Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #3031
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericstac View Post
well I'm glad I came to read about CL. I was thinking about upgrading us to CL at the Poly but not after reading this. thanks guys!.

what about the beach club CL though? We have a one nighter there and I could upgrade it to CL, worth it or not?
While I do think cl has changed over the years we will still book it as long as we enjoy our trips. We do! Especially the poly cl. Please don't read my comment to mean more than that.

Cl has always has been an overall good experience for us. The fact that it used to be better or different in some ways does not mean we don't think it's worth it. Just didn't want to leave the wrong impression. If you'd never been before I don't know if you would notice.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015June6 days akv- club levelMarch- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
Old 11-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #3032
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjen519 View Post
While I do think cl has changed over the years we will still book it as long as we enjoy our trips. We do! Especially the poly cl. Please don't read my comment to mean more than that. Cl has always has been an overall good experience for us. The fact that it used to be better or different in some ways does not mean we don't think it's worth it. Just didn't want to leave the wrong impression. If you'd never been before I don't know if you would notice. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
My comment also was just my observation re: the changes in CL.

Just as PP stated above, if you've never stayed, or have stayed recently, you prob wouldn't even know the difference & some of the views or even the size of the room (Deluxe) is booked CL.

Book what you want & what your needs are & enjoy! It's Disney!
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #3033
Tasmen
Crazy Cat Lady
Not that there is anything wrong with that

We've stayed CL at the Poly once before. On our prior trip, we did not. For me, I like booking CL to have the luxury of the lounge and the IPO. I'm on the west coast and not having to get up at 4am to make adrs matters a TON to me and I'm willing to pay extra for my sleep and sanity.

WDW - Poly - 1980
WDW - Poly - 2007 & 2011
Hitting Disneyland since 1988 -- way too many trips to count

PTR - Pink Side of the Force ~ May 2014
Old 11-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #3034
mmkenn
Earning My Ears

Just returned from YC CL. Left feeling "meh." Our last 4 trips were CL at either GF or CR and we have always left thrilled. I am really curious to know if this is a CL issue or a YC CL issue. Thoughts?

Are we expecting too much to have a bit of variety in the appetizers like we have always had before or at least some helpful people at the CM CL? Does the YC CL offer similar variations to the CR or GF or have all clubs gone standard?

We have always been extremely pleased with our CL experience. This is the first one that left us with buyer's remorse.

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:23 AM   #3035
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkenn View Post
Just returned from YC CL. Left feeling "meh." Our last 4 trips were CL at either GF or CR and we have always left thrilled. I am really curious to know if this is a CL issue or a YC CL issue. Thoughts?

Are we expecting too much to have a bit of variety in the appetizers like we have always had before or at least some helpful people at the CM CL? Does the YC CL offer similar variations to the CR or GF or have all clubs gone standard?

We have always been extremely pleased with our CL experience. This is the first one that left us with buyer's remorse.

Thanks for your help.
We stayed YC CL back in April. We had been previously in LOVE with WL CL (so awesome). "Meh" is the same way we were feeling about YC CL after our stay. I mean, we loved YC and had a great stay. There were so many positives about the resort overall, but the CL was just okay. You are right about the lack of the variety of foods. I don't know. We'd stay at YC again, but feel no reason to shell out the $$$ for CL there again.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #3036
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I don't make it over to this thread often, but I thought this would be a good place to post a link to my thread with pictures of the Beach Club Concierge Lounge and the food/drink offerings during my summer trip.

Beach Club Concierge Lounge, July 2013

Old 11-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #3037
barefootMom
Mouseketeer

I loved your beach club concierge thread ... I am wondering which is better, the CL at Beach Club or the CL at Yacht Club.....?
Old 11-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #3038
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootMom View Post
I loved your beach club concierge thread ... I am wondering which is better, the CL at Beach Club or the CL at Yacht Club.....?
I have only stayed at the Beach Club. From what I understand, the YC lounge may be a little larger, although that will probably change when the BC lounge undergoes a refurb. Possibly this summer.

Management is the same for both. I believe the food offerings are the same as well.

One big difference between the two resorts is that all of the YC rooms have full balconies (with the exception of one CL WV room, 5163, I think). About half of the Beach Club rooms have full balconies, the rest have Juliet (standing) balconies which are not large enough for a chair. The percentage is higher at club level at the BC, though, like 75%
Old 11-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #3039
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

A little disappointed in Yacht Club IPO, they could not get BOG on the day and time we wanted. I kept trying a got it on my own tonight. I sent my requests to them two weeks before the 180 month. So anyone really wanting it may want to consider trying on their own.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #3040
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
A little disappointed in Yacht Club IPO, they could not get BOG on the day and time we wanted. I kept trying a got it on my own tonight. I sent my requests to them two weeks before the 180 month. So anyone really wanting it may want to consider trying on their own.
Although I love CL, I don't use the IPO services. I prefer to do that myself for sure. I have heard more than a few issues with IPO "dropping the ball" on reservations. If I don't get a reservation, I want it to be because I didn't get it, not because I trusted someone to do it for me. But I'm a control freak like that!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #3041
PolyAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Although I love CL, I don't use the IPO services. I prefer to do that myself for sure. I have heard more than a few issues with IPO "dropping the ball" on reservations. If I don't get a reservation, I want it to be because I didn't get it, not because I trusted someone to do it for me. But I'm a control freak like that!
Thats normally the way i handle it but thought i would give it a try this time around. I have been pretty busy at work so it was nice not stressing about it that morning. I wont do it again i suppose.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #3042
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thats normally the way i handle it but thought i would give it a try this time around. I have been pretty busy at work so it was nice not stressing about it that morning. I wont do it again i suppose.
Well, at least you ended up getting the reservation! We loved BOG!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #3043
PolyAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Well, at least you ended up getting the reservation! We loved BOG!
Glad to hear you loved it! My 3 princesses just have to eat in that castle! Last time we ate at CRT they were 5, 12 and 14. This trip they are 13, 21 and 22!!! We haven't been on a trip all 5 of us in 6 years.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #3044
Tasmen
Crazy Cat Lady
Not that there is anything wrong with that

Quote:
AKL IPO couldn't get that reservation for us either. However, I don't really think it's their fault. Like you, we turned in our paperwork in ample time. The problem is that the IPO has no extra pull to get reservations. They use the same system as everyone else not staying CL.

As BOG is probably the hardest ADR to get, I imagine that was what worked against you, not the YC IPO slacking on the job. We were able to get our BOG adr. We just had to put it toward the end of our trip rather than at the beginning. You could try that?

WDW - Poly - 1980
WDW - Poly - 2007 & 2011
Hitting Disneyland since 1988 -- way too many trips to count

PTR - Pink Side of the Force ~ May 2014
Old 11-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #3045
PolyAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasmen View Post
AKL IPO couldn't get that reservation for us either. However, I don't really think it's their fault. Like you, we turned in our paperwork in ample time. The problem is that the IPO has no extra pull to get reservations. They use the same system as everyone else not staying CL. As BOG is probably the hardest ADR to get, I imagine that was what worked against you, not the YC IPO slacking on the job. We were able to get our BOG adr. We just had to put it toward the end of our trip rather than at the beginning. You could try that?
I had requested it for the 21st and we check out on the 23rd, so it was for the end of our trip. Im just glad i kept checking (when i had time)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: