Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
princesslover
DIS Veteran

Pre-pay restaurants and dinner shows

Just so I am clear:

We have ressies for CRT, Hoop-de-doo and the Candlelight processional. We are on the DDP but I want to pay for all of these OOP

All three of these are pre-paid, correct? Not just a credit card hold? I made these reservations months ago, and I can't remember what happened with my credit card.

Thanks!
princesslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslover View Post
Just so I am clear:

We have ressies for CRT, Hoop-de-doo and the Candlelight processional. We are on the DDP but I want to pay for all of these OOP

All three of these are pre-paid, correct? Not just a credit card hold? I made these reservations months ago, and I can't remember what happened with my credit card.

Thanks!
Yes, CRT and HDDR are pre-paid and although we've never done the Candlelight Processional, I think that is pre-paid as well . Hopefully someone else will be able to verify that or correct me if I'm wrong. With that said, if you have the DDP and mentioned that when you made the ADRs, they might be held with just a cc with the intention of using the DDP. I would try to look up the date you made the ADRs and check your cc statements to see if you were indeed charged for all of them because even when you use the DDP for pre-paid ADRs, you still have to leave a cc (which will only get charged in the event you decide not to go and don't cancel).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
JAMIESMITH
DIS Veteran

I know CRT and the dinner shows are pre-paid, but I don't know about the processional.

Disney's Boardwalk Villas January 2015 Desperate For More Disney Magic

JAMIESMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
princesslover
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. Now that I think of it, I seem to think that the CRT came out of my cc, then got reimbursed back in as a credit. Does that make sense? I guess I need to go back and check.

I thought both CP and HDDR were strictly prepaid though.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
princesslover
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to come back in and say that in case anyone was wondering, CRT and Candlelight processional are cc guarantee only if you are on the dining plan (CRT is prepaid if not). Only HDDR is prepaid in full. I went back and verified on my cc statements and also called Disney dining.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslover View Post
Just wanted to come back in and say that in case anyone was wondering, CRT and Candlelight processional are cc guarantee only if you are on the dining plan (CRT is prepaid if not). Only HDDR is prepaid in full. I went back and verified on my cc statements and also called Disney dining.
CRT: if you linked your resort res to the CRT res your cc will not be charged, but the information will be taken for the didn't cancel/no show penalty which is the full amount of the meals. If you didn't link your resort reservation it is a fully pre-paid meal.

Hoop De Doo: You can use dining credits for seating categories at specific show times. If the seating category you chose doesn't qualify for the dining plan you are charged the full amount when you make the reservation. What seating category/show time did you choose?

Candlelight Processional: CC no show guarantee only. You pay at the restaurant.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Candlelight Processional is not pre-paid for anyone, whether they are on the dining plan or not. You pay at the restaurant.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: