Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #61
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57

Ugh...that sounds like it might be a completely different messed up situation.
Just tried on space mountain and current KTTW and AP worked. Old media no longer works.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #62
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaluvPluto View Post
Seriously?? I am so sad that my sister hasn't had any luck like this. They fell on hard times and just started making money. They haven't been on vacation in 6 years and now they are having too many frustrations.

I'm glad it is working out for you.
I am just sad and angry reading the HOURS your family is having to spend on screw-ups...and then to hear it has been tough times and this was a much-needed break.....AWFUL.

This has been a really rough & challenging year for me, as well, just not (thankfully) financially. On top of that, I have to arrange for hard-to-find care for my differently-abled child in order to take a couples-only vacation. (Please don't think I am heinous for not taking our kids. We have been fortunate enough to take them 1-2 times per year for awhile.) I was desperately looking forward to a magical, stress-free vacation at my favorite place on this planet. I hope I will get that kind of vacation. We'll see tomorrow.
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #63
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
You says this like it's a bad thing.

Sounds like our trips (although AP), except we prefer the to the SB lines since all FP- are long gone.
We do have a great time.

Although at this point I think it might be cheaper to fly to key west and stay down there. If I am not riding rides - I like the eating and drinking establishments better. Or Portland, or charleston, or Santa Fe, or st. Pete beach, or Austin.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #64
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbyparker View Post
Can I say how absolutely relieved I am that I moved from ASMU to offsite for our upcoming trip?
Unless they are so crazy at Disney that they just shut off the FP- and take away the machines in the next week or so and make offsite guests and AP holders book 3 FP+ at a kiosk when they enter the park.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #65
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Just tried on space mountain and current KTTW and AP worked. Old media no longer works.
Thanks for the update!!! To summarize: we are now hearing, in the last short while, a check-in from earlier this week is today pulling MK paper FP's with current KTTW card and AP (you) and an 11/30 Beach Club check-in is today pulling Epcot paper FP's with current KTTW card.

Selfish me would like to know if anyone checking in today at ASMovies is pulling paper FP's with KTTW card.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #66
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by curemyreed View Post
I was desperately looking forward to a magical, stress-free vacation at my favorite place on this planet. I hope I will get that kind of vacation. We'll see tomorrow.
It is sad that you have to worry about this. I Wish you good luck!

The crowds should be more manageable. It will work out ok.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #67
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
Unless they are so crazy at Disney that they just shut off the FP- and take away the machines in the next week or so and make offsite guests and AP holders book 3 FP+ at a kiosk when they enter the park.
A year ago I would have called you crazy. Today? I find this completely within the realm of possibility.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #68
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for the update!!! To summarize: we are now hearing, in the last short while, a check-in from earlier this week is today pulling MK paper FP's with current KTTW card and AP (you) and an 11/30 Beach Club check-in is today pulling Epcot paper FP's with current KTTW card.

Selfish me would like to know if anyone checking in today at ASMovies is pulling paper FP's with KTTW card.
If it is just the old media and room-only KTTW that they have stopped from pulling FP- and current KTTW with tickets attached can still pull FP-, I might have to think once again about switching to another resort from POP. Though my luck the day after I do that the new resort will stop giving KTTW too. Hmmm, maybe Kenny's FP+ method still works, lol.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #69
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
It is sad that you have to worry about this. I Wish you good luck!

The crowds should be more manageable. It will work out ok.
Thank you for your kindness, bcrook. Really.

I did pick this week with the hope that there would be fewer crowds and I believe that will be the case. And the bottom line is, I am a Disney lover, and I will be in my favorite place with my best friend of 30 years who I was fortunate enough to marry. Even if I hit snags I will shake it off and make good memories. I have been known to sit around Epcot for hours enjoying drinks with DH and won't cry if I do more of that than I had planned.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #70
kdnmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
I would imagine you will be fine if you do not intend on linking the AP or single-day tickets to a MB. Heck as random as all this is you may be fine even if you do link the tickets to a MB.

My friend had linked her AP to her MB and signed up for FP+. In theory, you aren't supposed to be able to use both systems (FP+ and FP-), but that has not been the case since they are still in testing. When she tried to get a FP- using her AP and KTTW card she couldn't. For what ever reason the system either recognized that she shouldn't be using FP- or the mag strip on both the AP and KTTW card didn't work.
Whew, thanks! No, we will not have anything linked to MBs. We're trying to steer as far away from that mess as possible. This MB/FP+ fiasco is also, BTW, the reason we're not renewing our APs...
kdnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #71
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for your kindness, bcrook. Really.

I did pick this week with the hope that there would be fewer crowds and I believe that will be the case. And the bottom line is, I am a Disney lover, and I will be in my favorite place with my best friend of 30 years who I was fortunate enough to marry. Even if I hit snags I will shake it off and make good memories. I have been known to sit around Epcot for hours enjoying drinks with DH and won't cry if I do more of that than I had planned.
I have become very fond of the little outdoor shady area next to the Rose and Crown. It is a great location: nice pub and not too far away from the French pastries and ice cream. .
Old 12-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #72
DisneyElite4
Mouseketeer

Checking into WL in an hour. Will report back!

August 2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ October 2006: Beach Club ~ November 2006: Walt Disney World Swan Hotel ~ February 2007: Boardwalk Resort ~ March 2007: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ August 2007: Old Key West Resort ~ September 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ February 2008: All Star Movies ~ March 2008: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ July 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ November 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ April 2009: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ June 2009: Disney Wedding/Grand Floridian Resort ~ March 2010: Pop Century Resort ~ August 2010: Royal Pacific Resort ~ October 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village ~ June 2011: Grand Californian Resort ~ October 2011: Old Key West Resort ~ December 2013: Wilderness Lodge Villas
DisneyElite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #73
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
If it is just the old media and room-only KTTW that they have stopped from pulling FP- and current KTTW with tickets attached can still pull FP-, I might have to think once again about switching to another resort from POP. Though my luck the day after I do that the new resort will stop giving KTTW too. Hmmm, maybe Kenny's FP+ method still works, lol.
I DID change from Pop to ASMovies, so I may be "that guy" who changed and still didn't get access! We'll see tomorrow. I knew it was a risk when I made the switch. So I know exactly what you are talking about as far as changing resorts. I will switch resorts tomorrow if it is only rolled out to the Values. I have a ticket NOT attached, so that would be my fall-back FP use, if that is workable. For people on reservations with free dining plans or tickets attached to package there is not that same flexibility to change. The is the first time I have not been in that group, so normally I would not have as many options as I do this trip.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #74
kdnmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Thanks for the update!
kdnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #75
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyElite4
Checking into WL in an hour. Will report back!
I can confirm that only guests attempting to use OLD resort card is not getting FP-. If you have a current resort card is fine.About time the tripple dipping stops.
LuvFFPlus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: