Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
Beth
Just happy to be here...

"Private" Public area at Contemporay??

Hello DIS friends....

I have booked a dining reservation for my co-workers at THE WAVE in December. ...It's essential our year-end/Christmas party. There will be about 12 of us.

In addition to dinner, we would like to exchange gifts - a sort of "White Elephant" format, where folks can take a gift, or take someone elses, yada-yada - you know the drill.

Anyway - we are local, no one will be staying over.

Do you think that we could move up to the floor where they hold conferences and just hang out on the couches in the public area to exchange our gifts?

If not, any of you have any ideas?

TIA....
~ Beth
Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth View Post
Hello DIS friends....

I have booked a dining reservation for my co-workers at THE WAVE in December. ...It's essential our year-end/Christmas party. There will be about 12 of us.

In addition to dinner, we would like to exchange gifts - a sort of "White Elephant" format, where folks can take a gift, or take someone elses, yada-yada - you know the drill.

Anyway - we are local, no one will be staying over.

Do you think that we could move up to the floor where they hold conferences and just hang out on the couches in the public area to exchange our gifts?

If not, any of you have any ideas?

TIA....
~ Beth
You probably could but there's no guarantee there won't already be people there. Why can't you do the gift exchange as part of the dinner at The Wave?
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
Beth
Just happy to be here...

Thanks Missyrose... I thought about that, but I just wasn't sure if they would be agreeable to let us keep that large table(s) for an additional 30 minutes, or so, after we finish our meals??
Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #4
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth View Post
Thanks Missyrose... I thought about that, but I just wasn't sure if they would be agreeable to let us keep that large table(s) for an additional 30 minutes, or so, after we finish our meals??
You can always call Disney dining and ask. Keep in mind there are other people waiting for tables. And you said you wasn't sure if they would like it. Maybe they can put you all in an area so your group can exchange gifts etc.. I know they like to keep people moving but you never know until you call which what I would do. You are at least having dinner there so it not as if you are just taking up space if you know what I mean ... Just my two cents.. I would call and see what they say...
tiger4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

There are usually areas around that can accommodate all of you scattered around the CR.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #6
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Why would you not just do the gift exchange during the wait between ordering your meals and the food actually arriving? That way you don't have to move locations and you won't be holding up a table.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: