Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #61
DCLJunkie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Michelle View Post
Thanks for joining in everyone!

Susan121302 ~ Thanks so much for the compliment on my dress. Not bad for $39 from Burlington Coat Factory! I couldn't believe how hard it was to find a floor length "gown" in a plus size!
$39 - Amazing!!! You are beautiful! What great TR, photos & details of what it is actually like on the ship. My hubby & I sail in little over 2 wks on the Fantasy. Thanks for the info!
DCLJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #62
Brooklyne3
Earning My Ears

Thanks for taking the time to write this trip report! I'm loving your enthusiasm and gorgeous photos. Our cruise is in two weeks. I'm concerned about the movement of the ship and getting seasick. I am nursing so can't take any seasick meds. Fingers crossed that the seabands will work. Eagerly waiting to read more!
Brooklyne3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #63
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit
it's hard to beat Colonel Sanders...
Hot for the hot vickyBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLJunkie View Post
$39 - Amazing!!! You are beautiful! What great TR, photos & details of what it is actually like on the ship. My hubby & I sail in little over 2 wks on the Fantasy. Thanks for the info!
Thank you so much! I'm glad you are enjoying the trip report, will hopefully get some more written this weekend. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

11/02/13 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, trip report in progress!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200853
Princess Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #64
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyne3 View Post
Thanks for taking the time to write this trip report! I'm loving your enthusiasm and gorgeous photos. Our cruise is in two weeks. I'm concerned about the movement of the ship and getting seasick. I am nursing so can't take any seasick meds. Fingers crossed that the seabands will work. Eagerly waiting to read more!
Thank you for taking the time to read it!

Hurricane season ends tomorrow so hopefully the seas will be a bit calmer when you sail. I've heard a lot of people swear by ginger tablets so that might be something you could look into as well.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #65
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much! I'm glad you are enjoying the trip report, will hopefully get some more written this weekend. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!
Can't wait to hear more! We set sail in less than 2 weeks on the same itinerary so your TR is making me all the more excited!
Old 11-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #66
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Was this the same Benny that you had?

If so, we had him as an assistant server on the Magic in March 2011. I loved him. We are going to be on the Fantasy over New Years Eve, I will have to look for him.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #67
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Day 3/Part 3

When our mixology seminar was over Brian went up to deck 12 to hang out for awhile and I went back to the room to relax. I started watching The Great Gatsby and once again ended up falling asleep. When I woke up it was almost time for the sunset so I went out on deck to try and get some pictures. Like the sunrise the cloud cover kept it from being too spectacular, but it was lovely out. I never got tired of just staring out over the ocean.

Cruise 2013 751 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Tonight our show was Wishes and we both really liked this one! The story was something relatable to just about everyone at some point in their lives and the musical numbers were a lot of fun. Of the three we had seen so far it is the only one I'd have watched over again.

After the show was over we had to get back to the room and get ready for our dinner at Remy! I was looking forward to this more than just about anything else on the cruise. I love to cook and I love to eat, but eating an amazing meal that someone else cooked is even better!

I honestly can't say enough good things about Remy. It is truly an experience and not just a meal. From the moment we walked in until the time we left every single staff member, from the hostess to the Chef were so friendly and went out of their way to make our experience an unforgettable one. Our waiter, Andre, was especially wonderful, such a sweet demeanor, knowledgeable, and gave us the best service we have ever had anywhere. It was the best meal either of us has ever had food and service wise. Just a really beautiful evening.

There are three ways to order from Remy's menu. There are the two set menus, Saveur and Gout, or you can order al a carte. Brian ordered Saveur as it is. I ordered Gout and made substitutions for two of the courses because I do not care for seafood.

I'll take a moment now to apologize for the clarity on some of these pictures. Remy is very dark (as it should be, really adds to the atmosphere) and that's not the best for picture taking, and there was no way I using the flash in there.

There are little Remy touches all over the restaurant. He's represented in a tiny glass sculpture on one of the chandeliers when you enter the restaurant. He is also present on the plate design, on the backs of the chairs, in the fabric of the booths and in other locations. I loved the whimsical touches that didn't take away from the elegance of the restaurant at all.

Cruise 2013 778 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 780 by princessm112877, on Flickr

The evening started off with the Colette, it's a champagne cocktail named for the female chef in the movie Ratatouille.

Cruise 2013 777 by princessm112877, on Flickr

After that we were given an Amuse Bouche of "Tomato Soup". This was really awesome. I had read about it numerous times but even knowing what to expect it was still surprising how good it was. It's a small square of tomato soup that has been breaded and deep fried. You pop the whole thing into your mouth and when you bite into it the warm soup oozes out, it's delicious! Andre shared with us how to make it, surprisingly easy.

Cruise 2013 779 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Next up was Remy's signature dish, Ratatouille with Olive Oil Ice Cream. This was definitely different. I really liked the ratatouille on it's own, did not care that much for the olive oil ice cream on it's own, but everything mixed together tasted really good.

Cruise 2013 784 by princessm112877, on Flickr

We also had bread at the start of the meal, and now after all of this our first official course came. We both had the Tomate, it was basically a tomato tart of sorts with a crispy bottom, a tomato layer, then cheese on top. Andre referred to it as an upscale twist on pizza and I could definitely see that. It was very tasty. It also came with a champagne flute filled with tomato water, this was another interesting part of our meal, but it was surprisingly delicious. The scent when you went to drink it was amazing.

Cruise 2013 787 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 788 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian's next course was Salmon, I apologize also for not having full descriptions of everything, our waiter had mentioned it was a menu that had only been out for about a week and I can't seem to locate one online that has everything that we had.

Cruise 2013 789 by princessm112877, on Flickr

My next course was the Quail with Fig Reduction and Parsnip Purée. This was fantastic. My first time trying quail and I really liked it, the flavor had just a slight gameyness to it that was not overpowering at all.

Cruise 2013 790 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Next up for Brian was Chilean Sea Bass if I'm not mistaken...

Cruise 2013 794 by princessm112877, on Flickr

My next course was Duck with Duck Sausage, Cauliflower Puree and Steamed Cauliflower. I remember this dish more than some of the others because 1. I don't like cauliflower. 2. I ate all the cauliflower. 3. One of the best dishes I've ever eaten in my life. I was very sad when it was over.

Cruise 2013 795 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian's final course was the Wagyu Beef Taco. This was a different take on tacos. It was the beef tenderloin over a bed of seasoned crunchies, with a side of Guacamole and Lime, Cilantro Cream. Since the portions were larger for our last courses I tasted this and thought it was really good.

Cruise 2013 796 by princessm112877, on Flickr

My final course was the Veal with Potatoes, wish I had more of a description for you, but it was delicious!

Cruise 2013 798 by princessm112877, on Flickr

We were so full at this point but wait, there's more! We still had a cheese course and dessert to get to! For the cheese course they rolled over the trolley and Andre went over each offering with us giving his recommendations. I'm a cheese fiend so I asked him to give us a little bit of everything. For the most part it was all good, there was one bleu that was very very pungent that neither of us cared much for, but other than that we enjoyed the rest. It was also served with some cherry crostini.

Cruise 2013 799 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 800 by princessm112877, on Flickr

I decided to have a glass of wine with dessert so Andre had the Sommelier come by and give me some recommendations based on my preferences. I can't remember what it was, I should have written it down because it was really good. A side note here since I'm on the subject of wine. We did not do the wine pairings that are $99 extra per person, but the one glass of wine I did have was $22, so depending on what you order, the wine pairings are probably a pretty good deal.

Cruise 2013 804 by princessm112877, on Flickr

The couple sitting across from us was nice enough to offer to take our picture together.

Cruise 2013 805 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Okay, on to dessert!

Brian had, well, I'd love to tell you what he had but I'll just have to show you and try to describe it. It was chocolate of course and inside were layers of thin wafer and more chocolate, it was topped with edible gold leaf. It was delicious but I don't have a clue what it was called. It also came with some sort of chocolate foam in a martini glass.

Cruise 2013 809 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 811 by princessm112877, on Flickr

My dessert was Peruvian Chocolate Mousse with Blond Chocolate Ice Cream and Dark Chocolate Fence. It was outstanding.

Cruise 2013 808 by princessm112877, on Flickr

And as if that weren't enough, then they bring out even more goodies that the chef has made. Thankfully they will gladly package these up for you to enjoy in your room later. They also give you a box of 4 special chocolates and all the ladies receive a long stem red rose. Very nice way to end such a special night.

Cruise 2013 810 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Once dinner was finished we were going to go see the comedy/stunt show that was being held in The Tube, but it was completely full by the time we got down there. I believe they were showing it on a screen in one of the other lounges, but we decided to just go look through the shops. We picked up a few gifts and ran into our assistant server and her husband. They were getting ready to head home in a couple of weeks and were getting some presents for their children. We talked to them for a few minutes and then did a little more shopping.

We went for a stroll on deck four and on the way back to our room we noticed that there was karaoke going on in D-Lounge so we stopped in and watched that for a little while. It was pretty entertaining, kids and adults alike were getting up on the stage. Not every song sang was Disney so that was nice also.

Cruise 2013 817 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Karaoke started to die down so we headed back to the room. Tonight we had an adorable elephant waiting for us.

Cruise 2013 813 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Our goodies from Remy!

Cruise 2013 814 by princessm112877, on Flickr

So ends another marvelous day aboard the Fantasy. Tomorrow we find dry land again in St. Maarten!

Last edited by Princess Michelle; 11-30-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #68
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post
Can't wait to hear more! We set sail in less than 2 weeks on the same itinerary so your TR is making me all the more excited!
Yay! I'm excited for you! I will try to have it completed before you leave for your trip!

Old 11-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #69
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Was this the same Benny that you had?

If so, we had him as an assistant server on the Magic in March 2011. I loved him. We are going to be on the Fantasy over New Years Eve, I will have to look for him.
Yes! That's our Benny! Definitely look him up. He's getting married in the Summer and said he doesn't think he's going to do anymore contracts because he wants to be home with his wife and start a family. We adored him.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #70
sinja2874
Earning My Ears

The building in your picture is a museum they just built within the last year. It has a lot of NASA memorabilia in it and the top floor has a breezeway with telescopes. It's a pretty cool new addition to the marina. Your trip looks amazing. Were heading out on 12/14. Thanks for posting!!
sinja2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #71
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinja2874 View Post
The building in your picture is a museum they just built within the last year. It has a lot of NASA memorabilia in it and the top floor has a breezeway with telescopes. It's a pretty cool new addition to the marina. Your trip looks amazing. Were heading out on 12/14. Thanks for posting!!
Thanks! It sounds like a neat place to visit, will have to check it out one day.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #72
princessnpirate
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your trip report!

princessnpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #73
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessnpirate View Post
Enjoying your trip report!
Thanks!

Old 12-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #74
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Sorry I've been slacking in my posting, I should have more up tomorrow!

Old 12-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #75
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Sorry I've been slacking in my posting, I should have more up tomorrow!
Yay!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: