Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #61
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

I love seeing how the characters interact with Kira and am happy to see how your blogging and trippies have brought so many friends in your lives.

I'm sorry the heat and crowds were so heavy. That couldn't have helped with your energy level. That rash looks unbearable.
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #62
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post

Yes, RLS and Lupus, it's a lovely combination

Hmm coconut water...I've tried everything else, why not that! When I am a little healthier, I will grab some and I will let you know how it goes, thanks! Oh and good for you, no more RLS, it is a HORRIBLE thing
It really is horrid. My DH thought it was a myth until he married me and started getting kicked every night. I know the coconut water sounds odd, but hey, it worked.

Quote:
LOL! I don't know, it must be a trick! Him and Bendy are members of the one-legged Disney Trip Report Club

Boy was she!!!

She was so taken with the face characters that she had a hard time looking away from them when I took photos

Last time, she was just wowed by them, she didn't care all that much about getting signatures but this year she took great pride in getting all the signatures

She's even using her book to get her "collection" badge in Brownies (Girl Scouts)

Bah hah hah! Those are awesome pics!

And ouch on the rash. I'm glad you were still able to enjoy your trip, but no fun for sure.

Last edited by geckodani; 11-27-2013 at 11:09 AM.
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #63
Cajun28
Mouseketeer

Hi, Cass, weird dude here.....

I can't believe I actually made it into a Cass trip report....My life is complete now!

Seriously, it was great having supper with you guys. So nice finally meeting You and Rob in person and Kira is every bit the sweetheart she seems to be in your pictures. Thanks again for taking time out of your busy trip to spend with us.

Let me know whenever your next trip is planned and we'll make every attempt come down and meet. Hopefully, we can spend a little more time together next time, "eh".

Hope you're feeling better.

Looking forward to the rest of your report!
Cajun28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #64
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfam View Post
Ouch Cass! That looks like it itches like crazy! I'm enjoying the report so far, can't wait to see the next installment.
Thanks for reading and replying, means a lot to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
I love seeing how the characters interact with Kira and am happy to see how your blogging and trippies have brought so many friends in your lives.

I'm sorry the heat and crowds were so heavy. That couldn't have helped with your energy level. That rash looks unbearable.
Thanks hun! Over the years, I've questioned whether or not I have posted too much stuff online but I always come back to the fact that I am so blessed to be able to share my life with others and have connected with so many wonderful people over the years by doing it, so I am so glad I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
It really is horrid. My DH thought it was a myth until he married me and started getting kicked every night. I know the coconut water sounds odd, but hey, it worked.

Bah hah hah! Those are awesome pics!

And ouch on the rash. I'm glad you were still able to enjoy your trip, but no fun for sure.
I love those pics too

Yeah, I had some health issues this trip. Definitely the hardest Disney trip I have ever taken but it was sooo worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun28 View Post
Hi, Cass, weird dude here.....

I can't believe I actually made it into a Cass trip report....My life is complete now!

Seriously, it was great having supper with you guys. So nice finally meeting You and Rob in person and Kira is every bit the sweetheart she seems to be in your pictures. Thanks again for taking time out of your busy trip to spend with us.

Let me know whenever your next trip is planned and we'll make every attempt come down and meet. Hopefully, we can spend a little more time together next time, "eh".

Hope you're feeling better.

Looking forward to the rest of your report!
LOL, hey weird dude

It was our pleasure! And thanks again for dinner, I totally forgot to mention that you bought that night

Good food and good friends, in WDW...doesn't get much better, eh?
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #65
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

sounds like a very busy day and you did really well. I know how tiring that can be when feeling well! Kira looks like she is just having a ball. I am so excited for her!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #66
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:

Love love love these pics!!!

Quote:
I've "known" Mark for over 3 years now. He reached out to me back in 2010 via email after reading my blog. (back when I had the time and motivation to have a blog)

He had just read about my near-death experience with Lupus pneumonia and wanted to let me know about a dear friend of his that was going/had gone through very similar events recently. Sadly, his friend did not make it but through many emails over the years, we became friends, so it's nice to know that something good came if it.
Aren't "internet friends" some of the best ever? I know I've found a few that I love dearly! I just wish I could meet up with them more often.

Quote:

Unfortunately, it has only gotten worse since and I've had to up my meds. Like other chronic illness meds, there's always a good and bad side to taking them.
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #67
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:

Kira found several things she wanted and we found a few things too. We got new Disney car decals, which was bittersweet since our truck still has our old ones which included our cat Goofy, who passed away in 2010 and our dog Stitch, who passed away earlier this year. So, we only had to replace the three of us and one pet one for our dog Lilo.

I'm still not ready to replace them just yet but we have them for when I am ready.
And here I thought I was being soooo original! LOL!!! Well, now you have more than you need.

Quote:
As we were waiting to start moving, I spotted this family waiting for the next tram...seconds before I took this pic, all three of them had the same pose as the lady in the front. I just had to giggle and mutter "I hear ya!"

Whahahahahaha!!! I feel her pain!
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #68
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 3 - Part 1 - Every Person Comes Out Tired

Up early as usual. While I get ready, these two were cuddling

I made Kira and Rob breakfast in the room and then while Rob was finishing his fruit salad, Kira and I checked out the quiet pool...

Our room is directly behind the gorgeous potted palms.

Love the big potted palms...I took several pics of them but I will post my fave

Then we were off to EPCOT, my second favourite park!

They really need to open another bag check line!

I always give Rob the back pack so that I can get through quicker and take pics, watch Kira and then help him get all put back together.

Then off into the ridiculous line-up awaiting park opening.

Easy peasy going through the turnstyles again. Just remember to always use the same finger you used the first time!

A quick stop for some obligatory pics...

And a peek at our Epcot counterparts...

And then we were off to Test Track....

Sorry, too many pics, will continue in next chapter!

Last edited by Timon; 11-30-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #69
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 3 - Part 2 - "Just because you like it, doesn't mean I will like it!"

First up was Test Track!

It was the first time for us to see the new Tron-ish make over and I really didn't think I would like it because like most Disney geeks, I don't like it when they miss with the rides. Turns out I actually kinda loved it

It was pretty much walk on heading into the design area.

Kira LOVED designing it herself with just a little help from her daddy.

Once that was done, there was a bit of a line up the ramp, so Kira had a snack, of course!

They tell you after you design your vehicle to tap your band, which Kira did, and then you're supposed to tap it just as you get in the car and it's supposed to do something but I didn't notice anything and our screen was blank the whole time.

Now, I really didn't think Kira would have any problems with this ride. I truly thought she would enjoy it

She asked me before we got on what the ride was like and I said "It's just like being on Deerfoot", which is the main expressway that runs through Calgary that we take almost every day.

Just after we got on...love this shot It makes me laugh every time I look at both of their faces!

Well, she did really well until the outside part.

She was NOT happy with me!!!

Once we got off and got past the photo area, she yelled "THAT WAS NOT LIKE DEERFOOT!!!"

I told her that I was sorry that she didn't like it but that I was proud of her for trying it. Yeah, that didn't work . The more she talked about it, the more upset she got. She was in full-on meltdown mode and I really didn't want her to be so upset that she wouldn't enjoy the rest of the day so I told her that I was truly sorry and that I would like to make it up to her. So, I led her into MouseGear and told her she could pick out a little treat.

Well, that worked like a charm

She got a few gummies and a Rapunzel pin.

Next up was our FP+ for Soarin'.

So as we were walking over to The Land, she asked me a million questions about Soarin`

She wasn't falling for the Deerfoot trick and she wanted DETAILS!!!

I PROMISED her that she would like this one. I told her that it was one of her mommy and daddy's favourite rides at Disney, to which she replied..

"Just because you like it, doesn't mean I will like it!"

Disney really needs to do something about the access to Soarin'. The escalator was broken (again!) and so everyone had to take the very narrow staircase and because people were using it to go up and down, there was a huge line just to use the darn stairs!!!

Then, we fought the craziness that is the Soarin' entrance in order to find the FP return line, only to find another big line!

We stood in this line, unmoving, for a good 6-7 minutes! Which, of course, when you are just trying to get into the FP return line, feels like an eternity! The problem with the MB stuff is that if just ONE person has a problem, they hold up the entire line and in that small crowded area, well, it wasn't fun or pretty!

Finally got through and down to the doors, where Kira was still asking questions about how high you go

Although she was extremely trepidatious when we boarded, afterwards, as we were leaving the ride room, she exclaimed, at the top of her lungs...

"I LOVED THAT RIDE!!!!!!!!!! LET'S DO IT AGAIN!"

Last edited by Timon; 11-30-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #70
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Hi,

I've been lurking for a little while and thought I'd finally come out and say "hi"

I read your other TR a while ago and remembered how adorable Kira was.

Shame she didn't like Test Track, but at least you redeemed yourself with the treats lol

I have a seven year old too who also loves Soarin.
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #71
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 3 - Part 3 - Aker...SHOOSH! I am trying to eat my food!

We had a ressie for the Princess Storybook Breakfast at Akershus, in Norway so we high-tailed it over there after Soarin'

Where there was yet another line to check-in. We arrived at 10:40 am, 5 minutes before our reservation but we didn't get to the front until about 10:50! Meanwhile, Kira found a rock she could climb (as did all the other kids waiting lol) and patiently waited there.

We checked in only to wait in another line...more waiting...

As we got closer to the restaurant, she climbed down and started checking out her autograph book to pass the time.

While we waited, a man behind us saw Rob's shirt (he always wears a Canada shirt when we go to Epcot) and asked us if we were Canadian. He wanted to know if we had any Canadian money on us that he could buy because his son was working on a project for school and the topic was Canada. Well, he lucked out because Rob had every denomination of every coin and bill (up to a $20) except for a ten dollar bill! The father was stoked and thanked him repeatedly

Then they called our name!! It was OUR TURN

...to stand in another line!!!

We were about 10 families back from meeting up with Belle.

Keep this in mind when you make your reservations that have a character at the front...make your ressie for about 20-30 minutes before you actually want to eat! I really gotta remember that for next time!

A quick signature and pic with Belle.

Then it was time to FEAST!

We've only done this meal once before, back in 2009 and it was soooo good! We all loved it back then and so we decided it was a must-do on every trip. The last few visits, I've had terrible luck with Disney food. When we first started going to Disney together in 1999, all the food was amazing. I can't remember a bad meal during our first few visits. In 2007, the food quality started slipping, with only a few really good meals and most just okay meals.

Usually, if we found a great place to eat, we would go back only to find it was mediocre at best. With Akershus being one of our faves from last time, I was so worried that it wouldn't live up to our last visit.

Let me say now that this was my absolute favourite meal of the ENTIRE two weeks!!!

Oh my GOD, it was delicious!!!!!!!!!

There is a cold buffet, which I didn't even bother to look at this time (wanted to save room for the good stuff!) and then they deliver to your table a plate filled with bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and potatoes.

Here is Rob's plate from the cold buffet...

And here is the good stuff....*cue angels singing*

And here is my first plate...

I can't say enough about it! It was even better than the last time!!!

I was so distracted by the deliciousness that I didn't realize that the lid of the pepper shaker was REALLY loose...

Ooops!!!

Both Rob and our server asked me if I wanted a new plate. I said nope and just brushed off the pepper and ate away Don't touch my food people!!

I did ask her for a second platter though so that I could have pepper-free seconds

Sigh....the eggs...

The bacon....

The potatoes, OMG, the potatoes!!!

Sigh!

People, if you have a little girl in your party, go make a reservation NOW!!! Heck, even if you don't, go eat there! For breakfast though! Lunch and dinner have some weird food

What an amazing meal!!!!!

Oh...wait...I think I am forgetting something...

Bacon, sausage....eggs, potatoes...check, check, check, check!!!

OHHH!!

I know!

They also had some princesses there I think

Last edited by Timon; 11-30-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #72
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 3 - Part 4 - Oh yeah, the princesses!

Kira was on because this meal was chock full of princesses! Which is a good and bad thing. The bad part was that she hardly ate, like all other character meals

She was just too darn excited to eat!

It's okay, I ate enough for her...and maybe for another couple little kids

They even had a little princess march through the restaurant, which she also loved!

Then came the princesses, one after the other!

Dammit, they kept interrupting my food eating!!!

First up was Snow White...

Then Ariel, who loved Kira's book so much, she looked at every single page

Then Aurora...

And finally Cindy!

Kira was on a princess high, Rob was on a food high and I was about to go into a food coma

I have not eaten that much in years!!! Seriously, I ate a lot of food.

As I was about to blow up, I thought of a joke from a Louis C.K. show that I watched on Netflix...

"I donít stop eating when Iím full. The meal is not over when Iím full. The meal is over when I hate myself! Thatís when I stop."

It was a pricey meal, as is every Disney character buffet but this one, unlike the others, was:

WORTH

EVERY

PENNY!!!

Old 11-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #73
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Now THIS is the Cass we all know and love, the trip report has officially begun, mega foodie pics and we LOVE IT!!!! I swear, something about your food, it makes me feel like we're sitting right there with a fork , oh yum!!! Nice job. And how much do I love that cuddling picture at the beginning, melt my heart why don't ya.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #74
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I have heard that escalator is supposed to be closed for several months for some reason. I heard they are letting people out a back door to keep crowds down now.
We enjoyed our meals at akershus too. We have only done dinner so far, but I do want to try breakfast and yours looked so yummy.

I am laughing about the Test Track ride. We have had a few incidents like that where I thought things would be fine and they were less than perfect.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #75
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
sounds like a very busy day and you did really well. I know how tiring that can be when feeling well! Kira looks like she is just having a ball. I am so excited for her!
She had a blast! Thanks Jen, for the kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
Aren't "internet friends" some of the best ever? I know I've found a few that I love dearly! I just wish I could meet up with them more often.
Yes, they are the very bestest!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
And here I thought I was being soooo original! LOL!!! Well, now you have more than you need.
Ohhh I like yours much better! Had you given them to us earlier, I wouldn't have gotten the other ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Hi,

I've been lurking for a little while and thought I'd finally come out and say "hi"
I read your other TR a while ago and remembered how adorable Kira was.

Shame she didn't like Test Track, but at least you redeemed yourself with the treats lol

I have a seven year old too who also loves Soarin.
Hi and welcome

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to post

Yeah, treats are always a good bribe I wish we had more time to go on Soarin' again, seems like it's very popular for that age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Now THIS is the Cass we all know and love, the trip report has officially begun, mega foodie pics and we LOVE IT!!!! I swear, something about your food, it makes me feel like we're sitting right there with a fork , oh yum!!! Nice job. And how much do I love that cuddling picture at the beginning, melt my heart why don't ya.
LOL, you just want a food trippie, don'tcha

Well, there's more where that came from but it was mostly eaten by Rob I actually didn't find a lot of food that I liked

And I love that pic too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I have heard that escalator is supposed to be closed for several months for some reason. I heard they are letting people out a back door to keep crowds down now.
We enjoyed our meals at akershus too. We have only done dinner so far, but I do want to try breakfast and yours looked so yummy.

I am laughing about the Test Track ride. We have had a few incidents like that where I thought things would be fine and they were less than perfect.
I think I saw a pic on Josh's site showing that the escalator was fixed but I would have to double check that They need to build another set of stairs right at the front though

Oh definitely try the breakfast then Jen

I seriously didn't think she would freak out about TT She normally doesn't mind fast, it's anything high up or that gives her butterflies that she hates

She was soooo mad

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: