Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #301
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
We found a place to park our bikes, and while the 3 men (spelled IDIOTS)
Sure is a lot of man-hating going on over on this thread. I wonder how my TR would be taken if I reversed the roles...

Quote:
I just didn't give a %$*!. (Feel free to insert your favorite 4 letter expletive here. All work well.)
WORK is a 4-letter expletive for me.

Quote:
It is the same name as the ice cream shop they have in Kauai, where we enjoyed the greatest ice cream in our lives as often as we could- Lappert's.
I can totally vouch for you!

Quote:
I got there and there were no lines- I marched right up to the counter and said- make mine a double.

Quote:
What kind of ice cream should I get? Says Pods.

If you want to know what my answer was, refer back to the bicycle lock paragraph. Again, all 4 letter expletives work here as well.
I thought that particular flavor only came in sandwich form. And everyone would have to take a bite.

I see Timmy was back to his adventurous self with his choice of flavors!

Quote:
You know we don't care what this guy had-
You already gave us a hint, and we can see the color.

Quote:
You'll have to wait to see how that turns out..... But let's just say you can count on the fact that $4 glasses of wine at the honor bar WORK WONDERS!
There you go! Next time hit the wine bar before you go biking.

On second thought, maybe that's not a good idea.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #302
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Omg I would have lost my Schmidt with those men. Ice cream and wine fixes it all. Lol

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #303
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I've never been in that ice cream shop but whenever we are there, it is PACKED!

Still, I'm impressed you went for ice cream...not lunch/snacks...or a cocktail!

I didn't know about the tokens...we just waited in line I'll have to remember that.

UGH riding back up in the afternoon crowds. Just UGH. I can't imagine running it later in the day, more or less biking it from the ferry building. It seems to me that when we did it, maybe it wasn't quite as crowded tourist wise? Or maybe it was a weekday, I have no idea.

I bet we don't get upgraded. I am thinking 2 years in a row of that and we used up all our Kimpton Reward pixie dust. LOL! Fingers crossed though. Actually fingers crossed we have a babysitter..but that's another story entirely.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #304
MEK
DIS Veteran

Thanks for another great laugh. I, like Jill, can think of many expletives to fill that blank space.

So the moral of your update is - if ice cream doesn't make everything better, wine will!

I love this TR report!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #305
Beth D
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=CRdisMom;501Omg I would have lost my Schmidt with those men. Ice cream and wine fixes it all. Lol[/QUOTE]

Amen! I would have gone straight for the ice cream and wine too!
Old 11-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #306
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm sure this is just coincidence, but the picture of Tim with his ice cream just looks all, "OMG - I'm really sorry, Mom! Here, take a pic of me with my ice cream!"

BTW, on our trip, we will be taking the ferry TO and from Sausalito.
RGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:18 AM   #307
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I wish Ice Cream made me feel all better. I can only have a couple bites, if I have a whole serving I'm in trouble. I think I have inherited my Mother's lactose intolerance. Cheese isn't bad, but ice cream and hot chocolate are the worst.

Wine on the other hand! That will improve my mood post haste!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #308
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Sometime I think our fellas (and I mean all of our collective fellas, just don't get it). That's about all I can say about that.

I used a word that begins with an f for the first missing word and one that begins with an s for the second.

Ice cream is a cure all around here too. And wine. Wine fixes a lot. Wine last night fixed the fact that I'm on Day 7 of a 10 day solo parenting gig. Today a trip to Trader Joes with my bestie will fix Day 8. It's the simple things.

Sausalito looks beautiful though. We haven't been to Nor Cal in ages, well I haven't, looks like I need a trip back minus any bike riding unless they have a lazy girls bike route.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #309
GiantsNiners11
DVC Pro

Thanks for posting your trip report! Awesome! Can't wait to go back already, right?
GiantsNiners11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:54 AM   #310
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile ** NOW I KNoW WHAT 2 GET U 4 CHRISTMAS.... **

...... A BICYCLE!!

your trip reports just leave me in stitches -
and Lilo......
and Goofy....
and................

Can't wait to hear more.

P.S. I am now at a 93 pound weight loss-----got just 10 pounds vacation weight to lose and that's it.
I will be posting my "before & after" pics /video on my below listed SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL trip report in about 8 more days.

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #311
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Wow you learn something new everyday... I love your idea of taking the ferry back. I've eaten at Lappert's many time both in Kauai and Sausilito too. So cool seeing icons I'm familiar with.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #312
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

I will be back to do replies after this- I would just like to get an update in!

Back to the Hyatt Regency we went-

Where our very wise investment into the regency Club was about to pay off! Every evening at 5, until 8 or 9, I believe, they had happy hour with a different theme each night, substantial appetizers, and an honor bar with $4 or $5 wine, beer and cocktails. What you did for the honor bar was help yourself (wow, those were some up to the tippy top glasses of wine that were poured, lol!) and then mark it on a card with your room number to put in a box.

Works for us!

Tonight's theme was Mexican, complete with taco meat and shells-

Some ceviche-

I know everything looks picked through- I just want to add that 5 minutes after I took all these pics, they replenished EVERYTHING, unless they were changing an item for something else.

Pods picked his poison, which ended up being an Anchor Steam-

And i had a glass of pinot grigio.

When we saw the tacos, we called Timmy & Tyler in the room and told them to come up- they were going to LOVE happy hour at the Hyatt, lol! Tacos are one of their FAVORITE things- I think they would be thrilled if I made them tacos twice a week, they love them that much.

The ceviche had shrimp and crab, and it was DELICIOUS!!!!

Also grabbed some chips and salsas

Our view-

A happy Timmy-

And Tyler-

This is how they like it- loads of meat and some cheese. I guess they are purists.

We ended up deciding that tonight we would just eat tacos etc for dinner and save some $$ on buying dinner elsewhere, because clearly there was plenty to eat. I showed tyler over to the massage chairs- he felt like a king, lol!

His view from over there-

We may never get him out of that chair!

The ferry bldg and the Bay Bridge-

Humboldt Fog is one of my favorite cheeses EVER, but ALL of these cheeses were sooooooo good! Although looking at this, the cards are a bit mixed up- they need to switch the blue cheese for the triple creme-

Cont'd next post-

Last edited by podsnel; 11-25-2013 at 01:05 PM.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #313
15isto2
DIS Veteran

I like the look of the cheese

15isto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #314
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

They offer board games up in the club, and Timmy found some cards. He wanted to show us his EXCELLENT magic trick, which he had learned from his Math Explorations teacher last year-

He did a fantastic job! Pods and I were sufficiently dazzled!

We grabbed some chicken wings when they came out-

As well as replenished our drinks frequently. It was a VERY VERY VERY good Happy Hour- total attitude adjustment for all! It was also gorgeous up there as the sun set....

They put out some yummy desserts, and the boys had their fill before they decided to head back to the room-

More bridge-

I love that line of fog stuck between the island and Oakland-

I was by myself taking pictures when I started- when I finished, there were about 6 others taking photos, too!

We had a really nice time up there that night- in contrast to our day on the bikes- and we were all enjoying each others company again, SO NICE!

But Pods and I were not done yet! Even if we weren't going to eat anything, we were STILL going over to Pier 23 for a cocktail....or two.

Pods had his usual of the vacation, and I tried a The Sally Rand $11
Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Pear Liqueur, Ginger, Lemon $11 (Sally Rand is a famous San Franciscan)

I know someone named Sally rand, so I had to try it. I have to say, Sally is an acquired taste! Our bartender was a nice guy...he was busy that night- lots of America's Cup Crews hanging out here.

Live music!

When I got through Sally, I decided to try something else, a French 75
Gloria Ferrar Brut, St. Germaine, Junipero Gin $10-

I enjoyed this MUCH more- sorry Sally!

We walked around outside behind the restaurant before we headed back- they have a very popular deck out there on the water.

On the way home we saw-

But thankfully did not need to use it, lol!

Up next- tomorrow is our last full day in SF- and SURPRISE!!! It's going to be a busy one!!

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #315
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Mmmm, nice Happy Hour spread and great view! That would put me in a better frame of mind too!

Jill in CO

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: