Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2013, 12:25 AM   #646
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

I'm all about the reason for the change in the first place: more steril. I'm willing to trade the colorfulness for the assurance that my ENTIRE bed will be clean and sterilized upon my arrival. And the runners make a nice accent!

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
alan_renfroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #647
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
. I'm willing to trade the colorfulness for the assurance that my ENTIRE bed will be clean and sterilized upon my arrival.
Maybe it's just me, but that sounds more like a stay in hospital than a Disney vacation...

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #648
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
I'm all about the reason for the change in the first place: more steril. I'm willing to trade the colorfulness for the assurance that my ENTIRE bed will be clean and sterilized upon my arrival. And the runners make a nice accent!
I'm with you. The ambience earound the resort is fine. I feel. Much safer getting into a clean bed where I can see if a bug is on it.exterminators are more costly then a disney trip.. There's more important issues to whine over then white bedding. I think smoking section right out the food court door is much worse then the white bedding. Who wants to smell that when they are getting morning coffee. Ewwww bad spot for a smoking section
Old 11-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #649
songkat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
So, what does everyone think, apart from the undoubted hygiene improvements, does this look better or worse than the original bedding from the last refit?

Andre
I like this much better. The comforter had a nice design on it, but was still just a quilted comforter which seems to be rather cheap-looking to me. I like this much better. The splash of color/design on the runner is very nice. I'm more about the furniture and other decor in the room, anyway.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #650
Belle61513
Mouseketeer

Has anyone been to POFQ recently? Are the fridges back in place yet?

Engaged on Seven Seas Lagoon private Wishes Cruise May 13th, 2012.

<> ADPi <>
Belle61513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #651
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only one.
You're not the only one When we were there at the end of October, we thought it was blah. You can still have a mostly white spread but add some colored threading to it, just outlining the pattern might help. It would also be nice if the pattern was themed after the resort or Disney instead of of just straight lines, squares or diamond shapes. JMO

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(4), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #652
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle61513
Has anyone been to POFQ recently? Are the fridges back in place yet?
According to post #1 of this thread, yes all rooms are done.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #653
maryandjim
Earning My Ears

Yes
maryandjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #654
maryandjim
Earning My Ears

YES French Quarter has fridges. Sorry about the previous post. As you see I'm new but had the best time at FQ at the end of October.
maryandjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #655
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

This time next week we will be all checked in at POFQ & on our way to MK & DHS. Can't wait. First stay at POFQ. Want to see diff between it & POR.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #656
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Hey Andre, will you be posting Mardi Gras parade info.

I just realized I'll be at WDW on Mardi Gras (wouldn't you know my next trip I will not be at a PO resort). I would like to visit to see the parade of 'floats' but since I won't be there I'm not sure how to get the info. Will they have info up at the resort or is it in the activity schedule?

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #657
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Hey Andre, will you be posting Mardi Gras parade info.

I just realized I'll be at WDW on Mardi Gras (wouldn't you know my next trip I will not be at a PO resort). I would like to visit to see the parade of 'floats' but since I won't be there I'm not sure how to get the info. Will they have info up at the resort or is it in the activity schedule?
Just try to avoid MK on Mardi Gras. It was super crowded this year on that date. It was such a relief to be in EP and then AK the following 2 days; they were not busy at all.
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #658
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Maybe it's just me, but that sounds more like a stay in hospital than a Disney vacation...

Andre
It's not just you.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:48 AM   #659
smidgy
dimples

I'm glad they are doing away with the bulky comforters. !we try to fold them up at the bottom of the bed, but during the night they invariably fall off the bed. a person going from the bed furthest from the bathroom TO the bathroom during the night ends up tripping on the darned thing on the floor at the foot of the closer bed. and I don't like the weight of it on my feet.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #660
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132

I think smoking section right out the food court door is much worse then the white bedding. Who wants to smell that when they are getting morning coffee. Ewwww bad spot for a smoking section
This aggrevated me no end on our trip...walking in to fill my mugs, here's a helping of smoke...

We witnessed many smokers not at DSA's the whole trip, so disrespectful. The worst was the old lady who refused to follow directions to smoke in DSA during the AAA fireworks viewing at MK. Her smoke drifted over towards us for the whole show, despite being asked by CM to move to the DSA...

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

Last edited by skriegerjr; 11-27-2013 at 06:20 PM.
skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: