Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

It's Been How Long Since Your Last Disney Trip?!? 06/22 This Isn't Goodbye

Hey there

Hello and Thanks for dropping by, we're glad to have you along for this "sleigh" ride in planning what has to be the most eagerly anticipated Disney trip ever!

Why the most eagerly anticipated trip ever you say? Well lets just say we have had to take an 3 year involuntary leave of absence from our second home

However, fear not, that leave of absence ends in 365 days on Sunday November 30th 2014, where we shall be flying to the most magical place on earth

So sit back, relax, grab a cup of tea and I'll get started on the Who, Where and When

Last edited by Stefy; 09-17-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
snoopygirl79
Mouseketeer

Yay, a new PTR!!

I'm so excited for you that you've got a trip planned!!

We're planning on going to WDW in August 2015 so I can't wait to read all about your plans!!

WDW - 2000, 2002, 2006
DLR 2003
DLP - 1997, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014

Can't wait to take our DDs to WDW in 2015!!
snoopygirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

I'm in too!
Soopafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Count me in!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
Stefy

Who

Well I guess we'll start with me...

My name is Stephanie (Stef or Stefy) and I am a Disney Addict. I love all things Disney and can't get enough of the most Magical Place on Earth!

Favourite Character: Stitch
Favourite Princess: Belle
Favourite Movie: Beauty and the Beast is my favourite classic, recent I would have to say Tangled, obsessed with that movie and my fav scene is the Lantern scene.
Favourite Pixar: Monsters Inc
Favourite Park: A toss up between MK and Epcot, but I would have to say MK is strongly in the lead

Next up is my wonderful, amazing, gorgeous husband David (or Dave or Davo)...

He is also a Disney fanatic and if he had his way we would never go anywhere else but Disney World.

Favourite Character: Stitch
Favourite Movie: Lion King
Favourite Pixar: Toy Story 3
Favourite Park: Magic Kingdom
Old 11-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #6
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Subscribing! So great to 'see' you back here

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Yay! I'm happy you are headed back. A 3 year hiatus would be tough! Can't wait to follow along though I am not as diligent a DISer as I once was.
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #8
Stefy

Where & When

Before I get into Where and When, let me give you some background on how this trip came about.

Our last trip to Disney was in 2011 for our honeymoon. We haven't been back since for various reasons, the biggest one being that things became quite difficult for us at the beginning of 2012. I won't go into too much detail, but basically we have found these past two years rather difficult for various reasons and I also went through a little bad spell myself during the first part of this year. This made it rather difficult to plan our next trip to Disney and we have waited and bided our time and finally I am happy to say we are now in a place where we can start planning again

So, back to Where. We were uhm-ing and ah-ing about where to stay and were factoring in costs (thanks Disney for raising costs even more this year) and settled upon the lovely...

Animal Kingdom Lodge

We picked AKL for a couple of reasons, the first being that budget wise it worked out better to stay Deluxe (for the UK offer we were getting) over a Moderate as we get free dining when staying at a Deluxe and only QS dining at a Moderate. The second was that The Poly just was too expensive and quite frankly we are in a different stage of our lives where spending $8,000 for a 10 night vacation is just not sensible anymore. However, we are trying to put money aside in case we are able to upgrade, as come on, its the Poly! Its home!

When

When indeed was the question we both debated over. September is pretty much our go to date, as the weather is amazing, its (supposedly) a quieter time of year to go both here in the UK and the US and its Halloween But then, we (well mostly me) have always wanted to go back during the Christmas period, as the last time that happened was in 2008 and we were still pretty much Disney rookies and were learning the ropes.

Dave mentioned a good point in that we have done Halloween 3 times and Christmas once. That decided it right there and then, we would go for Christmas Now the dates, we would never dream of going during the actual Christmas period, as its just way too busy for us and would be more for a time when we decide to do a random trip, not a "reunion" trip as such.

So, we've decided on November 30th for 10 nights, leaving December 10th. which means we get to experience MVMCP again (so excited I can't tell you ).
Old 11-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #9
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopygirl79 View Post
Yay, a new PTR!!

I'm so excited for you that you've got a trip planned!!

We're planning on going to WDW in August 2015 so I can't wait to read all about your plans!!

Yay you made it Wow 2015! Hopefully time will fly by for you, we know exactly what it feels like to wait for a Disney trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopafly View Post
I'm in too!
Hello you

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Count me in!
Thanks for joining in, good to see you again

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Subscribing! So great to 'see' you back here

Emma x
Thanks hun, glad you could make it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Yay! I'm happy you are headed back. A 3 year hiatus would be tough! Can't wait to follow along though I am not as diligent a DISer as I once was.
Uh 3 years is defo tough and I'm not a very patient person I was off the grid for a while, so I know what you mean about not being as diligent, but I'm glad you made it over. Hope the family is well
Old 11-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #10
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Hi Stefy! Thanks for the heads up on the new PTR!

Hope you are both well. I'm not on the boards much as makes me want to plan another trip and can't atm due to budgets and the costs of a trip Hopefully I'll get to go back one day but in the meantime I'll enjoy reading about your plans.

Happy planning!
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #11
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Aw, Stefy, thanks so much for the link to your next trip! I have so loved reading your reports. And I loved seeing your wedding.

Can't wait to read all about this trip!

And, Welcome Back!
Old 11-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #12
MEK
DIS Veteran

Welcome back Stefy. I'm in. I really enjoyed your other TRs. And you even got Tanz to post on the boards. I am thoroughly impressed.

I just stayed at the AKL in the DVC villas and it was fabulous. I think its an excellent choice for your vacation.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:58 AM   #13
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO glad to see you back on the boards, Stefy! And I would not miss this PTR for the world. Thanks for the link.

Okay, now going back to read!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #14
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Hey Stefy! So excited to read your PTR. I've been MIA from the DIS a lot too. I'm like 3 trips behind on TRs.

Sorry to hear you guys have had a rough couple of years but hopefully things are starting to turn around for you. You deserve nothing but great things! You are Dave are the best!

I have never been during Christmas so I'm excited to hear about your plans and your trip. We are planning on going in August. I would love for our trips to overlap one of these times! We need to share a beer in Epcot!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #15
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Stefy! Thanks for the heads up! So nice to see you here again and I'm glad things are going better for you. I'm looking forward to your plans and your trip. Christmas is the "Most wonderful time of the year!"
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: