Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #91
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
But you're OK with making a resort reservation, then cancelling it in order to get your own magic band?
Nice catch. Ironic isn't it?
Old 12-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #92
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

But you're OK with making a resort reservation, then cancelling it in order to get your own magic band?
Of course im okay with it. That move limits me to the max 3 which you all hate and opens up the fp- so I can test the system.
You think the fact that I use MB takes away valuable fp from these 4 to 6 fp a ride/day people?
LuvFFPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #93
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto

Nice catch. Ironic isn't it?
What you did is a lot worse in terms of impacting the guest than I ever could have done.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #94
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvFFPlus View Post
Of course im okay with it. That move limits me to the max 3 which you all hate and opens up the fp- so I can test the system.
You think the fact that I use MB takes away valuable fp from these 4 to 6 fp a ride/day people?
Well, then lets try this another way and ask you your own question. Do you think that's really what Disney intended?
Old 12-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #95
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What you did is a lot worse in terms of impacting the guest than I ever could have done.
Ummm.. can you go back and read my posts again and get your facts straight? I haven't been to Disney in almost a year, said I have zero sympathy for people using KTTW cards from past trips and also said several times that I didn't agree. I'm going to have to ask you to read what you are arguing with before I respond because you are wrong.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #96
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Not at all. I also think they've mismanaged, failed to anticipate, and misinformed people at every turn. So some people showed their true colors and exploited the heck out of a grey area. It's not the way I roll, but again, how is it up to the mods to enforce something that Disney wasn't?
I'm sure they misinformed you when they didn't say "please no prior resort cards alowed"
Old 12-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #97
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Oh snap *snaps*
Old 12-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #98
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sure they misinformed you when they didn't say "please no prior resort cards alowed"

This is actually amusing. READ THE POSTS if you want an argument. There isn't one here.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #99
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Well, then lets try this another way and ask you your own question. Do you think that's really what Disney intended?
Lol by your definition there is no intent just clearly defined rules. So do you think I have the right to cancel a resort reservation or not within their rules? I didn't take my deposit back mind I tell you that? So I did pay for the band in a way.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #100
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lol by your definition there is no intent just clearly defined rules. So do you think I have the right to cancel a resort reservation or not within their rules? I didn't take my deposit back mind I tell you that? So I did pay for the band in a way.
While I am simply delighted that you are done arguing with me about things I didn't say and you were dead wrong about, I think I'll let someone else deal with you now.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #101
BuzzandAriel'smom
DIS Veteran

We did it today, 12/1 at Epcot. We rode Soarin standby and fast passed it. We have mb and fp+. We didn't use it any other time. It's worked all week for us though. We have used it once a day.

It seems like you should be able to reserve fast passes and add one or two while you're there by tapping your band on the fast pass distribution center. That would be perfect. Or to be able to reserve fp+ for the same ride in one day. If they did either one of these things there wouldn't be a need to "double dip"

Oh well, it's still working today. We'll see about tomorrow. Headed to mvmcp tonight!

Check out my blog @ www.busymamma.wordpress.com
Many childhood trips including dancing for Magic Music Days! Disneymooned in 1999 Best family trip ever, split stay Pop/AKL, September 2006
Me and DH trip to Universal March 2007 Carribean Beach Resort August 2007 Trip with both Grandmas AKV and BWV!November 2008 Spring Break WH 2010 and 2012!
BuzzandAriel'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #102
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

This thread is going downhill very fast.

Others may disagree with me on this, but I hope that those on-site who will be reporting their "access to FP-" experience in the next few days start one or more new threads for their reports.

Much easier for me to find first-hand reports that way, rather than having to wade through all of the "stuff" (present and undoubtedly future) on this thread to find those reports.

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #103
amylevan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can check the rules along with the time they ship out the band. By the time you get the band its already in penalty time. Go check yourself and decide.
A room only reservation can be cancelled up to a week before check in without a penalty. The bands are shipped before that.
2007 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2008 - Fort Wilderness
2010 (x2) - Fort Wilderness
2012 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Fort Wilderness
amylevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #104
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The ones don't work are the older resort cards. They just don't want people to know that and blame Disney for it.
I don't think that's accurate. Mother Gothel, for example, posted she is at BC and her current KTTW cards do not work for FP-. Mine do. That is silly!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #105
HiHoWeGo
It's off to work I go, until my next Disney visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
This thread is going downhill very fast.

Others may disagree with me on this, but I hope that those on-site who will be reporting their "access to FP-" experience in the next few days start one or more new threads for their reports.

Much easier for me to find first-hand reports that way, rather than having to wade through all of the "stuff" (present and undoubtedly future) on this thread to find those reports.
AGREED! Please, everyone that has an OT beef about the use of cards, old and new, take them somewhere else. Let's stay on topic here so those reporting back have a place worthy of their time!
1982 Spring break - Day trip
1972 Summer - Fort Wilderness Campground
HiHoWeGo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: