Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
queenpatricia
Mouseketeer

special anniversary deals

I remember when we had our 40th anniversary, we made reservations at the Under the Sea restaurant & we had special menus & also our kids had a cake sent to us. Well, we are now celebrating our 45th & would like to know if anyone knows what we can do this year. There is another couple celebrating their anniversary too & would like to have something for them too.
Please help. We will be leaving next week & will arrive in FL on Thursday.
queenpatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:31 AM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenpatricia View Post
I remember when we had our 40th anniversary, we made reservations at the Under the Sea restaurant & we had special menus & also our kids had a cake sent to us. Well, we are now celebrating our 45th & would like to know if anyone knows what we can do this year. There is another couple celebrating their anniversary too & would like to have something for them too. Please help. We will be leaving next week & will arrive in FL on Thursday.
You can have a note added to your ADR indicating you're celebrating an anniversary (you have to call to add the note). At the podium, you can also tell the CM. The restaurant and/or server may or may not do anything to acknowledge the celebration. Special touches I've experienced included complementary desserts (usually a cupcake), confetti on the table, customized menu, or complementary champagne. We've also had servers that did nothing, so there is no guarantee that anything will happen even if you tell them it's your anniversary. It's better if you go expecting nothing to happen because then you won't be disappointed.

The only way to guarantee that anything will happen is to order a cake. You can buy a plain round cake at most of the check-in podium. You can also have a custom cake pre-ordered. They're pricey and only available for delivery to select restaurants.
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/disney-world-cakes-faq/

(When you say "Under the Sea" restaurant, do you mean the Coral Reef in Epcot?)
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenpatricia View Post
I remember when we had our 40th anniversary, we made reservations at the Under the Sea restaurant & we had special menus & also our kids had a cake sent to us. Well, we are now celebrating our 45th & would like to know if anyone knows what we can do this year. There is another couple celebrating their anniversary too & would like to have something for them too.
Please help. We will be leaving next week & will arrive in FL on Thursday.
I agree with the last poster. The special menu at Coral Reef is no longer available, as most "special" things are not. People got to expect things and got nasty with CM's so they stopped doing these things.
As said, you can order and pay for your own special cake.
Mention it in your reservations, maybe your anniversary will be recognized.
We go for our anniversary every year. and I always put it on our ADR's. Sometimes it is recognized, sometimes not. I do not expect it to be, so I am not disappointed if it is not. Wear Anniversary buttons and you will have lots of "Happy Anniversary" wishes.
Bottom line, if you want to make your Anniversary meal special you need to plan it and pay for it. If you are okay with the possibility of it not even being mentioned, then just note it on your ADR and see what happens.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
catheren
DIS Veteran

Totaly agree with PP's. We went for our anniversary in Oct, and wore the "happy anniverary" buttons. Some places we were sprinkled w. pixie dust others nothing. No worries, we went and expected nothing, just happy to share WDW with my love of my life
catheren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
Kpskyman
Mouseketeer

Call Disney and let them know to add celebrating anniversary to all that you have booked with them. When we went for ours, our resort room had balloons confetti and an autographed pic of Belle and Beast wishing us a happy Anniversary. A few restaurants gave us a free dessert, or champagne. We even got a free boat rental just by wearing our pins, as we did that on the fly.
Kpskyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: