Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #16
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

I found you! And I'm all caught up! Please keep writing as I need something to read as I slowly heal.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #17
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Deena!!

Will print and get caught up later .... getting ready to go someplace today ...

heck you can give me an update in person!!

See you Wed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I found you! And I'm all caught up! Please keep writing as I need something to read as I slowly heal.
Linda, remember to give me an update today

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #18
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

So we're at the spa. I love going to the spa. I've worked in cosmetics and skincare the majority of my adult life. My most favorite spa is at Saratoga Springs. I haven't been since they've changed from Niki Bryan to Senses, but I hope to go soon. I find myself going thru the menus of Saratoga Springs, Grand Floridian, and Mandara at Swan/Dolphin quite often. I know all the treatments, explanations, and prices off the top of my head. Lately I've had some crazy pain in my neck and shoulders, so I saved a few pennies to get that taken care of while we were there. I read that they tend to do specials while on board, so I didn't book yet. I had, however, purchased a rainforest pass in advance, and booked the Rasul for our last day out of sheer curiosity.

We enter the spa and tell them we're there for a tour. They hand us a menu and tell us someone will with us in just a moment. Within a moment of looking at the menu, my confusion set in. The services and products were Mandara Spa services and products, but it was under the Senses name. I never did ask, but I just found it odd. I like the Elemis products better anyway, so no need to complain. I'm probably the only person in the world to take notice of this. I'm observant, what can I say?

So we got our tour guide. I'm sure a lot of people just go on the tour and zone out. I'm like the attentive nerd in the front row that takes it all in. I really do love this stuff. The pain I have been having has been pretty intense. I play it off because life must go on, but boy oh boy, when they explained the seaweed wrap with massage, I was positive that it would help me... but I was also positive that it was a million dollars. Moving on. DH was pretty intrigued by the acupuncture. This surprises me, but maybe just because I am terrified of needles. The amount of stress that being in a room with so many needles would cause me would negate any benefits that they could possibly provide. They were really pushing the fat and cellulite treatment. Ladies and Gentlemen... I am on a cruise. I am going to eat steak, shrimp and french fries until I explode and be happy about it They also pushed the tooth whitening hard too. The rooms were beautiful. The villas were amazing, and in the future I will for sure save some money to spend some time in one, unfortunately that would not be this trip. After the tour, we put our names in the raffle and were told to be back at 3pm, and that you must be present to win. I was hoping the novelty of the AquaDunk would keep people from the raffle, so I would be there!

Okay... now we breathe. What next? I'm ready to eat my arm off, but he was really wanting to drop his backpack full of booze which was weighing him down. The rooms aren't supposed to be ready until 1:30, but he insisted we try. We get down to Deck 2... nope, not ready. I was having an "I told you so" moment, but I refrained expressing this out loud. We made our way up to Cabanas and found a seat by the window in the corner. There was a nice little space behind our table to put our carry on stuff. We took turns getting our food. I took a little longer because I had to take pictures of everything.

I thought everything was really good. My favorites were the fresh shrimp and pumpkin pie We took our time there. We knew we didn't want to carry our stuff anymore, so we hung out, nibbled, and played on Facebook until 1:30 when we knew the rooms would be ready.

We made our way down to room 2584. This would be our home for the next 4 nights. When choosing this room, I used the room reviews to see that it was a quiet room, not far from anything. Using DCLs site, AND double checking with the cast member on the phone that it was a non-connecting room. Connecting rooms bug me, and you can hear every last detail beside you and that annoys me. I have also been all over the boards and Facebook to know that lots of rooms have had issues since the dry dock. The best we could do is cross our fingers. So we enter the room............

And I'm going to leave it there.... gotta wrap up some stuff before lunch
Old 12-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #19
pas130
DIS Veteran

Hello sweetie!!!! (I should TOTALLY be packing as we leave for the airport in a few hours...but in true PACKcrastination PAScrastination ....I'd much rather read your TR)
Old 12-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #20
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Deena I can not wait to read more!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #21
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Multiquote to come later... but WELCOME friends!!

So we open the door. My attention immediately goes to the yellow tapestry on the bed. I was wondering if we would get red or blue, and I was kind of shocked to see the yellow. I liked it!

My eyes shift to the new cabinets that replaced the steamer trunks I had seen in photos, they're nice.... eyes shifting as I enter the room further....

There is a connecting door.

You can insert any phrase in here that you feel I would say, because I assure you it is not appropriate to type. Those who know me best can laugh at their best guess of my reaction right now.

This can not be real life. I have a moment of rage. I don't even know how this could be. I run to the couch to look it up online to make sure I'm not losing my mind. Everything I see says that this is a non-connecting room... but I'm looking at this DOOR that is clearly a connector. Now DH is riled up because he hates noise. The sign at guest services earlier said there are no upgrades, so that was out. Sigh. Apparently with the dry dock they added some connecting cabins and we were one of them. What can we do?? Let's just hope there is quiet people next door who thought they were getting a non-connector too.

Time to accept and move on and keep checking out the room......WHAT is THAT?

A decent sized puddle in my window? Clearly I'm not in the right frame of mind as I think to myself... we're going to drown. Then I remember that this is not a submarine.... we are above water. My guess is that we did have a leaky window and this happened while pressure washing. I sopped it up with a Kleenex so I didn't have to dwell on it.

King DH puts his feet up and starts to channel surf I get to work and start going thru all the papers and try to make a plan now that I have all this info. Every 3 minutes I open the door and look down the hall to see if our luggage is coming. This does not make the system go any faster, but I was a bit overstimulated. After an overview of paperwork I knew that I wanted to watch for spa offers, I wanted to see Disney Dreams (night 1) and Villains Tonight (night 2) for sure. Whoop Whoop there's our luggage! I wanted to unpack and get situated immediately and get that out of the way. There was plenty enough space for all of our stuff. We wayyyyy over packed. As I was unpacking, I realized how ridiculous it really was.

Just as we were putting the last pieces away, it was about time to get to the spa for the raffle. Not that I ever win anything, but hey... it's worth a shot.

From reading about locations on here, some people mention what a haul it is from side to side. We left with plenty of time to get back up to Senses, and still had time to explore a bit. I guess we're just accustomed to walking Disney World a couple times per week... but we thought everything was crazy close and nothing was more than a 7 minute walk away. I liked that.

Everyone piled into the fitness center and the drawing would start in 5 minutes!

Last edited by LuvLuvLuv; 12-03-2013 at 01:44 PM.
LuvLuvLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #22
interested
Kayla's Gramma

I am confused over the dining rotation concern. Did you think you wouldn't see the AP show because of Pirate night?
8th*02/28/04,7N-9th*09/18/04,7N10th*03/03/05,3N-11th.*6/11/05,7N-12th-10/13/05,4N13th.*02/25/06,7N-14th,04/15/06,7N-
15th,*10/14/06,7N-16th,2/24/07,7N-17th*,12/08/07,7N, 18th 4/20/08 4N,19th* 7/08 4N,20th*11/22/08 7N ,21st2/28/09 7N, 22nd 7/30/09 3N, 23rd 10/24/09 7N, 24th*12/17/09 3N, 25th 7/2010 5N ,26th* 11/13/2010 7N, 27th 11/5/2011 7N, 28th 14N 10/14/2012, 29th 7N 11/10/2012, 30th 14N 9/14/2013 *The times we have been blessed to have our grand daughter with us!
interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #23
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
I'm in! Excited to hear all about the new Magic!
Glad you were feeling better in time for your vacation
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ness0905 View Post
can't wait for this just planned our trip on the magic for april 28th and had not been thinking of doing a cruise at all so now I am in major planning mode and am trying to get all the info I can looking forward to your report
We may be jumping on that one if a FL rate comes out to make our May 2nd a B2B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colachdec View Post
Subbing. . . We were on this cruise, too! What an amazing time we had!! Can't wait to hear all abut your anniversary cruise.
FTR, we were all a little land sick and this was our third cruise, eek!
Ours lasted 3 days. Next time I may take some meds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Yay!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizDisney513 View Post
Tuning in for your report!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
I haven't logged into the DIS in a millennia...

ANYWAY, I would also do anything for the pizza. Just FYI. I want pictures of the room!
I'm very glad you're here

Quote:
Originally Posted by slindamood View Post
Loving your report! And the photos

We sail Dec. 18 and its so nice to see what it will be like arriving, checking in, etc.

-Waiting for more!
Hello!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkinfamily View Post
Loving your trip report
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Mark View Post
Going on the Magic 1/17/2014. Can't wait
Just over a month!! So exciting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm glad you're here Wish you could really be... HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Deena!!

Will print and get caught up later .... getting ready to go someplace today ...

heck you can give me an update in person!!

See you Wed!

Linda, remember to give me an update today
Hi Janet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Hello sweetie!!!! (I should TOTALLY be packing as we leave for the airport in a few hours...but in true PACKcrastination PAScrastination ....I'd much rather read your TR)
I hope you're having an amazing time!!! Happy to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Deena I can not wait to read more!
Well Hello there!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by interested View Post
I am confused over the dining rotation concern. Did you think you wouldn't see the AP show because of Pirate night?
Hello! They did not have us scheduled for a regular AP night, so the waitstaff would be in Pirate gear, we would have the Pirate menu (and never experience the AP menu), and there would be Pirate scenes on the screens. We were really looking forward to the AP show.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #24
mousefan5
Mouseketeer

We were also on this cruise. Had such a good time. Beautiful weather. Sad to come home to reality.
mousefan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #25
pas130
DIS Veteran

I think a leaky window would have me You handled yourself well Looking forward to more details
Old 12-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #26
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Great start, I so want to do a cruise one day.

Excited to read more.

Lisa29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:00 AM   #27
keighttf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
When he is presented with a situation where he has to call somewhere or talk to someone, he changes his voice, and almost a little bit of an English accent comes out. I remember a while ago I had asked him to call Red Lobster to see when they closed and I hear, "Um, yes ma'am, can you tell me what time your establishment closes?" Perhaps you needed to hear it, or know him personally to find it quite as funny as I do. I am visioning him going to Palo with his "phone voice" asking for a reservation with his "Um, yes Sir" salutation. I'm laughing as I type this.
:
I was literally laughing out loud reading this. My boyfriend is exactly like your husband he hates planning or details, hates socially being in a group of people he doesn't know, refuses to ask people for help unless absolutely needed. He also gets so ackward and uses what seems like a different vocabulary. Meanwhile I love planning, would be a travel agent if I would of realized it before too late in schooling, I also like meeting new people and have no problem talking to stangers when I need somthing. So funny.

Btw I really like the detail of your trip report. Looking forward to more.
keighttf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #28
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Loving the review...but where are the pictures.....we need those too!!!!
And yes the Magic did add a lot of connecting rooms and it wasn't know where till after she came back from refurb. Basically they told people they could not gaurantee you a room that did not connect because they (the reservations staff) did not know, only that several were being added.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #29
wishiwasindisneyjen
Earning My Ears

I love your report already and you haven't even set sail. I need more!
wishiwasindisneyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:24 PM   #30
daisygirl75
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to read more!!!!
daisygirl75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: