Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #15
Suziannie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catheren View Post
Sadly, we found that Narccoose's was a glorified quick service restaurant. We were sat at 8:00pm and received our check at 9:00. It was extremely loud in the restaurant and it seemed as though more tables had been inserted than previously. The food was subpar for the cost. The topper was while waiting for our check to be processed, Wishes began and there was a rush of people to the surrounding deck. Not people from the restaurant but people coming in who were not dining at the restaurant. For $200+ dollars, I would prefer that the restaurant would limit the deck viewing to those dining there rather than diners such as I enjoying the view losing it entirely.
My husband and I actually had an amazing meal there in 2011. I know it's been a while now, but I think the food and service were in line with the pricing then. They had lovely confetti on the table as we were celebrating and even brought us a custom menu at the end of the meal so we'll always remember what we ate that night.

However I have to absolutely agree with you on the desk viewing. I don't see why the restaurant let's people on what is basically the front porch of the restaurant blocking the view of the castle. We were seated front and center the night we went and when I started tearing up a bit (a day in the park that started at rope drop and being 22 weeks pregnant may have contributed) as the show was starting and I couldn't see my husband and a waiter banged on the windows to get people to move a bit for me.

But I don't know why they can't block that area off. There's plenty of places in that area with nearly the exact same view.

Completed Christmas Trip Report: December 2013

Resorts I've stayed at so far:
Caribbean Beach 2007/2008 Christmas & New Year's Eve
All Star Movies 2008 Food & Wine, 2011 Honeymoon, 2013 Christmas trip
Art of Animation 2013
Shades of Green 2013

Upcoming: Shades of Green December 2014!!!
Suziannie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: