Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #391
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post
Actually we don't often have bread served here in the UK and yeah our steak sucks too! British restaurants in general can not cook steak. I love steak but vary rarely order one when dining out at home as we are so bad at it! I save my steak eating for our trips across the pond

Never eaten at R&C but have no real desire too!
From East Anglia too, Bury St Edmunds !!!A lot on R & C menu is not typical British food Steak and fish being one !!! Now Bangers and Mash that is authentic !! I just wish somewhere had pork pies !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #392
dtats
Earning My Ears

We visited the parks this past August, and while there, our worst dining experience was clearly the Tusker House. I made a ADR for 10:50AM for the day we were spending in Animal Kingdom, based upon the advice that you get the "best of both worlds," as this time straddles both the end of breakfast and the start of the lunch menu items.

Well, the logic ran in reverse during our meal. It seemed that the breakfast items were few and far between, with little to no replenishment in site, and the lunch items simply tasted awful. It seemed that everything my family sampled left each of us with a bad taste in our mouths. Add to that a feeling of nausea that stayed with us for the rest of the day, and we left convinced to eat elsewhere on our next visit.

Now, since we had a very nice dining experience this same trip over at Chef Mickey's, I'm sure there are some of you who also enjoyed their meal at the Tusker, but I'm not convinced. To me, it was horrible.
dtats is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #393
disneychic
DIS Veteran

1900 PF...ate there in Feb. 2012 and got sick and ate there again March 2013 and got sick again...that's enough for me.
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #394
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Be Our Guest Dinner - it was awful. The hostess was extremely rude, wait staff very slow and busing tables while DH waited over 20 minutes to settle the bill, nothing for the kids to eat, our food was only so-so and not worth the $$. Beast was awesome, but now that we've been there, done that, we won't return for dinner. Lunch, yes. Dinner, never again. The one and only complaint I had emailed Guest Services about over the entire trip. Thank goodness it was our last park day and not the first.

CSR October 2013, POR October 2013
Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal circa 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #395
Octoberbaby
Mouseketeer

GARDEN GRILL....the most disappointing meal I have EVER had at WDW! (and I have been to many restaurants there and have been 20+ times)...so I will NEVER go back there! Mickey and the other characters were great though.
Octoberbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #396
sazzifrazz
Mouseketeer

Mama Melrose-We had a horrible experience and were there for over 2 hours. our food was given to another table so we had to wait a LONGGGG time to get our meals...which were gross.

Via Napoli was a huge let down. I can get better pizza at Papa Ginos fast food. Its way too loud in there for me also.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #397
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzifrazz View Post
Mama Melrose-We had a horrible experience and were there for over 2 hours. our food was given to another table so we had to wait a LONGGGG time to get our meals...which were gross.

Via Napoli was a huge let down. I can get better pizza at Papa Ginos fast food. Its way too loud in there for me also.
We just ate at many restaurants since I got injured while down there food was my vacation . We felt yachtsman was hands down our best meal . We ate at ohanas 2 years in a row and don't see the big fuss. The meats all bland and tough the shrimp doesn't taste seasoned. It was more about the experience and ambience for us. Capt grilles had a nice adult type breakfast buffet. Lecellier was good but not worth a 2 credit meal. Chefs defrance never disappoints. Fast food at yak n yeti was gross. Earl of sandwich yum... And we found a new favorite the appetizers at the river roost at POR were some of the best things we ate other then yachtsman. Boma breakfast was yummy we found kona to be just regular.. Bog lunch was okay but we enjoyed the cream puff there for dessert more then the food. The chicken at pofq was very good but the sides were bland ..... For us boma breakfast and yachtsman dinner wins hands down
Old 11-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #398
kittyab
Mouseketeer

We just got back from our trip.

We were disappointed with the Crystal Palace, the food was not that great and the characters kept leaving our area we waited way too long for our daughter to meet them all.

We ate at Backlot Express (a quick serve at Hollywood studios) that was just gross and I couldn't finish the meal.

Another disappointment was Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café in Tomorrowland.

Coral Reef.... the food was good but we waited almost an hour to be seated. Not worth it to me at all.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #399
SoonerSean
Mouseketeer

We have a tradition of eating at Crystal Palace on our first night just so we won't have to leave the park. But it has never been a favorite in terms of food. When we arrived there last Sunday one of the kids even said "I thought we were never coming back here?" I think now he's right. The food is just so very average and the servers all seem overwhelmed - which is odd given that they just remove dirty plates, replenish (sometimes) drinks and then settle your bill. What's sad is that - and I get it's a buffet - is that it costs so much more than better options.
SoonerSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #400
xie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtats View Post
We visited the parks this past August, and while there, our worst dining experience was clearly the Tusker House. I made a ADR for 10:50AM for the day we were spending in Animal Kingdom, based upon the advice that you get the "best of both worlds," as this time straddles both the end of breakfast and the start of the lunch menu items.

Well, the logic ran in reverse during our meal. It seemed that the breakfast items were few and far between, with little to no replenishment in site, and the lunch items simply tasted awful. It seemed that everything my family sampled left each of us with a bad taste in our mouths. Add to that a feeling of nausea that stayed with us for the rest of the day, and we left convinced to eat elsewhere on our next visit.

Now, since we had a very nice dining experience this same trip over at Chef Mickey's, I'm sure there are some of you who also enjoyed their meal at the Tusker, but I'm not convinced. To me, it was horrible.
We had the exact opposite experience at Tusker House last May. Now in the past it was our favorite lunch spot, as we really enjoyed many of the dishes (omg the salmon yum). But at some point before our last trip, they turned Tusker House into a character dining event - which automatically ups the crazy - and there's no break between breakfast and lunch. Our reservation was for 11:30 and we went expecting to eat lunch, as we'd had breakfast very early that morning and had been park-ing for hours. But the buffet was still loaded with half-gone breakfast food.

Our server was very nice and such, but it was just after 12 before they got some of the lunch items out, and well after 12:30 before the entire buffet was changed over. It was odd.

We have another reservation there next trip, but we made it for 1:30 so we will be assured of having the lunch buffet and not the breakfast dregs.

27 WDW Trips and 2 DL Trips since 1994
Most recently, New Year's 2014
xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #401
xie
Mouseketeer

As far as places we will never eat again... we are very disappointed in a lot of the restaurants due to the menu changes associated with the Dining Plan. A lot of our favorites that we'd been eating for years and years disappeared off the menus. I still miss the Seafood Pot Pie at Coral Reef, Major Domo's Favorite Pie at the Castle (which isn't really doable anymore due to the character madness anyway), the amazing King Crab Legs that Captain Jack's used to serve, and so many others. We no longer go to any of those restaurants because we don't enjoy what's on their menus now.

We'll also never go back to Via Napoli. We tried it last January and it was very overpriced for less than mediocre food.

We will not set foot in Crystal Palace unless it's breakfast - the lunch and dinner buffets are not good, especially for what they cost. We rarely even do the breakfast anymore.

27 WDW Trips and 2 DL Trips since 1994
Most recently, New Year's 2014
xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #402
paisleys
Earning My Ears

I will never eat at The Wave again. (ps I loved the post where the person likened the Wave to a hotel cafeteria or conference room, forget but both are accurate). The food is actually pretty good but the service is not up to par at all. We had one server who stacked all of our dirty plates onto mine and proceeded to scrape all of the leftovers together onto the top plate right in front of me (gross!). I was a server for years and this is a huge no-no. The service overall always feels rushed, like you are bothering them.
This may or may not be their fault but the atmosphere is atrocious! Two times we went and it was full of screaming children. We have two children of our own and always took them out of restaurants when they got fussy but I guess people feel it's ok there? It makes no sense because the cost of a meal there is expensive.
You didn't ask for my favorite but Flying Fish! Five star service every time we have dined there.
paisleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #403
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I'll never say never, but we weren't impressed with Tony's Town Square. Mediocre food, service felt rushed. If we ever do go back, it wouldn't be for many trips to come.

One restaurant I will likely never eat at but we haven't tried before is Restaurant Marrakesh. No interest or like for that style of food, and I have heard horrid reviews on it to boot. No thanks.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #404
chinarider
DIS Veteran

Glad we got to do Le Cellier lunch when it was just 1 TS- even with that said, not sure if we would go back. Just didnt live up to the hype. Also, we go often and there are others that we want to try. Ohana was a huge disappointment as well as Kona. On different nights ( within the same week ) we were served RAW, STILL PINK IN THE MIDDLE-- CHICKEN. I contacted restaurant managers, hotel manager as well as Disney after the trip as this is an extreme health hazard. Unlike others, we enjoyed MM. The food was great, it was just the service that was the issue. However for the Fantasmic pkg, it's the best bet, otherwise we wouldnt be doing it again ( just because there are others that we would love to have time to try). Enjoyed R&C however, was extremely disappointed that they ran out of the "Sticky Toffee Pudding"- which was a big draw for us as well.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #405
wulfekamp
Mouseketeer

My list
Epcot 1. France Cant remember the name and don't want to.
2. Corral Reef I love great seafood its not even close.
3. China Lots of food but bland.
Hollywood
Studios 1. Hollywood & vine.
2. Pizza planet
3. ABC
MK 1. Crystal Palace
2. Tony's
Resorts 1. Boma Sorry but one of the worst I have EVER had.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: