Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #106
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Gothel View Post

really????? should I ask for new cards you think? can I meet you by the gingerbread carousel and borrow yours? lol
I'm sorry!! I would totally give them to you if they didn't have charging capabilities
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #107
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylevan

A room only reservation can be cancelled up to a week before check in without a penalty. The bands are shipped before that.
It was not a room only reservation.
LuvFFPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #108
amylevan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvFFPlus View Post
It was not a room only reservation.
So, you have an AP, yet booked a package with tickets just so you could cancel for a MB? Something is a bit fishy about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoWeGo View Post
AGREED! Please, everyone that has an OT beef about the use of cards, old and new, take them somewhere else. Let's stay on topic here so those reporting back have a place worthy of their time!
I'm sorry!!!! I'm done. I just have to call out things when I see them. My apologies!!!!!
2007 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2008 - Fort Wilderness
2010 (x2) - Fort Wilderness
2012 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Fort Wilderness
amylevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #109
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami

I don't think that's accurate. Mother Gothel, for example, posted she is at BC and her current KTTW cards do not work for FP-. Mine do. That is silly!
You should meet with her and verify. I have verified this morning that old cards doesn't work but current ones do.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #110
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Not at all. I also think they've mismanaged, failed to anticipate, and misinformed people at every turn. So some people showed their true colors and exploited the heck out of a grey area. It's not the way I roll, but again, how is it up to the mods to enforce something that Disney wasn't?
While it's not the MODS job to police these practices at the parks, it violates the rules here to offer advise on how to cheat the system and discussions of bringing old KTTW cards seems like it might fall into that category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
This thread is going downhill very fast.
Quite a few threads have spiraled into the abyss recently. If only we could detect a common denominator.

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #111
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
... Well it isn't funny. So how about this...

Do you think this will cause temporary relief for the up-to-now abused off-site guests. I guess it is time for the on-site guests to absorb the pain now.

It might ok for the next few weeks, isn't this a slower time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
I think it will ease things up for offsite for the next couple of weeks. And I'm sure the reason they are doing this now (if they really are) is to get ready for the onslaught of the Christmas-NewYears week.
I hope you two are right. We'll be there next Friday (Dec 6th-16th), staying offsite at Bonnet Creek. Hopefully if FP+ users are prevented from getting FP- there will be some left for us offsiters.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #112
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvFFPlus View Post
Stop posting lies you evil person. I paid for the band by not getting my deposit back and no room to stay. You should really run for office.
LuvFFPlus, whatever you are on, I hope I don't get it. Some serious denial on your part. You are so worried about proving what you did was okay and what others are doing are wrong, you replied to the same post twice (see below). What you did is no better then the people in September and October making ghost reservations in order to get a MagicBand. What you did was work the system because you wanted a MagicBand or FP+. Saying it is alright because you are freeing up FP- for others is delusional. And don't call people evil on the DIS, seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

But you're OK with making a resort reservation, then cancelling it in order to get your own magic band?

Of course im okay with it. That move limits me to the max 3 which you all hate and opens up the fp- so I can test the system.
You think the fact that I use MB takes away valuable fp from these 4 to 6 fp a ride/day people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

But you're OK with making a resort reservation, then cancelling it in order to get your own magic band?

Stop posting lies you evil person. I paid for the band by not getting my deposit back and no room to stay. You should really run for office.
wn01aa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #113
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
While it's not the MODS job to police these practices at the parks, it violates the rules here to offer advise on how to cheat the system and discussions of bringing old KTTW cards seems like it might fall into that category.
I don't disagree that it seemed like the wrong thing for people to be doing and I don't agree with the practice. What I am saying though is that if there was no rule by Disney saying this couldn't be done, then how can the mods close those threads? Hopefully this is all a mute point and that Disney is finally disallowing this practice, as I strongly support that move. I just don't know how the mods could have closed a thread based on "cheating the system" when Disney wasn't saying anywhere that it couldn't be done.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #114
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12
I think it is ridiculous that no MODS have piped up and said something about ppl talking about using OLD EXPIRED KTTW cards for pulling fast passes. In addition to their current bands and KTTW cards. It seems any time anybody talks about skirting a rule someone chimes in and either shuts down the thread or warns ppl not to discuss bypassing rules. But in NONE of these threads has anybody said a word about ppl admitting they are double and triple dipping. That kind of dishonesty is allowed on here? But not talking about skirting other rules?

I think it is cute that someone will admit to triple dipping but then clarify BUT OH we barely did it maybe once or twice. Mmhmmmm. Right. That makes it ok. And if I just reuse my old mug once or twice it is ok. If I just pool hop once or twice it is ok.

ETA: I was at WDW from Nov 10-16th and we stayed off site and had RFID tickets purchased directly through Disney and we were able to still use FP- So I couldn't care less about the other FP+ etc. I do know they will not take away FP- from off site guests until they have it in place to allow them also use FP+. Disney would never take FP away completely to those not staying in their resorts. They would lose a ton of business. I also don't mind if Disney starts charging for FP's. I will pay for them if I need to. Especially if you can use them more often than once every 2 hours. Since we usually only stay in the parks for 3 or 4 hours we don't use many FP's.
I just love how it's OK for magical Disney to do what's in their best interest but not the guest. Btw from my observations there is very little double and triple dipping going on. Matter of fact the FP kiosks have had very few people around them.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #115
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto

I don't disagree that it seemed like the wrong thing for people to be doing and I don't agree with the practice. What I am saying though is that if there was no rule by Disney saying this couldn't be done, then how can the mods close those threads? Hopefully this is all a mute point and that Disney is finally disallowing this practice, as I strongly support that move. I just don't know how the mods could have closed a thread based on "cheating the system" when Disney wasn't saying anywhere that it couldn't be done.
Okay I agree with this
Old 12-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #116
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I see what you're saying. I guess it's true that Disney technically never stated it was against the rules to do this. Someone might even make a comparison to using a FP late in times of yore... but that person would not be me. I stir the pot enough around here without resurrecting that debate.

Whether Disney has published an official "rule" on the matter, I think knowingly bringing an expired KTTW to game the FP system is no different than using it for EMH even if you are not staying onsite, or using last year's refillable mug.

Ratatouille, the Ride!

Last edited by magicbob; 12-01-2013 at 03:38 PM.
magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #117
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbyparker View Post
Can I say how absolutely relieved I am that I moved from ASMU to offsite for our upcoming trip?
I've been one that's complained that AP holders staying offsite were getting screwed by not being able to get FP+. However, now I'm feeling alot better about our offsite trip coming up in five days. We'd already made plans to do more things offsite, if the Disney part of the trip goes bad. If more FP- happen to be available, we may spend some extra days in the Disney parks, if not we still have our APs for Universal and Fun Passes for Sea World. We're going in with flexible plans that we can change on the fly.

Last edited by aubriee; 12-01-2013 at 03:47 PM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #118
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Dang, what a SNAFU this has become...

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #119
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee

I've been one that's complained that AP holders staying offsite were getting screwed by not being able to get FP+. However, now I'm feeling alot better about our trip coming up in five days. We'd already made plans to do more things offsit, if the Disney part of the trip goes bad. If more FP- happen to be available, we may spend some extra days in the Disney parks, if not we still have our APs for Universal and Fun Passes for Sea World. We're going in with flexible plans that we can change on the fly.
Hope you have a good time!
Old 12-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #120
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

[QUOTE=magicbob;50186403

Whether Disney has published an official "rule" on the matter, I think knowingly bringing an expired KTTW to game the FP system is no different than using it for EMH even if you are not staying onsite, or using last year's refillable mug.[/QUOTE]

Except, unlike the mugs, there is no signage saying it is wrong to use an old key to the world card to pull FPs. Nor is there a CM standing there checking the dates, like they do for EMH.
maxiesmom is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: