Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #16
TinaLala
Hold My Table at Ohana's I'm on My Way!

This is going to sound crazy but, make sure you pack diapers and bottles. I know it sounds crazy but you dont want to go there and realize you have no diapers, no car and not enough cash to pay for Disneys diapers! Put some in every bag along with wipes and bottles.

With that said buy a stroller fan, keep a ziploc bag of wipes in cooler if youre going in the summer. Bring swimmy diapers and keep them with you and be prepared to strip them down to run thru fountains.

Courage Confidence Character!
http://lalacraftworld.wordpress.com/ - my craft blog!

TinaLala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #17
kdn hawaii
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaLala View Post
This is going to sound crazy but, make sure you pack diapers and bottles. I know it sounds crazy but you dont want to go there and realize you have no diapers, no car and not enough cash to pay for Disneys diapers! Put some in every bag along with wipes and bottles.

With that said buy a stroller fan, keep a ziploc bag of wipes in cooler if youre going in the summer. Bring swimmy diapers and keep them with you and be prepared to strip them down to run thru fountains.
Do they need to be in swim diapers to run through fountains?
kdn hawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #18
TinaLala
Hold My Table at Ohana's I'm on My Way!

No, but it will make things easier for you to change.

Courage Confidence Character!
http://lalacraftworld.wordpress.com/ - my craft blog!

TinaLala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #19
ChickyRootie
Mouseketeer

This may sound silly, but bring a small lightweight blanket and a comfy (non itchy) sweater. When you go from the heat into the chilly restaurants and rides the extreme and sudden temperature change can make the baby cranky. Before you walk in just throw the blankie over baby's lap...after he/she adjusts to the temp, slowly, you can take off the blanket and baby can enjoy the nice cool environment!
ChickyRootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #20
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

I highly recommend a stroller fan and an extra large shade if you will be going during the warmer months. We have one like this, it folds up very compact and creates a very large canopy area for the stroller. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2302843

Bring cup/bottle cleaning supplies in your luggage. You don't realize how difficult it is to clean everything without a bottle brush. If not staying in a villa also bring a small container of dish soap and a sponge.

Bring as much from home as you can. The resorts and baby care centers have the essentials, food, formula, milk, etc but you will pay heavily for it. You may also not be able to get the brands, flavors, and exactly what your LO is used to. If you don't bring it from home take advantage of one of the many personal shopper/delivery services available.

Baby care centers are great.

Invest in and know how to use a good baby carrier. I love my Beco. Many people like Ergos, wraps, and slings. A Bjorn is not ideal (read: not good at all) for mom (or dad) or baby, there are much better options out there.

Bring diapers in your luggage. All that space that they take up on the way there can be used for souvenirs on the way home.

Enjoy yourself and take it easy. Stay hydrated. Make sure the LO's stay hydrated. Plan for frequent stops. Enjoy every second!
DD (2014)
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #21
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdn hawaii View Post
We are staying at AK. Is there a convenience store nearby or somewhere to pick up diapers and other baby stuff nearby? We are not renting a car.
We have also ordered formula from Amazon.com and had it delivered to the hotel (Prime so it was free)
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #22
Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo
Dis Veteran

1. Baby sunscreen- I see so many sunburned babies, it makes me want to cry.
2. Bring a couple thin receiving blankets to line the stroller, and also to use with clothespins to clip to the canopy of your stroller, for when the sun is coming in the sides. Also useful to avoid the hot skin to hot skin contact, when holding baby.
3. HAT for baby.
4. Extra sets of clothes and pacifiers (unless they are clipped to baby)
5. Washcloth in a baggie to wet at fountains and refresh baby.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:16 AM   #23
Miumiu4me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickyRootie View Post
This may sound silly, but bring a small lightweight blanket and a comfy (non itchy) sweater. When you go from the heat into the chilly restaurants and rides the extreme and sudden temperature change can make the baby cranky. Before you walk in just throw the blankie over baby's lap...after he/she adjusts to the temp, slowly, you can take off the blanket and baby can enjoy the nice cool environment!
This is excellent advice
Miumiu4me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #24
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

Since my DD is grown up and married now and talking of starting a family these are some great tips, to add to my Disney book for later on.

I have a few tips from when she was little.

1) Stick to their schedule, naps, meals, and snack times.

2) Character's at different ages could frighten them, don't push the picture op, its not worth it.

3) Make sure to have enough baby items with you for at least 36 to 48 hours, when flying, I mean everything, diapers/wipes, bottles/formula, several changes of clothing, food and snacks, small bottle brush, take a sponge slightly wet and add some dish detergent, let dry and cut up into pieces or strips, place in a baggie - to be able to wash out a bottle. You do not want to get stuck in a airport with out these items.

4) Garden Grocer and other delivery service are wonderful -

5) If you bring a umbrella stroller with you, these are great for airports, and such. But I would suggest renting a large stroller from one of the local company's. They deliver to and pick up from resort. They are really great for holding everything. cup holders, lots of under seat storage, canopy tops. My friends just did this with their 2 grandkids and said it was wonderful.

6) Swim diapers are a must.

7) Use the baby stations

8) Know that there might be a few hic-ups along the trip, but that your in the most magical place, and all is well.

As a suggestion it might be nice for you and your a 8 year old to have some one on one time. Maybe you could pick some rides together for just to 2 of you to ride together, maybe while the baby is back at the resort with your mom napping. Being the big sister or brother is hard work... Just a suggestion.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #25
bopper
Which way to the Hundred Acre Woods?
I have been in VMK since day 1 and am still playing!

The baby won't get much out of this trip. Don't do things for them. Do things for yourself. So if you want a picture with Pooh and the baby, do it. But if you have to skip a nap to do that, consider that very long.

Keep the baby happy...keep on schedule with naps/foods, etc.

We ended going to WDW when my oldest was like 9 months...you can go on slow rides, see fishies, see characters, etc. Just take it slow and don't worry about what you don't do for them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: