Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #61
tdhickey
DIS Veteran

Disneyland - Innoventions for sure, although they are at least trying with the Marvel stuff. I also avoid Casey Jr's Train like the plague.

DCA - Ferris Wheel - boarding and off loading takes forever.
tdhickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #62
FreshBakedDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyCatsAtDLR View Post
What?!?!?! How do you not get immersed in it?! I am a lifelong Disney lover and Disneyland will always be number one, but I absolutely love Soarin'. I think it is a brilliant ride, especially if you sit in the front row. I could understand if you had said you were afraid of heights or got motion sickness, but I don't understand what you mean by "No immersion, no personality. It's exactly what Disneyland isn't as far as I'm concerned." Please explain!
concrete floors, steel girders, and a film that cuts between dichotomous scenes every 30 seconds. I never once feel like I'm flying, I never once feel like I'm in any of the environments I'm being asked to believe I'm in. For me, Disneyland has always been about putting you there. And they do that through details and love and affection in the presentation. This show lacks any of that. It's a lowest common denominator approach to entertainment and storytelling. Of course there's no story either...
FreshBakedDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #63
LizzyS
DIS Veteran

Soarin' is cool, but I must admit I was expecting more considering all the hype.

I agree that it'd be better if it followed a story. Other motion simulator rides that I've ridden had a story line at Universal Studios and Dollywood and I found them more enjoyable, honestly.

1st ever trip to Disneyland: November 5th, 2011

2nd trip to Disneyland & California Adventure: February 23rd & 25th-26th, 2013

3rd trip to DLR (on site stay @PPH): February 26th - March 2nd, 2014
LizzyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #64
Sandan77
Mouseketeer

Fliks Flyers, I needed a bucket when I got off. And as my daughter called it thru her tears Mickeys Not So Fun Wheel !!
Sandan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #65
Pinup Mommy
Making everyday a Dapper Day!!

My child loves to ride everything...and i mean everything!

I have learned to tolerate the worst of the worse, Autopia...sure I will get whiplash and tolerate the fumes because she gets to drive. Matterhorn, ok, she is 3 and rides it with out crying, that's cool. Mickey's Wheel of Terror, it is hilarious to see mommy scream and cry like a baby, ok...... I will even squeeze into Goofy's Sky school and Gadget's Go Coaster, but Nemo is where I draw the line.

DL local since 1980 ~ WDW 1986 ~ WDW 2000 Disney Contempary ~ WDW 2005 Disney Polynesian ~ AP holder since 2009 ~ DL's MNSSHP 2011&2012 ~ DCL Wonder 2012 Halloween Cruise

Pinup Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:02 AM   #66
tdhickey
DIS Veteran

Surprised by the amount of dislike for Nemo here, so much better than the old sub ride. Totally understand the hate for the Fun Wheel, that thing is just mean!
tdhickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #67
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan18 View Post
Never been on the Wheel of Death and prob never will... I gotta say im not a fan of Winnie the Pooh, its must be my least favorite in DL followed closely by Captain EO (according to my parents it would be cool if I had seen it the first time it was out)
Oh, don't say Pooh - that's one of my DD6's favorites (along with BTMRR and TOT - she's diverse)!

Mine would be Roger Rabbit (that whole movie just never seemed child-appropriate to me, so trying to get kids to understand the ride without having seen the movie...) in DL and Jumpin Jellyfish in DCA (the HR is too high for the audience that might enjoy it).
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #68
elamarca
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEYFIL View Post
For me the worst ride is, much like others here, the wheel!!!! That bloody wheel of boredom and vomit.

But I will throw another into the ring. The biggest let down for me is Peter Pan. From the enormity of the line and the chaos of children yelling in a confined area, to the horrible ride duration to wait time ratio, I have to say this was the biggest waste of time I have ever gone through. I just don't get it, why is this on like everyone's rush list to do first thing in the morning?
I don't get it either! I think it's cute and I LOVE Peter Pan.. but I don't get the mad rush to get on it first thing or the insane crowds it attracts. Though I absolutely LOVE the look of it and to walk around an immerse myself in it.. most of the Fantasyland attractions are just "meh" to me.

My six year old desperately wants to go on the Fun Wheel this year and now this thread seriously has me racking me brain for reasons why we can't. Sounds awful!
elamarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #69
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinup Mommy View Post
My child loves to ride everything...and i mean everything!

I have learned to tolerate the worst of the worse, Autopia...sure I will get whiplash and tolerate the fumes because she gets to drive. Matterhorn, ok, she is 3 and rides it with out crying, that's cool. Mickey's Wheel of Terror, it is hilarious to see mommy scream and cry like a baby, ok...... I will even squeeze into Goofy's Sky school and Gadget's Go Coaster, but Nemo is where I draw the line.
I have a special place in my heart for Autopia. Right now I have over 200 HP of turbocharged driving pleasure for my daily commute, but riding Autopia was the first time I'd ever driven a real car with a real internal combustion engine. I remember being in full control with the accelerator and steering. On our last trip we took our 3 YO on Autopia for the first time and the kid got to steer (couldn't reach the pedal). I know there were fumes and it just putted along, but that smile for the entire ride was priceless. Since then we've gone on other amusement park car rides, including one that was electric with no accelerator but real steering. It was interesting but nowhere near as smile inducing as Autopia.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #70
DisneyBiskit
Mouseketeer

I used to never be a fan of Nemo, but I now have the soundtrack for the rides and I really like the music, so I have no problem going on that, closing my eyes and just listen and relax.

My new attraction of dread at DL is the Matterhorn. Not fun with someone with a bad back.

At DCA, I'm not a fan of Goofy's Sky School or what I like the call "The Ballcrusher"!

Next, next trip: Sept. 26-28 Mickey's Halloween Party
DisneyBiskit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #71
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizMe View Post
Winnie the Pooh's Acid Trip.
I agree ...
Old 12-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #72
roflclaw
Mouseketeer

I don't like a lot of the rides on the right side of california adventures; the "fair" type rides aren't really my thing.

also nemo, it's just not my cuppa tea.
roflclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #73
bittybabygrower
Mouseketeer

The Wheel of Vomit!! We were in the center non-stationary cars....holy moly....even my hubby who is never sick on anything looked green! We were all literally clawing at the cage.and it seems we had an extra long ride lol lol. Longest ride if my life!!
bittybabygrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #74
Mary484
Mouseketeer

Soarin, Goofy's Sky school and Maters are all on my least favorite list.

I completely agree that there's nothing immersive about Soarin. Goofy's and Maters are just jerky and not fun.
Mary484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #75
jfk4
Earning My Ears

I hate It's Tough To Be a Bug.

Getting stabbed, squirted, poisoned and crawled over just isn't any fun. I'd say that it is tough to be an audience member.
jfk4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: