DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #16
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsewoman View Post
I am a little annoyed with the Magical Express system - our last trip was the first we'd used it and we had to be back at the hotel to leave 4 hrs before our flight because we had to stop at a couple other resorts first. That's a huge waste of my time - it literally wasted our day - and next time I book I"m going to ask where the bus goes first. I'd rather spend $50 on a car and have it pick me up when I want to leave. This is probably not the case all the time depending on where you stay and the bus routes they have. If there's a published document that anyone can point me to, then I'm all ears, but I'm going to assume that it changes an awful lot.
We just recently found the Mears can be arranged as little as the day before leaving. They call it a multi-stop van however the most we've experienced has been 2 stops. It's quick because the drivers really do want that tip. $28

We have also had to grab a cab in a hurry to arrange for a flight when our flight had been cancelled. The taxi was $58 (you would not have believed that trip - we tipped him $40 cash because he met the challenge). There was 4 adults BLT to MCO so $98 for 4 seemed like a deal plus we caught the flight - SNAP!

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #17
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

Wonder if some of the long time owners feel DVC service slippage isn't more they're tired of the Magic, the Parks, bought in '94 more for the perks and miss the 'suit' destination experience.

Annually we travel to other destinations checking off items on our bucket list but I've yet met anything that matches DVC for cleanliness or detail. I want to vacation in Capri's - no heels or dress - and still feel like I am at a nice place. To me Disney excels at making me feel like I am welcome in my Keen flips.

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #18
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Wonder if some of the long time owners feel DVC service slippage isn't more they're tired of the Magic, the Parks, bought in '94 more for the perks and miss the 'suit' destination experience.

Annually we travel to other destinations checking off items on our bucket list but I've yet met anything that matches DVC for cleanliness or detail. I want to vacation in Capri's - no heels or dress - and still feel like I am at a nice place. To me Disney excels at making me feel like I am welcome in my Keen flips.
I'm sure that plays in for some but DVC has clearly slipped from the early days. Some of it was necessary because they couldn't keep up the small personal package they started out with. However, when it comes to housekeeping and maintenance, they've clearly slipped as well.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #19
hrsewoman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
Ok, now you know that you cannot combine points from 2 resorts at 11 months but have you considered doing a split stay between AKV and BLT? They can both be used at the same 11 month window.

I did that this year, booked both my home resorts for an 11 day stay in September. 4 nights at BLT and 7 nights at BCV (ended up moving from BCV to BWV at 7 months).

Not to mention you can combine points from both to stay at either or for an entirely different resort at 7 months.
Yes, thanks for reminding me of that...and they will move your bags and stuff for you if you want. What we ended up doing is booking our 11 mos out at our home resort so we have a place to go regardless, and at the 7 mth window we'll see what BLT has open...we'd like to stay at the BCV at some point but that one seems awfully popular and hard to get into?
hrsewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #20
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsewoman View Post
Yes, thanks for reminding me of that...and they will move your bags and stuff for you if you want. What we ended up doing is booking our 11 mos out at our home resort so we have a place to go regardless, and at the 7 mth window we'll see what BLT has open...we'd like to stay at the BCV at some point but that one seems awfully popular and hard to get into?
Yes, they will move your bags and stuff for you, no problem.

BCV is small and a little hard to get into especially during F&W but I had luck one year at 7 months. We ended up buying a contract there after failing the next year. My kids had better luck getting a 1 bedroom fairly consistently. 1 bedrooms seem to go last.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: