Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #16
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janepod View Post
Them, or the Shoah Foundation.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #17
ElizK
I'm a whosoever!
My threads are dead before they're even posted!
Gained 10 lbs just reading a thread on the DIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi Mouse View Post
I don't have anything to add, all the previous posters took care of what I was going to post.

What a treasure to have those pieces of history.

We have a family member that has a photo of two of her working in a concentration camp. Another family member is putting together her story. We get together and this one family member presents all of us with a photo and tells the story as if it were read from a book.

We are not sure what we are going to do with our photos and the story that goes with them. We haven't gotten that far yet.

OP please let us know what you wind up doing with them.

As for people wanting to see them, I can understand as my family has a great interest in holocaust and the holodomor but the OP should contact a museum first.

They are not my family's pictures. We were out with friends this past weekend, and the wife mentioned them. They were taken by the husband's dad. The husband didn't seem particularly interested in doing anything with them, didn't think anyone would really be interested. I think there are places that woud definitely be interested. Part of what really made them special were the things that were written on the backs of the photos. This young GI's anger at the atrocities is palpable. Also, they were numbered, so you get a sort of timeline. There are similar pictures out there that I have seen, just one or two that I've never seen anything like it before. But the narration that goes with it... that really makes the collection special.
ElizK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #18
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

Here is another option:

http://www.wiesenthal.com/site/pp.as...5#.Up5Vomf1NkA

From their website: The Museum of Tolerance (MOT) is the educational arm of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, an internationally renowned Jewish human rights organization. The only museum of its kind in the world, the MOT is dedicated to challenging visitors to understand the Holocaust in both historic and contemporary contexts and confront all forms of prejudice and discrimination in our world today.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: