Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 05:56 AM   #301
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,138

Good morning!

QOTD Wednesday, November 27

Is there a food or foods that you could never live without? Is this something that is a part of your healthy eating plan? Are there any foods that under no circumstances you would absolutely never eat?


I'll be back later for replies. Have a great day!

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #302
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,138

I KILLED THE THREAD!!!!!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #303
pictureofhealth
Yoo Hoo, big summer blow out.
 
pictureofhealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: GLESGA!!!
Posts: 34

Sprouts icky....
pictureofhealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #304
huckleberrykate
Mouseketeer
 
huckleberrykate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post

Is there a food or foods that you could never live without? Is this something that is a part of your healthy eating plan? Are there any foods that under no circumstances you would absolutely never eat?[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Absolutely never eat- meat on the bone of any kind. I am totally okay with it if no bones are involved!

My list of foods that I could not live without used to be a mile long because it was all kinds of foods that I thought I could never live with out, but since I really tried to change my eating habits that list has gotten really really short and the one food now that I really thing I would have a hard time living without would be cheese!
__________________
katie todd lillie addie grace


huckleberrykate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:25 AM   #305
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,138

Happy Thanksgiving
I'm on my phone again so I'll make this quick until later.


QOTD: What are your eating plans for the day? Will you stay on plan no matter what, or will you splurge a little on some not-so-healthy treats? For our foreigners who aren't celebrating Thanksgiving today, what are your dinner plans?


I'll be back after my freezing 5k to reply.

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #306
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,763

Good morning all and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to my US friends!

Sorry I've been MIA since Sunday. I picked up DD at college on Monday and have been right out straight since then with holiday prep, visiting friends, etc.

I hope you all are doing well and everyone is happy and healthy and ready for a great holiday and wonderful weekend ahead!

I am hoping to hop on later this weekend, during some down time and catch up with you all! TTYL.....................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #307
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,511

Happy Thanksgiving all! :
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #308
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!
 
BernardandMissBianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blink and ya miss it, CT
Posts: 23,297
DISboards Moderator

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!


My plan for the day:
Eat well. Don't stuff myself silly. No going back for seconds.
And do 45 min on the dreadmill.

We had a 4.5 mile race today but it was just to darn cold and the winds are wicked today, I opted to skip it. I chickened out! LOL
__________________
~BuffyDHDS18DS13DS12DD8
Focus your attention.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #309
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by pictureofhealth View Post
Sprouts icky....
Short, sweet, and to the point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberrykate View Post
Absolutely never eat- meat on the bone of any kind. I am totally okay with it if no bones are involved!

This is interesting to me because my husband is the same way!

My list of foods that I could not live without used to be a mile long because it was all kinds of foods that I thought I could never live with out, but since I really tried to change my eating habits that list has gotten really really short and the one food now that I really thing I would have a hard time living without would be cheese!
Mmmmmmm....cheese




Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Good morning all and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to my US friends!

Sorry I've been MIA since Sunday. I picked up DD at college on Monday and have been right out straight since then with holiday prep, visiting friends, etc.

I hope you all are doing well and everyone is happy and healthy and ready for a great holiday and wonderful weekend ahead!

I am hoping to hop on later this weekend, during some down time and catch up with you all! TTYL.....................P
Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your time with your family


Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving all! :
Happy Thanksgiving


Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!


My plan for the day:
Eat well. Don't stuff myself silly. No going back for seconds.
And do 45 min on the dreadmill.

We had a 4.5 mile race today but it was just to darn cold and the winds are wicked today, I opted to skip it. I chickened out! LOL
Sounds like a great plan! Enjoy your day


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope everyone is enjoying their day and not eating too much

After the freezing (19 degrees with wind chill of 7) 5k, we headed to Dunkin Donuts for a quick breakfast as we were starving! I think I did ok there...I avoided donuts! I came home to sleep and now I am awake because my dog did not realize I was in the house and when she found me, she was way too excited and woke me up. DH and the boys are at his grandmas and I am getting ready to head out shopping even though I bought everything I needed online. It's just a sister tradition so we are going to head out after the "doorbuster" crowds disperse

I am going to leave the QOTD for tomorrow and you can just share how your Thanksgiving was. I'll definitely be sleeping most of the morning tomorrow

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:41 AM   #310
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?
 
knewton64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,712

Smile ** WaNNA SEE SOMETHING FUN?? **

......ME
(THIS IS A "SNEAK PREVIEW" of what I will be posting on my 'San Fran, Rose Bowl' weight loss /travel blog next week that u c listed in my signature below)




"BEFORE" July 2013

(pic taken Sept 2012)



** JUST DOUBLE CLICK ON THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **
FYI- The tour Guide picked 2 people outta the group for this & I am the 2nd one u will see on the video)



the above video was me 'attempting' to do an impromptu weather forcast while I was up in NYC last year....
Hmmm.....I do not think Mr Roker has any worries!!



ANYWHO -
while I was in Ireland:

(HEY....LUV THE HAT!!)



When I was at WDW 2012





NOW.......
READY???
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!




and -

(pic taken just 3 days ago)



This adventure has been such fun & it still continues as I now have just under 3 and a half weeks to go & THANK GOSH I will be on a much needed adventure celebration as I haven't had the time to acknowledge:

1) my weight loss.
2) me aggresively paying ahead on my home mortgage these last 12 months.




Made goal this week - BARELY but I made it.




Hope all had a safe and wonderful Turkey Day.




*** FROM A WAIST LINE OF 51 INCHES AROUND TO PRESENTLY 39-40 INCHES AROUND.....LUVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF MY LIFESTYLE CHANGE ***





TTFN
&
Cheers
__________________
Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040

Last edited by knewton64; 11-29-2013 at 05:12 AM.
knewton64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #311
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer
 
dreamseeker9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 338

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
......ME (THIS IS A "SNEAK PREVIEW" of what I will be posting on my 'San Fran, Rose Bowl' weight loss /travel blog next week that u c listed in my signature below) "BEFORE" July 2013 (pic taken Sept 2012) ** JUST DOUBLE CLICK ON THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U ** FYI- The tour Guide picked 2 people outta the group for this & I am the 2nd one u will see on the video) the above video was me 'attempting' to do an impromptu weather forcast while I was up in NYC last year.... Hmmm.....I do not think Mr Roker has any worries!! ANYWHO - while I was in Ireland: (HEY....LUV THE HAT!!) When I was at WDW 2012 NOW....... READY??? DRUM ROLL PLEASE!! and - (pic taken just 3 days ago) This adventure has been such fun & it still continues as I now have just under 3 and a half weeks to go & THANK GOSH I will be on a much needed adventure celebration as I haven't had the time to acknowledge: 1) my weight loss. 2) me aggresively paying ahead on my home mortgage these last 12 months. Made goal this week - BARELY but I made it. Hope all had a safe and wonderful Turkey Day. *** FROM A WAIST LINE OF 51 INCHES AROUND TO PRESENTLY 39-40 INCHES AROUND.....LUVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF MY LIFESTYLE CHANGE *** TTFN & Cheers
Congrats to you, that is amazing! You are an inspiration!

I think I did fairly well with the eating and drinking yesterday, all things considered. I ate breakfast very early at JFK and then I brought healthy snacks for the plane ride to LAX. We had a healthy late lunch, then I didn't overstuff myself at all. I did indulge in some pineapple champagne (so good)! But I switched to water at dinner and didn't have any more the rest of the night.

This morning, I got a good walk in with my brother and his dog, and I had a healthy breakfast. I'm going to do my best not to overindulge these next few days, even at DLR on Tuesday!
__________________

My Disney Trips:
Apr. 1980 - WDW, Dec. 1982 - WDW, 1986 - WDW, Feb. 1990 - WDW, Mar. 1997 - WDW - ASMu
Nov. 2000 - WDW - PO (French Quarter before it was FQ), Nov. 2012 - WDW - AOA- Finding Nemo suite (TR here)
Dec. 3, 2013 - Disneyland
March-April 2014 - WDW - CSR
dreamseeker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #312
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,763

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
......ME
(THIS IS A "SNEAK PREVIEW" of what I will be posting on my 'San Fran, Rose Bowl' weight loss /travel blog next week that u c listed in my signature below)

"BEFORE" July 2013

(pic taken Sept 2012)


** JUST DOUBLE CLICK ON THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **
FYI- The tour Guide picked 2 people outta the group for this & I am the 2nd one u will see on the video)

the above video was me 'attempting' to do an impromptu weather forcast while I was up in NYC last year....
Hmmm.....I do not think Mr Roker has any worries!!

ANYWHO -
while I was in Ireland:

(HEY....LUV THE HAT!!)

When I was at WDW 2012


NOW.......
READY???
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!




and -

(pic taken just 3 days ago)

This adventure has been such fun & it still continues as I now have just under 3 and a half weeks to go & THANK GOSH I will be on a much needed adventure celebration as I haven't had the time to acknowledge:

1) my weight loss.
2) me aggresively paying ahead on my home mortgage these last 12 months.

Made goal this week - BARELY but I made it.

Hope all had a safe and wonderful Turkey Day.

*** FROM A WAIST LINE OF 51 INCHES AROUND TO PRESENTLY 39-40 INCHES AROUND.....LUVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF MY LIFESTYLE CHANGE ***

TTFN
&
Cheers
That is amazing!!! What a transformation!!! You are a weight-loss rock star!!

*************

Evening all! Forgive me for any typos, but I am attempting to use my new iPad keyboard. I was convinced that I would love it, but so far I'm not sure... and of course, being that I am so cheap, I bought it used, so no returning it. But I'm sure it is just a learning curve.

I've had a really wonderful two days of Thanksgiving. Eating was a bit more controlled yesterday, but overall I did amazingly well both days!! So proud of myself and glad that I have learned such great self-control around a wide variety of goodies! I just have to keep remembering that great quote....

"Don't give up what you want the most for what you want right now." That has been my manatra the past few days and it has really helped me !! I KNOW I want ______________ (fill in the blank with the current food tempting you right now) really badly now, but overall, for my life, I want to stay slim and healthy! II'm thinking of the long-term good, rather than the short-term goodies.

It's late and I promised to play a game of cards with the kids, so I'll dash for now, but I'm hoping to get back and answer some of the QOTD to get caught up!! Hugs to you all!..........P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #313
Ohana 4
DIS Veteran
 
Ohana 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 964

I've missed too many days on here! This month was a pretty successful failure for me, as I expected it would be. The cruise added 7 lbs to me for the first time ever. Usually, I gain 3-4 and I drank mostly water and ate less bread this time and definitely less ice cream. Oh well. What's done is done. Next month will be better.
__________________


Ohana
June 2011 Wonder Alaska (1st cruise)
March 2012 Fantasy W. Carib. (Maiden Voyage)
Oct. 2012 Wonder Hawaii (1st 2-week cruise)
Dec. 2012 Dream Bahamas (NYE)
Feb. 2013 Magic Cozumel (Grand Slam cruise)
Apr. 2013 Magic Cozumel (1st Gold Cruise)
July 2013 Dream Bahamas (With BFFs)
Nov. 2013 Wonder in Carib. (Fall Fun!)
June 2014 Wonder Alaska (A return to Paradise)
June 2015 Magic Norway/Iceland (A dream come true!)
Ohana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #314
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
......ME
(THIS IS A "SNEAK PREVIEW" of what I will be posting on my 'San Fran, Rose Bowl' weight loss /travel blog next week that u c listed in my signature below)

This adventure has been such fun & it still continues as I now have just under 3 and a half weeks to go & THANK GOSH I will be on a much needed adventure celebration as I haven't had the time to acknowledge:

1) my weight loss.
2) me aggresively paying ahead on my home mortgage these last 12 months.

Made goal this week - BARELY but I made it.

Hope all had a safe and wonderful Turkey Day.

*** FROM A WAIST LINE OF 51 INCHES AROUND TO PRESENTLY 39-40 INCHES AROUND.....LUVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF MY LIFESTYLE CHANGE ***

TTFN
&
Cheers
Wow! What a transformation! Congratulations on all your hard work and of course your success!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker9 View Post

I think I did fairly well with the eating and drinking yesterday, all things considered. I ate breakfast very early at JFK and then I brought healthy snacks for the plane ride to LAX. We had a healthy late lunch, then I didn't overstuff myself at all. I did indulge in some pineapple champagne (so good)! But I switched to water at dinner and didn't have any more the rest of the night.

This morning, I got a good walk in with my brother and his dog, and I had a healthy breakfast. I'm going to do my best not to overindulge these next few days, even at DLR on Tuesday!
Good job with your plan I have never had pineapple champagne and it sounds yummy. Have a great trip to DLR!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Evening all! Forgive me for any typos, but I am attempting to use my new iPad keyboard. I was convinced that I would love it, but so far I'm not sure... and of course, being that I am so cheap, I bought it used, so no returning it. But I'm sure it is just a learning curve.

I've had a really wonderful two days of Thanksgiving. Eating was a bit more controlled yesterday, but overall I did amazingly well both days!! So proud of myself and glad that I have learned such great self-control around a wide variety of goodies! I just have to keep remembering that great quote....

"Don't give up what you want the most for what you want right now." That has been my manatra the past few days and it has really helped me !! I KNOW I want ______________ (fill in the blank with the current food tempting you right now) really badly now, but overall, for my life, I want to stay slim and healthy! II'm thinking of the long-term good, rather than the short-term goodies.

It's late and I promised to play a game of cards with the kids, so I'll dash for now, but I'm hoping to get back and answer some of the QOTD to get caught up!! Hugs to you all!..........P
Glad you're having a nice holiday with your family. That's a great quote and I'll be sure to remember it as we eat Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohana 4 View Post
I've missed too many days on here! This month was a pretty successful failure for me, as I expected it would be. The cruise added 7 lbs to me for the first time ever. Usually, I gain 3-4 and I drank mostly water and ate less bread this time and definitely less ice cream. Oh well. What's done is done. Next month will be better.
I wouldn't say this month is a failure. You definitely were more aware of your eating and water intake which is a success to me. Don't worry about a gain and like you said, just move it along to next month. I'm sure the gain will drop quickly now that you are home and ready to get back to a routine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still slow around here which must mean that everyone is enjoying their holiday. Did anyone do any Black Friday shopping and score any good deals? I did a lot of shopping online for my kids this year. My sister and I shopped from about 8 pm Thursday night until 8 am this morning. We hit lots of stores, got some decent deals, and laughed a lot. I also know we walked A LOT and wish I could add all those minutes to my November exercise challenge

Oh, I have to run. I am making desserts for our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and my bundt cake is done. I'll check back in the morning. Have a great night!

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #315
Ohana 4
DIS Veteran
 
Ohana 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 964

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
. Don't worry about a gain and like you said, just move it along to next month. I'm sure the gain will drop quickly now that you are home and ready to get back to a routine. Jill
Well, right after tonight's dinner at the Melting Pot! But then it gets serious after that!
__________________


Ohana
June 2011 Wonder Alaska (1st cruise)
March 2012 Fantasy W. Carib. (Maiden Voyage)
Oct. 2012 Wonder Hawaii (1st 2-week cruise)
Dec. 2012 Dream Bahamas (NYE)
Feb. 2013 Magic Cozumel (Grand Slam cruise)
Apr. 2013 Magic Cozumel (1st Gold Cruise)
July 2013 Dream Bahamas (With BFFs)
Nov. 2013 Wonder in Carib. (Fall Fun!)
June 2014 Wonder Alaska (A return to Paradise)
June 2015 Magic Norway/Iceland (A dream come true!)
Ohana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.