Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #1381
budafam
DIS Veteran
 
budafam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,304

We just booked this morning October 25th-31st at Boardwalk. It will be our first time staying there.. very excited! On the 31st we leave for our first Disney cruise. As excited as I am for that trip, I leave in 8 days for AKV so I'm a little preoccupied for the moment. It's always nice to know I WILL be back
budafam is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #1382
The Sunrise Student
aka Sunshine
 
The Sunrise Student's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
This is another test. They are sending out flash drives to people arriving in the first quarter of next year. Early reports are that the drive has 2 links to online videos that explain MDE and FP+.
Ahhhh, ok... My trip isn't till end of May so we'll see if I get the flash drive too. I am sure they will not send any magic bands nor the flash drive until the trip is totally paid off. And I am cheating and waiting until the last minute to see if any discounts come out that I can get Disney to apply to my current reservations
__________________
For "The Sunrise Student" there is treasure among books... (Can you tell me what Disney Movie this is from?) Enyo Cosplay https://www.facebook.com/EnyoCosplay



PAST TRIPS WDW:
May/June 2014 (SWW) - BWI ~ May 2013 (SWW) - Swan ~ Oct 2010 - Windsor Hills 6 Bedrm Home ~ June 2010 - POR ~ Jan 2009 - WL ~ Dec 2006 - SoG ~ Oct 2005 - Radisson ~ Dec/Jan 2003/04 - Days Inn ~ July 1987 - 1st trip to FL
The Sunrise Student is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #1383
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
We are able to do online check in for our split stay in January. WE have never stayed at BWV. Any advice on room requests for our family? We will have a double stroller and will be going to HS and Epcot.
What BWV-type did you book? I can't offer BWV location advice, (but I could for BLT). I can tell you that OCI is very limiting, so make sure whatever you do request, call the WDTC and have your request(s) added to your reservation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
This is another test. They are sending out flash drives to people arriving in the first quarter of next year. Early reports are that the drive has 2 links to online videos that explain MDE and FP+.
Between the RFID mugs, TragicBands with both long and short range chips and now flash drives, maybe we'll just be taking virtual-'Holodeck' Disney vacations soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Hello WDWKOOK! I just wanted to check in with you and say we are booked for Aug 20-24 at a BWI BW-view room. I just love it here and can't wait until August!

Off BWI topic: Sadly we changed our March FWC to GF because CRO called me to cancel our Mickey's Backyard BBQ ressies due to a longer than expected reno. We really wanted our FWC experience to be in cooler weather and almost completely FW centric, so we decided we will book it for Feb/Mar 2015 instead. I am keeping up the good fight to stay there ...and to get you that TR.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, KOOK! (well, it almost looks like a pilgrim hat!)
And a big gobble, gobble to you and yours! I shall add you to the BWB and I will wait patiently until 2015 for your FWC review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabronxx View Post
83 days and a wake up.
Welcome to the thread and the DIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
We just booked this morning October 25th-31st at Boardwalk. It will be our first time staying there.. very excited! On the 31st we leave for our first Disney cruise. As excited as I am for that trip, I leave in 8 days for AKV so I'm a little preoccupied for the moment. It's always nice to know I WILL be back
Congratulations and I'll add you, too. All of your vacations sound wonderful! Have a great time at AKV and don't eat too many Zebra Domes.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #1384
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p
 
gometros's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 7,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Between the RFID mugs, TragicBands with both long and short range chips and now flash drives, maybe we'll just be taking virtual-'Holodeck' Disney vacations soon
Would that be so bad? I'm imaging holodeck a la Star Trek. Whenever you need an escape, you just program in the Disney park of your choice and step inside. No airfare to deal with, no crowds and no bill at the end of your stay ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
__________________
Sandy / @SandyCanetti / DVC '96

Last edited by gometros; 11-27-2013 at 12:57 PM.
gometros is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 05:15 AM   #1385
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

All Disney Vacation Club members staying at a Walt Disney World resort -- on a reservation booked using either points or cash -- can access the Top of the World Lounge in Bay Lake Tower nightly through December 29, 2014. The perk extends to members and others in their traveling party. At least one member must accompany the group and provide a Key to the World card or blue Disney Vacation Club member ID card to gain entrance. Walt Disney World transportation must be used to reach Bay Lake Tower. Parking is only permitted to guests staying at Disney's Contemporary Resort or Bay Lake Tower. Lounge access is not available on select blockout dates which currently includes December 30-31, 2013, and July 3-4, 2014. Top of the World Lounge features a full bar, limited menu of appetizers and seating for approximately 77 guests. An outdoor deck is also available to view the nightly Magic Kingdom fireworks. Lounge access and seating are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Admission begins at approximately 5:00pm nightly.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pro...tended-to-2014

~AllEars
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #1386
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p
 
gometros's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 7,464

Got our Magic Band flash drive this week

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
__________________
Sandy / @SandyCanetti / DVC '96
gometros is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #1387
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,107

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Between the RFID mugs, TragicBands with both long and short range chips and now flash drives, maybe we'll just be taking virtual-'Holodeck' Disney vacations soon
.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Would that be so bad? I'm imaging holodeck a la Star Trek. Whenever you need an escape, you just program in the Disney park of your choice and step inside. No airfare to deal with, no crowds and no bill at the end of your stay ;-)
Where do I get one and how much does it cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
All Disney Vacation Club members staying at a Walt Disney World resort -- on a reservation booked using either points or cash -- can access the Top of the World Lounge in Bay Lake Tower nightly through December 29, 2014. The perk extends to members and others in their traveling party. At least one member must accompany the group and provide a Key to the World card or blue Disney Vacation Club member ID card to gain entrance. Walt Disney World transportation must be used to reach Bay Lake Tower. Parking is only permitted to guests staying at Disney's Contemporary Resort or Bay Lake Tower. Lounge access is not available on select blockout dates which currently includes December 30-31, 2013, and July 3-4, 2014. Top of the World Lounge features a full bar, limited menu of appetizers and seating for approximately 77 guests. An outdoor deck is also available to view the nightly Magic Kingdom fireworks. Lounge access and seating are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Admission begins at approximately 5:00pm nightly.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pro...tended-to-2014

~AllEars
The view from the top of BLT is amazing and a wonderful place to watch Wishes or Hallowishes. Then, a short wait for the elevator to get to the ground floor, walk to MK, and bus back to BWV. There is a terrace to stand outside with a guard wall. I have enjoyed a nice beer out there, fireworks, and the music piped in numerous times.

Not so thrilled about the lounge. We've been twice. There aren't many great views of Wishes given the seating. The service was abysmal. The glowing ice cubes were fun for the dds, but that was about it for inside the lounge.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #1388
smidgy
dimples
 
smidgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chicago area
Posts: 6,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
We are able to do online check in for our split stay in January. WE have never stayed at BWV. Any advice on room requests for our family? We will have a double stroller and will be going to HS and Epcot.
the hallways are pretty long. you could either request close to the elevators, or 2nd floor, so you wouldn't need an elevator to get to the lobby,

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Between the RFID mugs, TragicBands with both long and short range chips and now flash drives, maybe we'll just be taking virtual-'Holodeck' Disney vacations soon.
"tragic bands" !!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
:

The view from the top of BLT is amazing and a wonderful place to watch Wishes or Hallowishes. Then, a short wait for the elevator to get to the ground floor, walk to MK, and bus back to BWV. There is a terrace to stand outside with a guard wall. I have enjoyed a nice beer out there, fireworks, and the music piped in numerous times.

Not so thrilled about the lounge. We've been twice. There aren't many great views of Wishes given the seating. The service was abysmal. The glowing ice cubes were fun for the dds, but that was about it for inside the lounge.
the lounge itself is so-so. we only went in and ordered a drink to help keep it running. and tip the poor workers stuck there. we went outonto the observation deck for the fireworks.

a lot of people just go up to the observation deck for the fireworks, which is well within your rights. since we have no kids with us we thought we would go up a bit early and sit at the bar for a cocktail , just to support it.
smidgy is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #1389
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245








WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #1390
toolmanjan
Never enough Disney
 
toolmanjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester NJ
Posts: 89

Sign me up!
Will be staying at the BWVs 12/22 to 12/30. Our first Christmas in WDW!
DVC members since '00
toolmanjan is offline  
Old 11-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #1391
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmanjan View Post
Sign me up!
Will be staying at the BWVs 12/22 to 12/30. Our first Christmas in WDW!
DVC members since '00
We are at WL the same dates and it will be DH's first Christmas at WDW
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 11-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #1392
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,419

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmanjan View Post
Sign me up!
Will be staying at the BWVs 12/22 to 12/30. Our first Christmas in WDW!
DVC members since '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
We are at WL the same dates and it will be DH's first Christmas at WDW
Have some egg nog in my honor while you're there!

Enjoy both of you!
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming BWV Dec'14, BLT Jul'15, BWV/DCL Fantasy Sep'15
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 05:26 AM   #1393
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Have some egg nog in my honor while you're there!

Enjoy both of you!
I love egg nog - do they offer it at Territory Lounge this time of year? Then I can toast all the DISers who couldn't be there
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #1394
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy
 
Tigger's ally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Windsor, Il
Posts: 1,105

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I love egg nog - do they offer it at Territory Lounge this time of year? Then I can toast all the DISers who couldn't be there
Territory Lounge is my favorite little hiding place. I walked past it 5 times before finally going in. Been back a few hundred times since.
Tigger's ally is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #1395
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.
 
Piglets Mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania....way too far north of the Mouse!
Posts: 7,373

I just booked our return trip "Home" to BWV. We will be there from Oct 31-Nov. 4. I can't wait! Bringing my MIL this trip. Her Birthday is Nov 1
__________________
DH Me DS ,13 DD,10
Piglets Mommy is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: