in the process and keep herself in the news.

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial

A message from Steven Alexander, Travis' brother:

I'm still not getting why this penalty phase is going to take 4 damn months as they project. This was a premeditated heinous murder, state the facts and let the jury decide.

Mare, one of my New Year's resolutions is to go back to keeping my lists of things I have to remember to get done, I swear I forget more than I remember.

My new computer comes today and Jen's comes tomorrow. I'm not hoping I like Wins8 better, I'm just hoping I don't have to make a list of how to do things on it.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #3037
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I cannot believe this is dragging into February now.
How can this be justified??
This family needs a sentence rendered on this monster.

Her antics and games should be an automatic death penalty, nothing less.
Enough already!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #3038
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Uncle Remus-

That Creamsicle shake looks amazing.
I need to get back there, haven't been since 2008.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #3039
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
I cannot believe this is dragging into February now.
How can this be justified??
This family needs a sentence rendered on this monster.

Her antics and games should be an automatic death penalty, nothing less.
Enough already!
Recalling just her first interrogation by Flores pushes me over the edge. How many times have I said that now? Ugh, I just don't think she has anything to offer to spare her life. Ya know, the worst part is she'll live many many more years even if she does get the death penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
Uncle Remus-

That Creamsicle shake looks amazing.
I need to get back there, haven't been since 2008.
Hey, I just heard Beaches and Cream takes reservations now and after our hour long wait for a table, I guess it's warranted. You'll have to ask if they'll make you that Creamsicle special. It's not on the menu anymore, now it's a Rainbowsicle, made with a neapolitan sherbet.

ETA: Can't believe how older those kids look, great picture, lorimay! :
Old 12-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #3040
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
usnuz, I may have to come ride with you to Monterrey this Friday, our temps are dropping from high 70's to freezing here this weekend.
Come on down, we go again this weekend. This is getting frustrating with Jodi. Hopefully they will get it to stream. Your food looks so good!! I have to start dinner. Did anyone else notice that what's her name is now recanting her story about GZ? I hope the DA still continues even though she is recanting.

How was your trip?
Old 12-11-2013, 05:59 AM   #3041
lorimay
DIS Veteran

UR- I saw that Beaches and Cream are now taking reservations.

It is always so hard to get in there. We are going for the day in Feb. before our cruise, maybe I can grab an early time and get all 8 of us in there.
My husband will definitely be asking them to make that creamsicle.

Yes, my babies are growing quickly. Times flies I tell you.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #3042
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Just wanted to drop in and say I hate Wins 8.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #3043
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Just wanted to drop in and say I hate Wins 8.
I read this to DH and he said "Everyone does."

So I finally asked why I got Windows 8 and he said that I needed a new motherboard and therefore, had to get Windows 8. Greek to me.

I hate when I go to scroll, and the thingie on the side pops out, and I accidentally click on "settings."

Lorimay, I love the pictures in your signature!!

Does Beaches and Cream take ADRs, or FP+? I know that BOG uses FP+ for lunch, but ADR for dinner (we got an ADR for our next trip ). Or, at least that's how it worked last time I looked, but things seem to change daily. For someone who hates change, Disney is sending me into a tailspin with all these changes. We just got our cute Mickey FlashDrive for our next trip, and I'm wrapping it up for DH for Christmas since he hasn't seen it yet. It'll probably be his favorite gift. Or maybe the pump he requested to pump out his boat next time it sinks?
Old 12-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #3044
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Well, I'm watching the program Snapped tonight (re: Arias) on Oxygen 9:00 pm. I think it's part one tonight, part two tomorrow night.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
Old 12-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #3045
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I read this to DH and he said "Everyone does."

So I finally asked why I got Windows 8 and he said that I needed a new motherboard and therefore, had to get Windows 8. Greek to me.

I hate when I go to scroll, and the thingie on the side pops out, and I accidentally click on "settings."

Lorimay, I love the pictures in your signature!!

Does Beaches and Cream take ADRs, or FP+? I know that BOG uses FP+ for lunch, but ADR for dinner (we got an ADR for our next trip ). Or, at least that's how it worked last time I looked, but things seem to change daily. For someone who hates change, Disney is sending me into a tailspin with all these changes. We just got our cute Mickey FlashDrive for our next trip, and I'm wrapping it up for DH for Christmas since he hasn't seen it yet. It'll probably be his favorite gift. Or maybe the pump he requested to pump out his boat next time it sinks?
Thank you! They are growing so fast.
Yes, Beaches and Cream now takes ADR's. I made one for our Feb. trip. Had to do 2 tables of 4, they couldn't get us all at one table. I had to call for it though. For some reason it wouldn't go thru online.
We received one of those Mickey Head thingy's LOL, I handed it off to my daughter to take care of. I had no idea what to do with it. She is all about the new things, me I'm old school.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: